Shadow Skins in 3.5

This is brilliant.
Should also note that he likes to jump a lot, and the shadow likes to break early. Do with that what you will, boys and girls.

I love the mask, I feel that if omen were to ever be defeated all that would be left would be the mask with his energy still inside giving him the chance to come back at a later time. It would be called the mask of the herald and could possibly be a shadow lord item for whenever you defeat all four omens.

5 Likes

I am glad that you like. It makes me happy that people do. I just donā€™t. It is not visually pleasing to me.

Iā€™m pleased to see new content, but Iā€™m disappointed they use the same smoke emitters as the Mimic Skins. Why do they look so wonky? The torso emitter looks fine, but there are these wierd clouds around each characterā€™s knees. Why not give them a full outline?

1 Like

Never mind. I miss read it the first time. I thought you were saying the new skins were just 500 sp each, and not that the 500 was for fighing a shadow. I did fight it and you were right. It really is a easy 500. I was fighting an easy Glacius for 250.

I am glad they are putting shadows in SL mode, but alot of the shadows are broken. By this I mean all they do is jump for no reason. The other thing is that they are next to impossible to counter break, even with a shadow move.

Dude, thems fightin words right there! lol

I dont use the default maskā€¦I only use the Golden Oni mask and the Devil mask.

I think its safe to say there are a TON of bad accessories on all charactersā€¦not just Omen

*side eyes Sadiraā€™s premium set * :unamused:

1 Like

Implying TJā€™s accessories are bad

2 Likes

Without considering retros:

Good
Thunder
Spinal
TJ
Kan-Ra
Riptor
Aganos
Tusk
Kim
Rash
Gargos

Ok
Jago (subtle, I would prefer more notorious ones)
Wulf
Glacius
Fulgore
Maya
Cinder
Hisako
Aria
Eyedol

Bad
Sadira
Orchid
Omen
Arbiter
Raam

Just my opinion, of course

1 Like

i gotta admit. While I donā€™t like the shadow skins completely, Hisakos actually looks really cool with the black kimono.

1 Like

Huh. I think Arbiter has some of the best costumes and accessories in the game actually. Itā€™s not his fault people just like to pick that awful purple retro set.

3 Likes

Cool

1 Like

Arbiter has loyal accesories to his character, but IMO none is better than the regular set.

Just my preference

1 Like

But Prince Arbiter is the best.

1 Like

Well, last night I unlocked my first Shadow Skin. And I have to say, itā€™s nice to see that Hisako has accessories that match the Shadow perfectly! :smiley:

4 Likes

Mostly that the shadow skins donā€™t look like just an overlay film as in the trim of her kimono remaining white instead of all purplish

1 Like

People once again coming to complain over and over about what they ARENT getting instead of appreciating what they are getting. As far as the quality of the shadow skins - they did one for all 26 characters in a short period of time. Yes, they are recolors and not new costumes or outfits. But so what? Itā€™s another customization option that you can buy or in lock in game. If you donā€™t like itā€¦ so what?

If you are still talking about ā€œmissingā€ stages that ā€œwe gave upā€ and looking at this bonus content and measuring it against stages you will never be happy about anything. I have to say, I love stages. But at this point I almost want them to not ever release another stage ever, just out of spite. Itā€™s more annoying than all the eyedol beggingā€¦

I ran through SL again last night. Itā€™s still not really my thing but I managed to get eyedol unlocked and beat Gargos (again) to unlock the Astral Plane. Except it worked this time. So thatā€™s good. I find it alternates between super frustrating and super easy and I hate losing to the AI. But the addition of shadows is definitely and improvement.

As far as the skins, just like the Mimic skins some are better than others. I think the horror skins are pretty cool. Gold also varies depending on the character. But I still really like that they are finally moving in this direction.

3 Likes

Are any of you legitimately happy with the new skins? I mean, thereā€™s just nothing special about them.

1 Like

I have 6 Skins now but I had to buy them the grind is way to high.

1 Like

Theyā€™re free, and itā€™s more options. I would only be happier if they were new color 9 quality skins. Otherwise, Iā€™m content with more content.

1 Like