Shadow Lords TOO HARD!

If I can beat him in challenging I suck a lot at the game so can you. I wonder if for some people it’s all just a mental issue. The mind sometimes can work against us and make us mess up things that aren’t that difficult. Anyways, you should try again. You should be better equipped and more experienced now :slight_smile:

1 Like

…sounds like my first time fighting him on day 1. Sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind me saying this, what you may want to do, which would get you a bit of practice with boss Gargos, is go to normal and just fight only omens & gargos. After a while you’ll figure out his new tells (which are all really slow to be honest), and on top of that you can unlock some guest skins while you’re at it.

2 Likes

You’re an omen main right, use a fractured ward or ram and any anti-combo breaking item, whenever you combo him use the around the world combo to cancel his minions out and launcher into flip out into either s.mp, c.mp. And continue doing this. When he tries to revive himself use f.hp to reduce his health to a third of what he’ll get.

Use omen as your last character and have your others try and get him to at least a quarter of of his health but not all the way down or he’ll regenerate again. After you’ve sacrificed those characters it should be no problem from there, I recommend using gargos and jago as secondaries since jago can dp punish almost everything and gargos with a fractured ward can portal punch him without fear of his portal punches. Hope this helps.

Edit: as for the omens just crouch block and punish his slide and jump dash mp (as omen) into c.lp or l. Furious flurry and then do the same combo as stated above.

2 Likes

Yeah the ressurection got me to the first time, then his Sabre dash. Wtf what :joy_cat: I haven’t played since they put the hot fix out ( was moving) but I think you can still skip turns until you reach Gargos.

2 Likes

3:48->onwards will be extremely helpful to you.

1 Like

Have you tried it on normal? At least that way you could unlock your Omen skin. Just do it the quick way. Fight just the 4 Omens, then Gargos. By the time you unlock Omen’s mimmic, you should have some crafting items to make items for your challenge run. Or some gems to buy a few loot packs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys…yeah Ive beat it on normal…and on the beta. I used Omen, Shago, and Fulgore. Ram, Ram, Fractured ward. Odeous wolf, Odeous Wolf and MK2 something.

It was the Gargos Fang that got me. 3 hits take out a whole life bar… no combo needed for him.

Im salty becasue it takes so long to get there ( to fully debuff him) and I dont have a lot of time to play SL. Id rather spend my time play online matches.

I get about 2 hours a day to play KI and thats pushing it. Those 2 hourrs interrupted by 2 kids and a wife and life.

Not an excuse but definitely salty icing on the cake.

Why did Gargos resurrect? To fully debuff him and he still destroy my 1st 2 main characters with minions on the screen and full instinct at all times. That was not very debuffed IMO.

Ill get back to him one day…but right now isnt a good idea.

1 Like

That gargos only has Lungs though… thats not a huge deal breaker like Fang flesh or heart. Not taking away from your video, just saying Fang of gargos is a killer!
I watched and learned something from the Omen part though…thank you!

I just pray next time I dont get stuck with Fang of Gargos! F that damn buff!

Honestly the only buff that compromises this strategy is the Eye of Gargos (parries).

Flesh of Gargos just makes it take a little longer.

All the others only matter if you let him out of the loop.

1 Like

Ahh…I see… the flip out loop. Thing is I didnt know how to tack on tat new combo after the flip out. Ive always grabbed after the flip out. So yeah…something I need to go practice right now.

I’ll try to get a vid on it later however I had to restart my latest play through a day before gargos arrived because it wouldn’t stop crashing on me.

Here is some gameplay against omen on challenging with omen, one with no guardian the other with a fractured ward.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiPGJe73eCtOjV-SEA5GyR9kkrIF

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiPGJe73eCtOjWA12IlLEUrlG9W-

1 Like

I have no problems against Omens…they are quite easy. But Gargos is a MF’r for sure! lol
Im glad i made this post becasue I learned some sick new set ups from @SonicDolphin117’s video!

I used it as an example to use against gargos (didn’t have any footage of me fighting him) because it’s essentially the same thing except you have to be a lot more careful.

1 Like

Ahhh Ok…thanks. Im going to give a go again this week. But definitely not today…its too soon. If I lost again Id probably rage out and break my Fstick lol

The mode is unnecessasy hard. Single player modes have a continue after u get beat by the boss. To play several turns, debuff omens ,then loss against gargos just to start all over turn 1. Where is the fun there ? SL is not fun at all as it is now

The more u lose the better chance you get next time. It’s not a total waste of time like some people are feeling.

1 Like

What is this promotional orb pack? I have the snake, ram, and vampire bat. Never seen an orb guardian

The fractued ward looks like guilty spark from halo, an orb of sorts.

1 Like

It’ s the fracture ward guardian