Shadow Lords TOO HARD!

Win 1 play 5 total is 1800 astral energy. I would recommend a fractured ward since the armor people struggle with for some reason. And play super cheeze, normal FG Fundamentals do not work in SL Multiplayer.

2 Likes

You could always fight him on day 1 with the finger.

ā– ā– ā–  a Gargos! I just kicked his ā– ā– ā–  again and he resurrected on all 3 matches! BS!!!
Fang of Gargos = 1 shadow command grab = 60% damage!

1 juggle combo and you are dead!

Beat him fair and square with Omen, he resurrects (As expected) and then he just goes into stupid mode.

Nearly beat him with shago, he does 2 command grabs in a row and Shago is dead.

Fulgore fights for his lifeā€¦ I use 2 HYPE BEAMS and get the ultra in, he resurrects again!

At that point I have nothing leftā€¦im dead.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  Shadow lords! After 2 straight weeks of making my way to Gargos with 4 debuffsā€¦both times he gets Fang of Gargos and both times he resurrects and goes ape ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Between SL difficulty and the game turning into juggle fest 2016ā€¦Im loosing interest in playing this game overall.

1 Like

You are kicking him out of the resurrection, right?

1 Like

Dont know what to sayā€¦Iā€™m probably nowhere near as good as you, and I managed my first try after the patchā€¦probably got lucky, but he is doable. Did you knock him out of his resurrect like sonic said? Did you use the -25% damage and dealing +25% damage buffs, alsoā€¦did you use the fractured ward, thatā€™s the guardian to use and makes is A LOT easierā€¦

If you ever try again, hereā€™s the best way to beat resurrect:

Beat him down until heā€™s nearly dead, and then throw the fight, making sure youā€™re making enough hits to keep any regeneration from being a problem.
Then when your next guy starts hit him fast & knock down the sliver of life he had left. Then watch for the resurrect, and knock him out of it with a standing heavy, and then you should have a near-full health bar with him on half of his red and no more resurrect attempts. If for some reason he still beats you, just do the same and get his health down as far as you can & expect the resurrect on the third try.

But basically nearly every time you fight him his first dight heā€™ll get 3 life bars, so if youā€™re struggling donā€™t try to beat him with your first guy, just hurt him a lot.

I hope you eventually beat him.

Thanksā€¦yeah I need to put Omen last I guess. To the others that recommended 25% damage and all that. I already had the 10% or 15% ones active and once he arrived you cant change or add anything new if you dont already have it in stock.

I think my biggest problem has been both times he had FANG OF GARGOS. Out of the few videos Ive seen ppl post on hereā€¦none of them Had Fang of Gargos as the only buff. Everyone had Heart or Flesh.

Fang of Gargos is no Fn joke!

On the beta I destroyed Gargosā€¦ but since the update Both attempts on challenging have been the same out come. Fang of Gargos 2 command grabs and you are dead. I beat him easily with OMENā€¦he ressurects and goes ape ā– ā– ā– ā– . Shago and Fulgore barely have a chance. I used Odious wolf heart and it doesnt matterā€¦once the fang gets you 2-3 times you are dead!

I will give the game props for making me Salty as ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ they surely accomplished that! lol

The last time he resurrected there were 2 minions on screen and I was swarmed by them.

@Draigh Yes I had Fractured Ward on my last guy, Fulgore. Which actually got me to Ultra him again and he resurrected a 2nd timeā€¦but I had nothing left after that.

Sounds about right.

I havenā€™t played Shadow Lords in like two weeks.

Yeah, most of the time prioritize buffs. Like Fang is one of the first that has to go, as well as that potential damage one. Usually heā€™s just left with the Heart of Gargos, and Iā€™m confident enough to fight him when he has just that on.

I probably got lucky (and I was probably semi over prepped/powered), but I destroyed Gargos on Challenging yesterday with a supreme victory.

I had:

• Odorous Wolf Heart
  • MK3 nanobots (+25 dmg and +25 def)
  • filled my Instinct
  • filled my shadow meter
  • Shadow Lord Item

I did this for each of my characters in this fightā€¦which I came to regret.

I skipped to Gargos to fight him with all buffs, and I used Omen as my lead off guy. Whether lucky or whatever, I hit Gargos with a Demonic despair and cashed out the damage twice, once in both of the first rounds. Then I was able to cheese him out after he resurrected for a supreme victory. I was kind of pissed at how easy it was, because right before this fight I had just lost against him with a similar set up.

All in all I lost 6 Odorous hearts, 2 ceremonial daggers, 3 rare Shadow Lord Items, not to mention the nanobots. Anyway, I got the win, got the stage, now Iā€™m going back to Normal for a while to get my items back up (I really want my daggers back).

Fang of Gargos mean business, but I have managed to beat Gargos even when He has that buff, but at least Iā€™m VERY patient when fighting him and of course, I carefully plan my moves so I can have high chances of beating Gargos with just 1 character (but if that fails, I let the second character finish the job by letting Gargos with low health to trigger his resurrection if his Instinct is more or equal than 50%). Shadow Lords mode took a lot of my time playing KI, but the major part is getting used to Shadow Lord Gargosā€™ AI to find your strategy. But (maybe Iā€™m too optimistic but I will say it anyway) I know you can do it.

1 Like

The shadow lords item comboā€™d with odorous wolf heart should be super easy. Shadow lord gives unimaginable buffs to you, with unblockable attacks you should do half a life bar with a 1 chance break

You cant prioritize buffs of Gargos. I beat all 4 that were given. When he lands he brings a buff with him that you cant debuff. My luck has been both times it was Fang

Yeah Iā€™ve done several run throughs now and still canā€™t beat Gargos. Last time I used Jago with epic fractured ward, +25/+25, wolf heart, Mira with killer snake, +25/+25, rat brain and Glacius with the same loadout Jago had. After he resurrected twice, I lost.

