Shadow Skins in 3.5

They look OK. From a purely cosmetic standpoint, I honestly prefer alternate colors without the effect.

I’m waiting to spend more money on this game if MS/IG would release some more alternate accessories and costumes. It seems like leaving money on the table. Hopefully these have been planned and that doesn’t mean we won’t still get some new costumes.

Yes!

The thing I DO really like about this is giving more incentive for people to train their shadow AIs. I was hoping they would add some new incentive, so props for that.

4 Likes

I really like your post.

See it’s constructive criticism without being hyperbolic or belittling. Thank you.

We can all agree to disagree, but at the end of the day acknowledging that the developers are working hard is oh so important and separates the positive criticism from the negative.

On topic. I really like these shadow skins. Here’s hoping we’ll eventually get Shago/Omen colour variants for everyone. And by that I mean wispy , bluish skins…

… Also skull masks…

SKULL MASKS FOR ALL!!!

wait… Spinal would have a double skull then… Super Spinal? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I am very happy they didn’t leave the Shadows mode in the dust and have given us a proper incentive to playing it.

Can’t wait till someone runs into my Glacius shadow on a Godlike run…heeheehee…

9 Likes

I just hope we get more shadow slots, I have a Glacius and Shago that I’m not about to delete but I want an Eyedol shadow too.

1 Like

Depends on if their servers can handle it, I suppose. Can you imagine how much data needs to be stored for these things?

But the infinite power of the cloud!

3 Likes

At least round it up to 3, that’s a nice number. >_<

Maybe it’s dependent on stage lighting for some of the characters. I mean, this Jago pic actually looks pretty good!

9 Likes

I think the bigger thing to take away from this is that they are saying these are “Shadow Skins” when these are just purple/green mimic skins. When I look at Shadow Jago I see a work of art, when I look at the purple mimic skins, I don’t see that at all. The Green Mimic/Purple skins don’t look good. As for MANY people requesting THIS, I have yet to see MANY request for purple Mimic skins.

Yes, it’s absolutely great that the players that actually use Shadows Mode will get to use their shadows in Shadow Lords and it is great that they are free! It’s not great however that they keep releasing content that we don’t want. Players have been wanting Shadow versions of everyone because of how sick Shadow Jago looks. Instead we get these.

If we got skins like this for every character I wouldn’t be the least bit of upset.

I am not disappointed by the free skins, I am disappointed by the ugly free skins and the lack of good content. So, don’t tell me this is a win-win for everyone, when this is a win-win for those who are settling for less.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t be a problem :slight_smile: I did it in Shadow lab with minimal effort. :slight_smile: Now I would assume you would be alot different.

[quote=“TUSKODINSON, post:71, topic:16205”][/quote]

Its not really feasible for them to have completely remodeled and retextured the entire cast but I can relate to that disappointment as Shago is my favorite character design in the game and his look was the driving factor in my push to see him get a full moveset. As far as I see this update, it is free content and a way to distinguish a mimic from a “shadow”.

I think you need to realize that these “shadow” skins aren’t supposed to be corrupted shadow Jago like entities, they’re ultratech created representations of the KI fighters and not the same thing as Shadow Jago. So its unfair to judge them as if they were meant to be Shadow Jago-esque skins for the entire case because they’re not.

They’re simply a fun, free and light hearted means of telling the difference between the versions of the doppelgangers. This content is more about Shadow lords mode and as I said distinguishing a shadow from a mimic, not a failed attempt to cater to the fans, these skins weren’t asked for because they’re a feature of Shadow Lords/Shadow Labs.

I’m painfully aware that the mimic skins and by association the shadow skins are not the most well made things in the game and i’m not going to pretend that they are but its wrong to judge them for not being something that they were never intended to be in the first place. Also there were a lot of us in the Shadow Lords forum asking for purple mimics even more the mode launched so, there’s that.

I’m sorry that they didn’t spend months making highly detailed remodels of the entire cast so they would look like Omen infused gods but it is what it is, I’m grateful that we are event getting Shadow Labs integration and some freebie skins and it has nothing to do with settling for less.

5 Likes

I like the idea but what about jago and omen? If everyone got the shago look treatment then what would they get?

dude I’m on 22 hours up straight and I’m tired.

if you honestly think this isn’t a copy paste job your exactly who these recolors were made for.

anyone with basic understanding of how to manipulate An RBB filter can easily replicate this man. it one of the cheapest cash grabs that try too pass as DLC. look at gears of war 4 content. is it content or recolors in customization? sorry Ima answer for you…it’s recolors!

