Shadow Lords Mode

Another hilarious dialogue:

Tusk: Immortal Warrior:

Shago: “I will cut off your head and use it for my footstool!”

Tusk: “What kind of feeble man uses a footstool?”

Shago: “Shut your mouth!”

:joy:

11 Likes

I bet you guys the codes are going to be distributed between now and next Thursday.

Has an actual release date for the mode been announced yet? I’ve been lurking on this thread for a while now and never heard anything about the exact date that SL would be released. I know it’s less than a month from now ('cause a notification showed up on my News Feed on Xbox) and I’m really looking forward to the mode but want to know when I should log onto my Xbox to play it.

September 20th

Ah, alrighty. Thanks for the heads up.

I know I couldn’t help seeing all these spoiler dialogues, but some of them are too freaking hilarious, especially that Orchid-related mission!

1 Like

would it be wrong to kick my child off the TV because I want to play some SL’s???

2 Likes

Depends…do you have more than one tv?
At my house, I wouldn’t hesitate. We have 2 tvs, 2 Xbox ones, a Wii U, pretty much everyone has a 3DS/2DS, 2 computers…so if one of my kids wants to watch Netflix (we don’t have cable), there are plenty of ways to do it besides hogging the tv.

…on a side note, it’s amazing how much junk you can end up with over the course of several years…

2 Likes

I don’t have access to SL, but I did want to say one thing that seems incredibly frustrating, even just watching CStyles play it for a bit:

When you get those prompts that ask you whether you want to spend n currency to do something with an NPC, they don’t tell you how much of that currency you have available, so you don’t know if spending 10 ultratech nanofibers is your entire supply or like 1/10th of it.

10 Likes

Yeah. Just a (You have x %n) next to the option would be good.

x = number of things
%n = thing’s name

I will say though, after a couple playthroughs, you’re (generally) not too worried about the amount of items you’re trading. And in most cases, the amount of things you’ll get, will be worth more than what you’ve given.

2 Likes

I[quote=“Infilament, post:1247, topic:6945, full:true”]
I don’t have access to SL, but I did want to say one thing that seems incredibly frustrating, even just watching CStyles play it for a bit:

When you get those prompts that ask you whether you want to spend n currency to do something with an NPC, they don’t tell you how much of that currency you have available, so you don’t know if spending 10 ultratech nanofibers is your entire supply or like 1/10th of it.
[/quote]

Good feedback. I’ll make sure @BlitzedKraig sees it too!

7 Likes

Yep. can totally see how this will help. Good feedback.

6 Likes

I dont have acces to SL, but I already saw some menus untranslated into Spanish in the spanish version of the game. When/if I get SL before launch, I will search for more

Yeah that’s a good point, nobody wants to spent 50 of an item when you don’t know if that’s all you have but if you knew you actually had 300 you’d be more inclined to spend them.

Everything will be fully localized by launch. A few things squeaked by unlocalized in the preview unfortunately

5 Likes

No problem, sure you have an eye on it!

My feedback also extends to when you are given rewards for a quest, by the way.

I saw a screen that was like “lose 5 ultratech nanofibers” on one line and then “gain 1 ultratech mark II boots” or something. It should show you on this screen your current supply for both of these items. I would recommend actually changing this screen a bit and removing the number from the sentence, and instead show it like an RPG stat (a screen that all gamers are familiar with and is very easy to read). So, you should say, like, “lost ultratech nanofibers” with no number, then have your previous supply number followed by an animated red down arrow and then your new supply number. For the gains, do the same but say “gained ultratech nanofibers” and have a green animated up arrow instead. If you want to keep the number in the sentence to avoid forcing people to do math in their heads, that’s okay, but you can do that and then still have this this (old stat) (colored arrow to indicate gain or loss) (new stat) system as well. It is really clear.

This also encourages more exploration of your many different currencies, which seem like they can quickly overwhelm someone. There’s only so many times you’ll ask yourself “what the heck is a strengthened carbon-plated armor Mk. 5?” before you kind of just zone out at those screens. If you find out “oh, hey, this is the first time I’ve gotten one of those!” by seeing “0 (green arrow) 1”, then the chances that you will go check out what those do for you is much higher.

After thinking about it, I would probably just apply this same advice to the pre-quest screens as well, or basically, any time you spend or earn anything on any of the results screens. Show the player their current supply plus what accepting this quest is going to do to their supply using the same arrow system, just like you would show an RPG player a preview of what will happen to their STR stat before they buy the new shiny weapon in the shop. This solves both problems with a nice, clear, consistent language that shows the data in a way that the player wants to see.

6 Likes

I can confirm that I’ve already begun zoning out on all rewards screens :thumbsup:

If I check the emporium and I have enough stuff to craft something cool, I do. If I don’t, then I don’t. But there are so many items that it really quickly got out of hand in terms of keeping a mental inventory of things. If nothing else, a running tab of how many of X item I’ve collected would let me know whether what I’ve just picked up is rarish or not.

4 Likes

Isn’t there a way to get access to shadow lords ?

There’s an early access sign up thread. There was a glitch that involved profile switching or something, but it got patched out a while ago.