Soul Calibur 6

I do agree with you on the lizardmen not having much access to chest armor. Though the recent update gave them access to one piece, but it’s only one. I still wish they’d give the lizardmen more accessible armor though.

Also, Aeon is Lizardman from SC-1, SC-3, SC-4 and SC-5.

That’s not exactly how that works. It doesn’t just happen lol

They’ve actually stated before that after SCIV, Cassandra was stuck there for a bit. Henceforth, SCVI happened. They could still use those characters without having to resort to those means

1 Like

He was not called Aeon prior to SC5, back then he was just another Lizardman who eventually remembered his human self and ascended to become Aeon in SC5’s story. I feel I’m just repeating myself, at least in saying I already knew Aeon’s story, but whatever.

Fact is, if he doesn’t have the twin axes and wings, he ain’t Aeon in my eyes. He’s just Lizardman (think of it like Robin and Nightwing I guess).

Didn’t comic book universes base their entire multiverses on that though? Well either way, I was just saying the gloves are off in terms of denying characters from the roster, they can pretty much do anything they want (even say it’s non-canon if they don’t want to make a story for future characters).

I call him Aeon regardless to separate him from other lizardmen. Just like how the leader of the stalkers is called Riptor. To me, calling Aeon lizardman is like calling Riptor Stalker.

But Lizardman (which was indisputably his name) is the character that appeared in all those old SC’s. He fought like Sophitia, had no wings, and was all-around super different from his SC5 incarnation. It’s fine if you want to say he evolved at that point, but seems pretty weird to me to argue strongly that he was always this other, higher, form of lizard, when he was pretty unequivocally just Sophitia with scales and a tail, just like all the other lizardmen you ran into in the Souls modes :man_shrugging:t5:

Aeon was in all the games except for SC-II (At that time he went into hiding). They had a foot solder lizardman in his place. That’s why I call him Aeon which I think makes him more of a character than most lizardmen. But that’s just my way identifying him. Nothing wrong with that is it?

For the record I could care less about what people think on his use of a weapon style. I’d still main him over a large number of the roster any day of the week.

-shrug- It’s weird to me, but I’m just a random guy on the internet. You do you.

It’d make sense to me from a lore stand point. I identify the SC-1, 3, 4, 5, lizardman as Aeon when talking about his history to folks who are curious about his lore.

Heck the Yoshimitsu in SC-5 is not the same guy from SC-1-SC-4.

the series has even had three Nightmares over the course of the franchise.
Sigfried SC-1 to SC-2
Inferno SC-3 to SC-4
Grand Dumas SC-5

Yoshimitsu’s whole shtick is basically that he’s a different incarnation in every title he appears in. It’s part of the character’s charm🤷🏾‍♂️

Unlike Tekken’s Yoshimitsu, it’s supposed to be a different member of the Manji clan in every SC game, at least if I remember correctly. Whereas Tekken Yoshi just gets more and more cybernetics to make his character different.

And speaking of Lizardman, I would not mind if they just took the unused moveset and just heavily changed it like they did with Cassandra. Just give him a bunch of new moves and make him different from the other weapon and shield users. Maybe give him a stance where he uses two axes for some moves (like how Groh detaches his weapon to dual-wield for some specials).

Above all though I just want Axe and Shield back, I always preferred that in games over Sword and Shield.

1 Like

This vifeo tells it better.

If you really think about it, while most people put so much emphasis on the that he’s holding a shield he is still one of the few characters to actually wield an ax. Rock had an ax until SC-3
Astaroth has had one through out the entire series So Aeon is the 3rd or 4th character to wield an Ax considering how many characters wield a sword.

The problem is that he just uses it no better than a sword in the old games, the only thing truly separating him from the Alexandra sisters back then is his Voldo-style low stance. Also unlike Rock/Astaroth, Lizardman’s axe was one handed, which is a very different weapon in terms of weight and power.

Basically I’m saying they should emphasize that the weapon is an axe, instead of just a reskinned sword. Heavier feeling attacks and more impact when opponents are hit, those kind of things. Like how Cassandra is different now, because she focuses so much more on shield combat than Sophitia does in SC6. In retrospect they might not have to do that much work for the base moveset, since it’s technically already in the game (just unusable).

Personally I welcome the dual axes. though if they are making Aeon DLC they may as well make him with the ax and sheld. They will likely give him moves he never had in previous games either.

1 Like

Just pulling this out for emphasis. So often I people hear people talking about what can and can’t be done with rosters. As though they can’t reboot, reset, rewrite or just plain “it was a dream and you’re actually in the shower” their way to whatever they feel like. If they can ram Arnie in they could certainly put in Aeon, Lizardman and their brood of unhatched eggs if they felt like it.

2 Likes

I still think they should do like Wonder Woman’s moveset in the first Injustice game: Have a stance change system where you basically switch between two different movesets. Axe/Shield is the defensive stance with focus on fundamentals, and the Twin Axes is the offensive stance where you have access to the more outrageous but unsafe moves. Maybe Soul Charge gives you moves that combine both aspects of his gameplay like Eyedol.

1 Like

Well that certainty shows it’s not impossible, and that could happen with a soul charge is activated. Question is whether or bot they could pull it off. But who knows. Maybe Aeon can use both his ax and a shield.

So, learning 2b again, and went online again!

but then I realized I made a grave mistake…:sob:

1 Like

why? you went online on wifi? that would be a grave mistake, yes.

1 Like

If anyone is on XB1 and wants to play let me know! Been grinding SC6 hard

1 Like

Just gonna share my badly made collage of the KI ladies in Soul Calibur here, cause why not? Enjoy, hopefully! :grinning:

7 Likes