Soul Calibur 6

Is killer instinct viable for Soul Calibur? I’d think dark souls over anything else, possibly anything else that is huge with the gaming community.

Definitely dark souls.

Jago 2014 is a Kilik/Ryu already if any odd universe that one of the roster is even considered, aganos

That follow through! I always loved repeated ground stabs with the whip sword after defeat for good measure lol

We have hope for taki!
Soul Calibur 6 is said to take place during the 16th century and will revisit the events of the original SOULCALIBUR. **Both

new and old

fighters will be featured in the roster with our first two confirmed characters being Mitsurugi & Sophitia.** Soul Calibur 6 is slated to release for PS4/XB1 & PC in 2018. Announcement Press Release below.

▌SOULCALIBUR VI Press Release
 ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄  ̄

SANTA CLARA, Calif. BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. returns to the stage of history with SOULCALIBUR™VI for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and STEAM® for PC. Enter into a new chapter of weapons-based 1 vs 1 fighting with returning fan-favorite characters and all-new gameplay systems.

The SOULCALIBUR franchise has been the premier 3D weapon-based fighting series since the original SOUL BLADE released in arcades in 1995. SOULCALIBUR VI retains the series’ signature 8-Way Run movement system, providing super smooth 3D movement, while integrating new gameplay systems such as the exciting Reversal Edge. Reversal Edge enables characters to clash against each other and follow-up with powerful counterattacks based on their opponent’s actions. Challenge the computer AI, compete against friends, or challenge fighters from around the world in high-speed dynamic battles with jaw-dropping visual effects.

Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original SOULCALIBUR to uncover hidden truths with a diverse lineup of new and returning characters with their unique fighting styles including series mainstays; Mitsurugi and Sophitia.

Yes🏆 reboot featuring the greatest hits!

1 Like

Hope there’s a story mode

Sadly, it looks like they are all in on the mammoth breasts bouncing out of costumes. Sigh. I know that’s not new to the series but I had hoped they might tone it down rather than amp it up. Disappointing.

1 Like

considering its likely a reboot I wouldn’t worry bud. Taki’s chances are very good I think. heck I’m confident to see lizardman.

1 Like

I think they all go up a bra size in each sequel.
Poor Ivy’s going to have some brutal back pain when she gets old…

1 Like

New SC6 gameplay trailer

6 Likes

You can tell they are well into development.
I love news like this- instead of a lot of promises and trickling slow rate ‘maybe we are or not’ / monthly teasers trends of the gaming world’s last three years, they are ON IT!!!

cannot wait!!!

2 Likes

I’m also glad that we’re getting some info on the game already, instead of them just throwing out a teaser and then stays silent for weeks. I don’t get hyped on that, I get annoyed. XD

1 Like

Taki is the worst in my opinion. They’re woefully disproportionate and she doesn’t have any clothes to support them. Anyone trying to be an actual ninja would have those things removed…

In the first Soul Calibur, I thought Sophitia was gorgeous and dressed like a character in a risqué movie. Now she looks like a sex worker who has had antigravity implants installed and is dressed for her next scene. I will go back and look at the first game (and yes I know it’s really the second game after Soul Edge). Maybe it’s just because I was 19 then and I’m 40 now. And I’m not obsessed with this issue, but I am just not inclined to want to play games with absurdly depicted women. And the more cringey something is the less likely I am to be able to get my money’s worth out of the game. Which just makes me sad.

1 Like

Typical Japanese fighting game women…
Even Cammy from Street Fighter all of a sudden got some big bahonkas in SFV, and she’s usually represented as being somewhat flatchested.

They’re not as ridiculously big as Ivy’s and Taki’s, but it’s still bigger than she’s usually represented.

Ivy’s just seemed to get bigger and bigger, and Taki’s just don’t make any sense. At least in the first Soul Calibur they looked more natural.

It’s no secret to me that aeon/Lizardman will be returning.

I predict he will be having this design for sure. But the question is will he retain his own name Aeon? either way I’ll be happy whenever we get info on his return.

He is certainly one of the most if not the most unique character in the roster in my opinion.

1 Like

I just want his name to be Aeon…

You are dead right and I’m not arguing with you. But I would just point out (as you know) that the smallest chested Cammy ever depicted would not be considered flat chested as an actual woman. Just less busty than most video game/comic book characters. The two upper images would be considered chesty women in the real world.

1 Like

Lol they always make sure the men are well-endowed in the upper body area

What bothers me about some designs and especially female clothing/ bodysuits they obviously just put color film shader on body you should not be able to see such crisp contour if it were actual clothing. We don’t need to see her nipples poking

(Edited to be more sensible)
And there are the males with flowing fabric and distinguishable textures

One thing I loved about the last create a soul was you could have a lean or stocky build

This ensured truly unique characters

1 Like

True, but compared to most female videogame characters, she’s always been “small” at least. :stuck_out_tongue:

True, but that’s muscles. Women’s breasts don’t grow from being muscly, as far as I know.
Sure, a muscly chest on a man kinda has the same effect, I get what you mean.

And yeah, the whole thing about “This shirt is so tight that it is snugged neatly around the breasts and shows the abs” is just silly…

I personally miss the more skinny/leaner dudes in fighting games. I mean, we have Ermac in MKX, and I do think he’s cool, but he’s also very wrinkly and almost mummified. XD

1 Like

Finally a fighting game I can be excited about. It’s been kinda disappointing having so many fighting games come out or be coming out that I can’t get into or be excited about.

Hmmm…

6 Likes

Lol

1 Like