Soul Calibur 6

Janet Jackson

1 Like

Awesome!!!

Living on the edge, not afraid to die!!!

1 Like

getting a Jotaro vibe from this.

1 Like

So I bought this for $35 during the Black Friday sale at my local Wal-Mart, and Iā€™m gonna be honest Iā€™m not enjoying it like I did with SC4. Maybe I havenā€™t gotten to the good parts yet, but Libra of Souls has done a surprisingly good job of putting me to sleep so far. Am I just missing something with this mode? Or should I just focus only on main quests to make the game harder, since most of the fights I did had the AI just doing nothing?

Also Iā€™m surprised Iā€™m not enjoying the CaS mode, since I also enjoyed that in SC4 as well. I made a more accurate version of my Dark Souls 3 character (though thereā€™s clearly no substitute for Fallen Knight armor + Ragged Mask in this game), a whole hour of my life gone there I guess. Even this version of CaS has itā€™s limits, though I guess I canā€™t complain in a game where you can turn a skeleton into a helicopter.

Combat wise I donā€™t like how my main Mitsurugiā€™s vertical attack combo can transition into a Reversal Edge if you make the mistake of pressing the button 3 times, not only is the attack grossly unsafe but I feel RE is a little too gimmicky for itā€™s own good. Iā€™m probably wrong as usual in the case of RE but itā€™s forced me to change enough of my playstyle from SC4 to bug me.

Maybe I got my hopes up too high or something, maybe I expected single player content on the level of Tower of Lost Souls from SC4. Iā€™m really starting to miss having good internet nowā€¦

i think ill make a madonna for janet to beat up lol

Iā€™ve made a few punching bags too. Mostly in the form of soldier skeletons,

1 Like

I finally played a bit of this over Thanksgiving. Itā€™s ok. The story mode isā€¦ laughable. As is the English dubbing. Iā€™d almost have preferred if theyā€™d have gone the Tekken rout and had them speak their regional dialects. But period accurate. Too many of the ā€œchaptersā€ are just cutscenes with no gameplay. And with its length, difficulty, and RPG mechanics; I am probably never going to touch a Libra of Souls.

The gameplay is nice and very clean, and of the characters I managed to try I like Ivy, GrĆøh, Xianghua, and Azwel. Made Samurai Jack in CaS. But honestly the mode doesnā€™t appeal to me. I think Iā€™ll just stick to using pen and paper to create my OCs.

I have to wait till Christmas to finish it, but right now I can really only give it a 7/10. Passable, but needing improvement.

I have yet to touch Libra of Souls, I heard the character you create canā€™t be kept for future editing so why bother

I understand CAS may not be for everyone, but I absolutely love being able to create all the characters Iā€™ve wanted to see in any type of fighting game in at least an abbreviated form-

If I had to rate sc6 Iā€™d give it 8.5 of 10, lower points because of limited accessories & stages.
I rarely go anywhere but make casual match mode, make a room and set it to 45 secs a fight for extra gasp factor lol

I look at men having 3 versions of big voluminous long hair and the women only get basic long styles and I think wtf
Maybe we will get a new radical female hairstyle in season 2

No one has spoke of the extra versus modes, does anyone like the option to have no ring outs and the slide off stage mode (slop)

I also miss the weapon display mode to see the characters go hard with their familiar weapons

Supposedly characters you make in Libra of Souls appear in a certain fight of the story mode, I was surprised to find myself fighting my own character.

In the case of the story mode, the English VO isnā€™t as bad as the trailers made it sound but itā€™s the least of the problems it has. The way the story is presented isā€¦mediocre at best, and most fights are just 1 round fights against random NPCs. If it wasnā€™t for the fact that this game was made on a budget I would honestly be more upset (thought at least unlike SFV it has good artwork).

Also messed around with CaS a little more. Made a fairly decent version of FF7 Tifa but without a cropped tanktop and suspenders the perfectionist in me wasnā€™t happy, and unlike the WWE games you canā€™t stretch stickers all across a personā€™s body to make those things happen artificially. Later I made Johnny Cage from the PS2-era MK games (he used nun-chucks in those games so it made sense). The main challenge was giving him sunglasses since you only have regular glasses, but I got it to work by also putting the Smith Goggles in his head and coloring them all black. It worked, but since I hate Maxiā€™s moveset I ended up deleting it.

Honestly Iā€™m having more fun in Libra of Souls, since your character basically becomes Grohā€™s sidekick for a while, and Groh is one of my favorite modern SC characters so thatā€™s fun for me. Iā€™m slowly warming up to the game, but now I realize part of me only cared for this series at all because of Darth Vader in SC4. I really want to break that mentality though, it feels disingenuous of me nowadays.

2 Likes

Glade you where able to find some fun in the game.

Yeah, one step at a time for me since I was always a bigger fan of Tekken back in the day. But as I said it just feels disingenuous for me to feel that way now, especially with how games become more of a gamble do to their much higher prices (and it takes longer for price drops). I should care more for the game as a whole, not for 1 or 2 guests.

And speaking of guests, does anyone else feel Geralt feels underwhelming as a guest character? He just fits too well in my opinion, half the time he doesnā€™t feel like a guest at all. Considering guests are basically hype machines, it feels weird for me to not feel anything towards Geralt. On a side note I hope 2B comes soon, really donā€™t want a repeat of Tekken 7ā€™s DLC schedule (character releases 4+ months after reveal).

What I did was make my character in the actual CaS first and then recreate them for Libra of Souls.

I liked the story. Since this gameā€™s older than me, Iā€™ve only heard of their backgrounds in passing so it was nice for me to be able to see it all for once. And I thought the English was good. Siegfried sounds awesome. Maybe Iā€™m just use to it at this point.

Iā€™ll see your Siegfried and raise you and Ivy, Azwel, and Groh

Iā€™ll see your choices and raise you Taki, Yoshimitsu, and Darth Vader (but seriously, why didnā€™t EA use his SC4 actor for their Battlefront games?).

But yeah, the English voices are nowhere near as bad as the trailers made them sound, it just feels like a more bombastic version of SC4ā€™s voiceovers. Some like Xianghua and the CaS voices could be better though (still miss the Wesker voice from SC4ā€™s CaS mode).

I see your characters and raise ya Aeon, Nightmare, Astaroth.

By the way I love Astaroth in the English dub.

Ha. None of us actually know how to play poker. :wink:

Nope we donā€™t

Iā€™ll raise you Tira and 2B, which is basically all in since theyā€™re the only two characters that you actually have to pay for lol

Does the Poker Night series count? I mean even if it doesnā€™t, Poker Night 2 still has the best remix of Still Alive in existence. I like to think that counts for somethingā€¦

Heard the firs DLC will be in 2019. Usually iā€™m patient but Iā€™m waiting for them to release her so we can see what the armor packs will be.

1 Like