Shadow Lords TOO HARD!

Yeah, it’s a monitor from Halo. If you don’t know much about Halo they’re the caretakers of the halo rings. They’re also the player avatars for Halo’s forge mode when you’re editing a multiplayer map.
In KI they give you armor, which is really helpful against overly agressive enemies.

Playing 20 turns all over again is worth it right ? Please

Yes it is. Playing the game is fun.

1 Like

Only takes about 6 to fully debuff Gargos and fight him shrug

It’ll take more tries that way though because you’ll get very little money.

I wish they stuck to arcade mode or made it an option for casuals like me and SL to the passionate ones who enjoy grinding in video games.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s probably too grindy for me. I have to beat normal 3-4 times to get an epic pack or whatever and on Challenging I burn more resources than I make just to survive. I’m sure I could get better at fighting the AI. I’m just not sure I want to bother.

That doesn’t mean the mode isn’t good, it just means it’s not something I’m likely to spend much more time with. I pretty much knew before it came out that this would be the case but I gave it a shot anyway. I’m glad that some people love it and I hope MS and IG get the kind of player numbers and revenue stream that they need to keep it going.

1 Like

Now that I’m settled finally got to play. Whew! Gargos makes you work. Going to try again on Challenging. Overall I’m having fun going to continue to play then try rank to get to killer.

Only if you deploy a lot. I play all 3 fights every turn, so already having 4k when I started, I reached 17k by about turn 20 or 21. Tank chests and Skeleton chests give huge bonuses when they show up, highest I got was ~950 after one match.

I never deploy, but when the enemy takes 40-75% of your health each round you can’t really save up resources. I need a good guardian to lower that damage but then I’m spending more astral energy than I’m earning.

You’re right, the occasional additional drop make is more worthwhile but it’s still very slow. In my hands I’m not gaining anything approaching 10k gems a playthrough.

Are you crafting the blue nanobots? They eat astral energy like no tomorrow. IF you cannot expend resources on heals try to not use the char for one turn and they will heal 50% of the hp. Remember that some some consumables will make you invincible for 15sec, you can also spend them to soak damage form chars like tusk and thunder that will rip your hp like hot knife in butter.

I don’t like how the healing artifacts/consumables cost astral energy to craft now.

3 Likes

Yea you need to find the right combination just try to get the 1500 packs and use them sparingly. With any luck you get some Vampire Bats or Snakes to make some fights easier. I spent most of my KI gold on the Forerunner and Best Deal packs so I got a little lucky there.

Go for the purple packs, they are a lot better.

Oh yea, no doubt. But if you haven’t gotten a few Guardians (like 3-4 maybe) to choose from, go for some small packs at the start.

If you’re doing your 5 multiplayer matches you shouldn’t be using too much astral energy, but all I’ve been doing is mimi’s. Let the gems come from grinding for that. Also the 1,500 rare packs have been nice to me. Got 2 killer relics from those.

1 Like

Yeah that wasn’t a good choice, but unless you’re marathon playing you shouldn’t need any healing items or artifacts except using reward ones but, beat challenging once get the stage then stick to stress free normal. That’s what I started doing.

1 Like

I’ve noticed from my playthroughs on normal if you use higher level guardians you have to buy low-level guardian packs to maintain them. Also, IMHO, the best way to avoid burning through extra resources is to not only deploy every chance you get, but before you do strip them down to the bare minimum to achieve the desired percentage. On normal most fights can have a 100% success rate with no guardian and a low-level item like the fingernail, even if you just deploy 1 fighter on a 3-fighter mission. The drops may be lower for deploying, but you go through more of them faster than fighting each battle manually.

2 Likes

If you’re marathon playing SL sure, you’ll burn a lot of astral energy, if you just farm omens and gargos and make a few pulls here and there, you can stockpile with your dailies. I have about 20k saved up now. Use the 1500 packs and transmute any guardians you don’t need. Beating 4 omens on normal should be enough for that pack.

I haven’t been doing the multiplayer matches at all. Maybe I should start.

2 Likes