Soul Calibur 6

had another great weekend using mina. picked up a few combos and ■■■■ do they hurt. im seriously needing to use soul charge alot more, i rarely touch it and i been winning most of matches without it only using meter to use critical edge. i do love people who relentlessly use reversal edge, it gets really annoying so been employing break attacks alot as a result.

mina’s standing break AB has really great range for whiff punish into samus ■■■■■ attack, followed by the break dance kick into her 8AB or crit edge. love it, and makes for a highly damaging punish for these fools. when i get cornered or i fight a spamming sophi or taki, using reverse edge has been helpful to escape

1 Like

Check out @STORM179 twitch archive for some Mina matches if you want to see what works etc.
(Streaming now btw)

1 Like

im in my office this morning, so im actually there watching it lol. got a chance to just sit on my PC waiting for somethin to happen

1 Like

Lol, okay I see :slight_smile:

Lol. Hope it was helpful!

1 Like

yeah it was, it clarified a basic combo ive been missing. i was doing the wrong stab after the FLY! launcher. cuz i would do the basic forward input and then her ground poke wouldnt combo, it would be a seperate hit. ironically…people would still get hit by it though lol

1 Like

7GB patch on PC…2B or not 2B, that is the question.

I would assume it’s 2B. No freaking clue why the patch would need to be that big though o_O

I’m no expert but someone commented on Reddit the following:

“They had a QA patch in development for a few days. Unfortunately depending on how you pack up your Unreal Engine, you have to download huge amounts of data over again for even the smallest fixes.”

I guess it’s wait and see…

Yeah, I’d heard it was an Unreal engine thing. I hope that’s not indicative of every patch we’ll ever see though…not really keen on having the game take up insane amounts of HDD space :sweat_smile:

I was really surprised at how small the file is for the game to begin with. Is much, much smaller than Tekken 7 (like a quarter the size).

Fingers crossed that the patch also fixes the online issues.

I finally got SC6!!!

I haven’t had a chance to play it though. :disappointed_relieved:

I hope to be playing all of yall soon!

Going to be an Ivy main! :smiley:

1 Like

welcome to the stage of history!

ivy is looking wonderful this game, she has alot of fancy moves and combos. her zoning capability is still on point, and now she has a new command grab that is at range. i am labbing her up slowly on the side while i pursue glory and skill advancement with seong mina, i think i already went past my old skill wall i reached in SC5. the difference 4 years makes playing fighting games close to nonstop starting at the advent of KI S1 is very apparent

1 Like

Ivy has always been my favorite character, after SC2 though, they made her so convoluted and complicated that it was sort of a downer for me. She looks amazing in this game though. Everything looks so fluid.

I plan to use the character creator to create a Sadira clone with Ivy’s movesets. :smiley:

I’ll have to check tonight. Tried again last night (hadn’t had an available update, to my knowlegde) and I was still having all the loading and online issues.

Hope it will be fixed tonight! or at least, whenever the patch is ready.

Got the game on Steam and I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it so far. The create a soul mode is just as fun as always, though so far most of the story modes have been pretty forgettable. I’ve only ever played online with one of my friends but that seems to work well enough.

I’ve made a few characters I’m proud of, but don’t currently have many screenshots lol

Grinding with Geralt! I’m top 25 now with him on Xbox :smiling_imp:

(Last time I checked lol)

2 Likes

I’m very happy they allow geralt & Azwel soul for CAs,
I hope 2B is ready for CAS, can’t use the hair but looking forward to the dress/ boots

I even made a viable male sophitia cause I can’t stand her but he’s kinda awesome

If 2B is cool and fits my style, I’ll play her. But if she’s not my type, I’ll stick to Geralt :slight_smile:

RIP to all those people that spent hours making her in CAS

-goes to find picture taken last night that has me in 5th place for Seong Mina. Can’t find, so instead simply decide to declare it-

I’m in 5th with Mina :smirk:

3 Likes