Shadow orchid poll

That’s inevitable. I don’t wanna fight Joanna Dark but she might come whether I want to or not. I don’t like fighting Sadira either, but she’s there : P

the difference in the Sadira situation and the Joanna situation: We know what Sadira’s gameplay is like, so I’m already salty from the experience. I don’t know what Joanna’s gonna be like. She may just be a gun toting character who spits only pistols and spams em’ like mad, or her ammo may be balanced out and she can do other things (assuming she can do anything else other than shoot in her games)

You haven’t seen her yet, so why don’t we wait and see? Besides I’m sure there’s gonna be just as many people wanting to learn how to play her, as there are people who want to know how to beat her. (I bet even more will be complaining when she’s revealed though)

On that note, I also hope people with different expectations to leave their mind open to possibility. Cause she may turn out like you never expected.

I’m going to continue doubting that SO or JD will be coming because I like to believe that IG is smarter than that. Fans ask for the craziest things sometimes, but they don’t always get it, because someone has to have a level-head - and it might as well be on the devs’ shoulders…

I still maintain that if you want SO, then pick Orchid with the shadow skin, and be happy that you got something out of it. As for JO, I still think new Orchid outfits/accessories would work just fine to serve that purpose.

Personally @GalacticGeek , I’m indifferent to SO. And while you can make good points there cause seriously 3D rotating stages would never work. (I’ve explained that to DEATH and it falls on def ears)

But there are some cases where you can apply this argument to stuff many have wanted for years, like Ultimates which took forever to get across to them. but the stil rmeain in the air unti then. Besides if the devs ar ewilling to throw away something cause you don’t like it, what’s gonna stop them from throwing away a top voted result you like?

I’m not saying all players can’t have their wishes come true, but in regaurds to the poll, that’s the feedback they got, and personally as much as I don’t like some of the things on the poll, if Ultimates are gonna come in I don’t have qualms with other people having Joanna in the game since the people who voted in the top results are all gonna get a little something.

Not wanting to get off topic but I think some folks wnat SO because of the possibility she can be the Orchid they want. Some wanted a more “sexier” orchid, others wanna see an Orchid more akin’ to KI2, etc. These are all simple guesses made from what people have said on the forums. However I also feel that those people who want Shorchid will likely get divided heavily as a result when she is revealed.

I hope unlike orchid though the talk will be more about her gameplay than her looks, cause seriously back in season 1, 90% of the topics were about her looks. That kinda showed where Orchid as a character stood in value to the eyes of that particular group of fans. lol

1 Like

[quote=“Fnrslvr, post:35, topic:17184, full:true”]
Eh, I don’t think the devs would have much to feel bad about. [/quote]

Yeah I don’t mean to imply that there are hurt feelings or anything like that. I’m sure they’re confident in moving forward with this character knowing that a much larger poll was done that confirmed more fans want her, which still makes me wonder why this poll was even done, especially when saying “no” you don’t want her implies that the option is literally anything else you can think of, and I really don’t think that’s the choice we have.

You don’t know that this is the choice they’re working with though.

Always appreciate an open mind. :slight_smile: We don’t agree on everything, and we don’t have to, but I personally love the sentiment expressed here. Really appreciate it!

This is where I’m starting to arrive at on Shark TJ. I don’t like the idea at all. I’ve tried convincing myself and being open minded, yet every picture I see of a shark with human legs looks worse than the one before. But that’s just me. I know that some people on here love that idea and that’s fine. I don’t begrudge them for it.

However, with regards to Shark TJ, that’s just what my mind can conjure. I’m thinking of the base concept, or how I could envision the character, and honestly, that rarely jives with what IG creates. So I’m going to do my best to keep an open mind. As much as SO or JD sound better to me as base concepts than Sharkman, if they decide to do that instead and they have some great ideas for it, I’ll at least give it a go and hope for the best.

If it doesn’t turn out to be a character that I like, then so be it. I won’t pick them, and I’ll probably enjoy kicking the snot out of it with characters that I do like, even if part of me kinda wishes IG had ignored the fans a bit on this one. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that though! If the character actually happens, I hope it’s great.

Yeah, I’d kinda hope that when the community speaks up that much, that they’d listen and hopefully respond in kind, even if it’s for something that I’m not interested in. I personally think that ultimates are a waste of time and money that could be spent on less fleeting novelty, but honestly? I want them for the people that have been asking for years. So if that’s high on the list of requests, then I hope they listen.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m hoping they take this idea in some new and interesting directions. Like maybe instead of just a straight up Shadow character that looks like Shago only with an Orchid skin, maybe they create Roxy or perhaps they use inspiration from the Kara idea from the comics and recreate Orchid as a blonde, Ultratech assassin, or any number of ideas.

But even if they don’t, I do think it’d be cool to see what else they could do with an Orchid character that they personally built up from scratch. Well, not scratch obviously. Animations will be reused, perhaps some moves might be repurposed or lifted verbatim. But still. I see potential in the idea for a character that I’d enjoy using and whose story I’d like to get to see.

Amen. Couldn’t have said it better.

Off topic but I just thought up an idea for gunkata character style for either JD or a new character altogether. Gun swapping it would work similar to arbiters in that the guns all will have ammo but will have 3-4 guns that can be switched out on command. For example the character has twin pistols, a shotgun, and a sniper but can only have one out at a time and will have to switch them via a button input. In a sense it would be a combination of aria and arbiter. The pistols would be used for air space control,shotgun for rushdown, and the sniper for a long distance shot like fulgores H.laser eye beam.

1 Like

It’s a cool idea to have shorchid throw her tonfas like Maya- but if she does she has to go back to retrieve them and can only fire them in instinct as Maya can throw both together only in instinct or spin in shadow special

@BblackorchidD @G0tei13Izaragi Well this is just a poll to see what the people here on the forums thought of shadow orchid.

Didn’t they switch her blood to purple because people were saying that her blood was purple in the first game?

No this poll does not effect anything. I made it because so many people on the forums were saying that they don’t want shadow orchid and wanted to see why and how many people don’t want her.

This poll is to see if people would agree to have shadow orchid or not. And regardless of the votes, we might be getting shorchid anyway based on the survey, even though people have made good arguments about why she wouldn’t fit in lore-wise. In the end, the devs have already chosen their next characters and we’ll just have to wait and see.

Yeah but a different character could have taken her spot.

This

yes AND people referenced drugs in the argument that “it didn’t make sense for Riptor to have green blood”

1 Like

That and the green blood kinda made Wulf pretty uniqe in that way. The Purple blood could explain some things for Riptor, but the point is, the devs fixed it, which was nice.

1 Like

Unique or not the juxtaposition the blood and scars don’t mesh very well. It really just remind me of those censored horror games in the 90’s.

I’d take just about anything over another shadow.

I know bro , and iam so happy that manny peoples out of this forum has voted too, IMO they made the right choice (((( SHADOW ORCHID)))) :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

But aren’t there more than 200 members on this forum? There are less than 200 votes. Does anyone know how many registered forum members there are

I’m not so keen on the idea of having another Shadow like character. Why not just base the redesign on the animal she uses in her attacks?

It made sense why Jago got a shadow since the story but what reason does Orchid have? Mind you, I have not read those snippets they released early S3.

As long as she’s unique, similar to how Kilgore and Shago were done, then I’m open.

2 Likes

Orchid is a candidate because she is Jagos half sister meaning sharing his bloodline, possesses another feline spirit and is highly susceptible to fits of rage in her story opening her up to a vulnerable spot for a shadow lord to overtake her.

Pretty sure this has been planned a long time ago.