Soul Calibur 6

I haven’t played through much of anyone’s story mode. I am sorry to admit that between the online, and maybe my own personal development as a fighting game player (recognizing what my preferences are), I really lost interest in SC VI. I want to love it, but I find playing it to be a frustrating experience that doesn’t make me happy. So, although I have the season pass, I haven’t turned the game on in months. I recognize that in lots of ways it’s a great game, and I wish it well - and hopefully many seasons of content for those who enjoy it. But I doubt I will be playing much.

That’s okay, it’s not uncommon for folks to lose interest in a game at times. Heck I haven’t touched MK11 in months myself. But I don’t blame you, SCVI isn’t always going to be everyone’s cup of tea.

Personally I still think Cassandra’s was the best of the DLC stories, also far better paced. With that said: That infinite plains stage they have in Hilde’s story is IMO the best looking stage in the game, and I am sad they will leave it as story only (yes I am aware there are 4 blank slots on the stage select screen).

On a side note, is anyone disappointed with how they are handling CaS DLC? They only have two costumes at most in the set that was released alongside Hilde, and of course Hilde’s amazing redesign doesn’t have a male variant (whereas Groh’s outfit does have a version usable by females), so already less options for male CaS characters this time around. Also the new effects and stickers mean little to me, like they do in Tekken 7.

I guess there’s hope that the bundle they release alongside Haohmaru will be better, but even if not there will still be Haohmaru himself; SNK guests have recently been doing a great job of being unique from the rosters they guest star in.

Yeah I haven’t seen much in the CaS area that they make. I think they need to do a whole lot more.

I wonder when haohmaru comes out…

We could probably expect January or or Febuaury

1 Like

No chance of you @STORM179 commentating at Evo Japan next January?

Nah. I’m not going to be there.

Some issues I have with this game summed up perfectly by this YouTuber/streamer. I would like to play more online but there’s little to no variety in opponents. After haohmaru is released, I suspect that there will be only 2Bs and Haohmarus online in Japan, probably very similar to what might happen to SCVI online in the US.

The game really is gorgeous

1 Like

Wasn’t Hoahmaru announced in early August? I’m kinda amazed that it’s approaching late January and we still don’t even have a date on when he’ll arrive.

I know they’re doing a lot of stuff with season 2. We saw the trailer for it back in November. Do we know anything about the other two characters yet? I honestly can’t recall. I’m assuming / hoping we get some more info at EVO this upcoming weekend.

Same, maybe we’d get an announcement for Aeon too.

I am not impressed by BamCo when it comes to SCVI and its handling. I guess they lack resources because the pace of releasing content and addressing issues is very very slow. Has been since release.

Yeah it just feels as though Namco doesn’t do much to keep fans informed, and that’s a social media thing, which I’d argue doesn’t cost a whole lot. Maybe I’m just not seeking out the right sources. Who knows. But it feels like they don’t tweet a lot, and we go quite a while between any real information. We get a big trailer for season 2 in November, then two months of solid nothing. No pics of Hoahmaru in game, no item teases, no teases for the next DLC…

I dunno, maybe I just got spoiled by how well MS and Iron Galaxy treated us with KI. Sure, they went dark for a few months between seasons, but DURING seasons? The characters came out a month or two apart, and there was always lead up: Teases, silhouettes, Q&As, patch notes, whatever… It was rare to go more than a few weeks without getting something.

Even if Namco is doing SC VI on the cheap, it’s still NAMCO. I’d have to think they’re putting more money in to it than MS put in to KI, but even if that’s not the case, I still think they can do more on their side to engage their community and keep them in the loop. One little piece every few months feels a bit weak.

1 Like

To Max his point that they have made significant improvements. But they lost so much momentum due to their poor launch. Lost lots of Goodwill.

question is who are the remaining 2

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t think SoulCalibur 6 is getting the kind of support T7 did. Next gen is coming up and this game has so little steam left… I think they’re better off investing in SoulCalibur 7.

1 Like

They could just go with compatibility.

Some folks are looking forward to the character. But the new CAS parts is what I’m curious about.

3 Likes

They did a good job on Haohmaru.

1 Like