Shadow Lords Mode

Nah. I don’t want to ruin anything in the SL mode if you didn’t watch the E3 video, but Omen is all over that mode…multiples of him/other shadow apparitions…so Omen is/will be stronger than ever.

Nah. Glacius is gonna school him pretty hard…

Really? I didn’t expect this month. Hell yeah

Sadira’s S1 endings took place in her Assassin’s cave/stronghold. Kan-ra has nothing to do with her story as far as I can tell.

What about the glacius ending where sadira uses a device to open a portal?

June 31st? o.O

http://thisiswhyyourecute.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/facepalm-bear-560x560.jpg

2 Likes

That’s not the omen present in story. That’s gargos’ “copies” of him. As for puddle face…no cinder should be melting his face off. I hope so…I really do. Call it karma…

Of course, same day the SFV update is coming out. June 31st.

That ending doesn’t seem to be canon anymore. In that ending it was said that Sadira “sent a signal” to Glacius’ “lost fold core,” but in the Season 1 backstories it was revealed that Sadira didn’t open the portal, but that ARIA did.

“Finally confronting Sadira, Glacius defeats the one whom he suspects holds the answers, only to realize she too was playing a part in a greater manipulation. He watches as she uses samples of his genetic code taken during the battle to bypass the safeties on the fold core and open a wormhole to… elsewhere.”

After witnessing the portal open, Glacius quickly realized that someone else was pulling Sadira’s strings. It was revealed in Sadira’s back story that after she stole Glacius’ DNA, she apparently sent Glacius’ DNA sequence via some signal using the syringe to ARIA, and she opened the portal.

“One of [Sadira’s] assignments was to fight Glacius in the Killer Instinct tournament and surreptitiously steal some of his DNA using a hidden syringe implanted in her boot. After that ARIA was able to use this genetic code sample to bypass the security protocols on Glacius’s fold core and open a portal to another dimension.”

ARIA’s backstory though seemed to suggest something happened entirely though…

“We have lured the pilot of the crashed ship to Ultratech and captured it. The cryokinetic alien being [UT-GG42: codename Glacius] is powerful and dangerous. I must be very cautious in my efforts to manipulate it. I must know its connection to the crash of 1947 and my own origins.”

Instead of Sadira stealing Glacius’ DNA, it would seem ARIA captured Glacius and stole it herself. This is further explained in the latest KI Novella chapter…

“ARIA did not have the capacity to sigh. But she realized that that would be the appropriate human response. She had been trying to perfect one of these new corporeal frames (or C-frames) for the past four years utilizing human DNA, and genetic material that she had extracted from an alien who had crashed on Earth—the cryokinetic being known as Glacius who wielded ice as a weapon. She had stolen the engine core from his damaged ship, and lured him to the Pinnacle where she had extracted some of his genetic code. But he had escaped from her control and fled; and she had not been able to track him down.”

So yeah, it would seem the story is still in flux regarding ARIA acquiring Glacius’ DNA, but it looks like Sadira may not have done it after all.

1 Like

Karma? What did Glacuis do? Karma would apply to Cinder since he is the one in the wrong here.

But anyway, I think Glacius is stronger than Cinder overall. I think he is smarter and has more control over his powers than Cinder does. Cinder uses UT tech to help him control his abilities. Glacius JUST uses his mind with no crutches.

Until we get word for word confirmation that omen died against ARIA then he’s still alive as far as I’m concerned. Also I don’t think the herald of gargos could die so easily.

Glacius killed him in KI. Gotta get that runback.

Implying tech is a crutch?

Gotcha.

Of course. Gotta get that jab in there… :smiling_imp:

Actually wouldn’t that imply that glacius couldn’t best cinder without cinder handicapping himself? Therefore cinder is the victor?

That and I’m sure ben has more combat experience then glacius does.

I agree. If ARIA and Omen did officially fight, I hope he won. It would give ARIA more motivation to get that “C-frame” done.

Also, I don’t like the idea that there are many Omens. I thought Omen was a special case where shadow energy congealed into something extraordinary, but if there are many more of him it would seem that he just wouldn’t be special anymore.

I mean I guess with Gargos’ corruption of Earth that others could be created…but couldn’t they at least call them something else? Shadow Minions? Demons? Heralds? I just feel that calling them all “Omen” would just be lame.

If omen couldn’t even beat the mighty midget…what makes you think you could beat ARIA? (I’m still salty about that loss despite not liking shago.)

If it were up to me, kim would have gotten thrashed 7 ways from sunday by omen gotten completely mauled to near death. Have someone better do the deed.

It seems you’ve been trolled hard, pardner.

You know, in reality it comes out in June 32nd.

5 Likes

Nah. You’ve got to remember that Glacius’ ice isn’t his original shell. He had only recently adapted that element and thus is still learning to control it. I guess maybe a similar argument can be used for Cinder, but again, he has his UT tech to help him acclimate. While Cinder is probably fighting at his max with the UT tech, Glacius is the one still adapting and growing in power…which was implied in his backstory.

“During his trainings, Glacius studied the dangers of folding space and the powers it could unleash in the wrong hands. Misuse of this power could open doorways to places best left sealed and cross not only simple distance, but dimensions, some of which contain things that have been “removed” for the greater good due to their corruptive natures. Fearing the corruption that comes from contact with these beings, Glacius focuses on improving his Hail technique to keep these new horrors at bay.”

You think so? Ben has like 10 years of combat experience. He’s what…30 years old? Glacius I would assume is MUCH older than Cinder.

Omen didn’t fight Kim, Shago did…the Shago that was created AFTER Omen and Jago split.

I imagine that the current Shago (the one that exists apart from Jago and Omen) is MUCH weaker than the OG Shago.

1 Like

Glacius isn’t a warrior, his people aren’t violent…so it says anyway. Ben’s by doing mercanrcy work for I think it was close to two decades.

He seems to only have trained his new hail technique. He studied folding space…that was it. He never practiced it…not that he could without tech.

In that (kim or season 3 trailer I can’t remember which) It was said that it was actually omen who fought kim in shago.

Yup, just rewatched the kim trailer. It was omen speaking to kim through jago.

I expected SL at the end of July or later, so anytime before that is good news to me. Even if it is June 34nd.

1 Like