Its not a DLC or a cash grab, its a feature added to distinguish between two types of AI opponents. It just so happens that they’re unlockable. If they were being sold exclusively for $3 on the market I’d be inclined to agree with that but yeah they are just recolors but since they’re free there’s no harm done.

See it how you want man, and don’t apologize for things that are not your fault.

I agree with you completely, that’s what I was expecting.

1 Like

I completely agree on the underwhelming nature of season 3. The characters were great, as in every season, but felt incomplete without the stages. So that underwhelmed, and it’s where it all started.

“It’s cool though, you can still pick your stage song!”

No. Still underwhelming, and unfortunately places IG on the defensive for the rest of the season. Now they have to show us what they spent their resources on instead.

Anything announced after, came with the idea that it was going to be big and amazing.

Shadow Lords! Best mode ever coming with TONS of unlockables! Even a new stage!

Stage gets leaked early, no dynamic anything. Underwhelming. Again, IG were not expecting the least work possible, were waiting for the reason we gave up stages. (And astral plane later revealed was thrown in last second).

Shadow Lords came out, almost none of the promised unlockables Came with it. Played through as aganos, no satisfying story, in fact only a handful of season 3 characters got to take advantage of this huge new mode. Underwhelming… Actually disappointing. This was THE big game changer that would add a ton of content and “make ki great again”. Instead its a neat, if a bit gimmicky, underrepresented let down. And the game time to earn a mimic skin is so high for a look that is so… Underwhelming (if not straight up ugly).

“Shadow Lords wasn’t meant for the hardcore, forum going crowd”

Sure, it was meant for the casual crowd, and i get that. That’s the target demographic that can be grown the most, and as a businessman i would cater to them too. However, colors costumes and accessories are a casual gamers bait, and so far, big whoop. They glow green sometimes purple… So?

Wheres the excitement? Wheres the passion? Wheres the hype? The jazzhands? The pinache?

Where’s the magic? Where’s the inspiration?

Where’s ig’s trademarks?

We see it when we saw new stages and characters from ig, but we haven’t really seen it anywhere else. It’s like everything else is an experiment that they are bludgeoning through in the dark.

Worst part? People are citing “time and resources” as the reason why we should be happy were getting anything. Problem is, no one expected anything this update. Most of us believed that was it. There was no hype up, no real noises from ig. Nothing, no one expected anything. Ig could have not said anything and blown us away with something they are truly proud of down the line, but felt compelled to sacrifice what could be been a truly great addition for some imaginary deadline no one knew about, for content no one expected.

Instead we get a “here, at least its something. Happy holidays”.

Wish we could be in those meetings. Wish we could see em. Who the wise guy is who’s philosophy is

“f*** everything else, shadow lords is where the money is at!”
“What about the stages?”
“Halo and whatever we can spare from shadow Lords!”
“Okay, what about the unlockable content?”
“WHAT AREN’T YOUR GETTING?? JUST GET SHADOW LORDS IN THEIR HANDS ASAP”
“but it takes time and resources to…”
“Release it without them! How far are we on skins??”
“We haven’t started, all our resources are assigned to balancing gaurdians”
“Well shadow lords is out Tuesday, so just upload whatever skins we have”
“We have the mimic skins from sl’s…”
“PERFECT. They can’t seek legal action if we deliver SOMETHING”
“What about the rest of the content we promised?”
“Omg seriously!? How doso they expect us to try to deliver anything AND add and balance gaurdians!?!?”
“We can slide the green shader to purple on the mimic skins…”
“Yass!! Does a line of cocaine That gives us time for MORE GAURDIANS! shadow lords is gonna get us SO F****** RICH! I’M TEN MILES TALL, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH GAURDIANS! THEY SHALL WRITE OF US IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!”

Jumps out of window into mustang gt convertible, burns rubber and drifts out of the parking lot

“… Who was that?”
“New Microsoft rep… He’s the guy who renamed internet explorer”
"… Whoa"

1 Like

To be completely honest with you up until the release of Eyedol I as pretty disappointed with season 3 as a whole, but he changed that for me in an instant.

1 Like

recently KI value to the quantity and not the quality … bad.

1 Like

Adding a new feature with skins meant to accompany that feature isn’t a lack of quality. In fact its a showing of the effort put into the feature, if they didn’t give us shadow skins people would complain that they couldn’t tell the difference between Shadow AIs and normal AIs. :\

2 Likes