Look, I get how this mode has to be balanced and Iā€™m glad that it makes the guardians and consumables and other items that much more useful, but I honestly think that the difficulty on challenging needs some tweaking, because right now itā€™s frustratingly punishing and Iā€™m not just talking about Gargos.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I donā€™t mind losing (that much), but people need to keep in mind the fact that this mode is primarily single player (with a multiplayer component) and it also contains the story; two things that tend to be geared more toward casual players so a git gud response doesnā€™t really apply to a substantial portion of this audience, as youā€™ll have a lot of people with middling skill level for a variety of reasons.

Now thatā€™s not to say that the mode has to be tilted toward the worst players and anyone with both a decent to good skill level plus a preference for single player / lore / accessory content can take a hike. Thatā€™s NOT what Iā€™m saying.

But I do think that if youā€™re going to put something as desirable as a stage as the reward, which I think is a GREAT reward for this mode, that you should consider one of two things and I think you know what Iā€™m going to say.

Either make the stage unlockable on Normal or adjust the difficulty down on Challenging. Otherwise, youā€™ll have a lot of casual players going through this mode a few times (or less out of frustration), playing on a difficulty they likely canā€™t handle to get the big reward getting a very bad taste in their mouth.

Godlike should stay as it is, or they could make it harder if itā€™s requested for all I care, as Iā€™m not touching this difficulty even with its superior payouts. But effectively shutting people out of a good rewardā€¦ I just donā€™t know if thatā€™s going to motivate people to play more and earn better load outs if they still wonā€™t help or if itā€™s something that could turn them away. If itā€™s even a question, I mean, is it really worth the risk?

Iā€™m not looking for a free ride, or to have anything handed to me. I honestly love this mode and think itā€™s one of the best single player FG modes Iā€™ve ever seen and Iā€™m personally motivated to keep playing until I win. I love unlocking more and more content, making choices and the whole thing is just plain fun, but thatā€™s me. For others out there with even less skill than me (if thatā€™s even possible lol), I still canā€™t help but think that this type of mode with this particular reward could stand to be balanced a bit more at least made more attainable to those with a more casual skill level.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not going to say that it is easy, but I think that with right characters and loadouts anyone can beat Gargos on challenging. If you are just going after the stage, try and useā€¦

##Omen:

• Odorous Wolf Heart
  • +25 dam/def
  • Killer/Epic Ram
  • full instinct/shadow meter

##Fulgore:

• Odorous Wolf Heart
  • +25 dam/def
  • Killer/Epic Ram
  • Ceremonial Dagger

##(whoever your best character is)

• Odorous Wolf Heart
  • +25 dam/def
  • Killer/Epic Guardian

The strategy is with Omen is to ONLY try and hit the demonic despair and cash out the damage. More than likely youā€™ll be able to hit it at least once, and as long as you get just one, you should be good.

Next with Fulgore, ONLY focus on hitting the devastation beam. With this set up, a hype-beam does 50% easy of real damage, and by just spamming it, you will destroy him. That being said, Boss Gargos has many ways to get in, so none of this is 100% guaranteed/easy. You are still going to have to react to what he does, block his teleports, and choose your shots wisely.

Finally, if Gargos has survived all this, THEN you play the game. Choose whatever character, with whatever load out fits your play-style, and you should be able to pull out the win. With the Wulf Heart, activate it right at the start and just go in. Taking Gargos down one life bar into Ultra is doable for sure.

If you want to make this battle even easier, equip a shadow lord item to your characters, and you should be pretty OP going into this fight.

Iā€™ve fought Gargos on Challenging a few times, but only two times of note: one time with this load-out minus the shadow lord items and strategy, and then a second time with the shadow lord item and the strategy. The first time without the SL item, I lost in a nail biter with Fulgore as my lead, Sabrewulf next, and Omen as my anchor. Fulgore worked like a charm, but Wulf failed miserably, and I never went for a DD with Omen at all. It was a close and frustrating battle, but it was a learning experience for sure.

The second time I fought him I supremed him with Omen because I hit the DD twice and cashed it out both times. Trust me man, you can do this, just find the find strat that works for you, execute, and you can take him down.

1 Like

What does the Shadow Lord item do?

From what I can tell, it just massively buffs your damage, and maybe defense. People have been reporting that it can make one-chance-breaks do like 50%. There is not official word that I know of that outlines what it does.

I have a friend I talk to on skype often. He only owns Nintendo consoles and the only fighting games he plays are Smash and Pokken. He is decent at both games but only plays at a casual level.

About a month or two ago he managed to download KI on his Windows laptop. It doesnā€™t run well and he is unable to play online, so he only plays offline every once in a while with the current free characters.

He has recently began playing Shadow Lords. Keep in mind that he has no KI gold to pay for packs, and he can only be sure to have Jago each run. He has to rely on weekly rotation and recruit missions to fill up his other 2 team members.

And he has already beaten Gargos on Challenging 3 times within the span of a day.

Anybody can beat Gargos.

2 Likes

Yesterday I told a friend that this time Gargos beated me on Godlike but if I got VERY CLOSE to defeat him on that mode, anybody (with a careful plan on any difficulty) can do it, the first thing is to get used of how Boss Gargos plays and of course destroy the 4 Omens, the main thing is not getting discouraged of failing the fights, eventually you can outsmart the CPU (and learn a thing or two of your characters in the process) and win Shadow Lords. My keywords are: HAVE FUN AND BE PATIENT.

1 Like