Shadow Jago's Trailer & Release Date

No way… I guessed the release date right :grin:

3 Likes

The black background will be or what will change to how it was before?

1 Like

And of course there had to be one person not happy with it and I guess that’s got to be me my concern is that season two has more tools then the season one cast now we have fireballs that can be thrown while in the air Maya has her daggers that deal a lot of damage and I see all this happening and it makes me wonder why the hell fulgore got his devastation beam reduced in damage and his quarter Circle back heavy punch eye laser nerffed to mid screen not to mention his instinct was nerffed to the point it’s kind of useless he also gets no gain of shadow meter during blocking and I remember hearing someone say it’s because he can teleport well now so can shadow Jago by the looks of things there is a real hate from iron galaxy towards this character so if someone from the devs are listening something needs to be done with fulgore please

That’s because the original was in the sky of Shadow Tiger’s Lair. Since (I’m assuming) Shago’s ultimate will be available on every stage, this change was needed.

This is me exactly, lol! I just sort of sat back with a goofy smile on my face.

Friday…

1 Like

…You know he won EVO, right?

3 days to go. Stream tomorrow! GET HYPED!!!

3 Likes

Looks like they did that to get around the “Shago’s ultimate only works on Shago’s Stage” bit. Fine with me, lol.

I really hope that we get Ultimates for everyone…

Where’d you get that from?

Just want to thank @rukizzel for this special announce on my Bday which is today and must say thank you for making my wish come true! Can’t wait to play SJ soon!

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:

[quote=“rukizzel, post:32, topic:2963”]
Show you tomorrow (or maybe Thursday). We’re setting up a stream for this as we speak.
[/quote]And at the end of the trailer you can see the release date.

Just to clarify, does everyone who guessed the correct date get a code or is it limited to the first person? I guessed the 4th, but I’m not sure if I have to wait to purchase him.

Oh oops missed that thanks

If the ultimate works everywhere now thanks to the black background…

That’s awesome. Plus the extra slashes and final blow = :smiley:

Complain: the switching of the legs in the dive kick look dumb :’(

I think alternating legs make more sense than one leg hitting 5 times.

it is a diving bicycle kick then?! :dizzy_face:

Hell yeah! Saw that and got hype.

I was thinking the exact same thing!!!

1 Like

I might have to dust off my stick and give him a shot. So excited!

I think Shago can do more of a phase-through type of thing, like Akuma. If you want to call that a teleport, I guess… Maybe? I’d say it’s more akin to Sabrewulf’s dash-through, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see for sure, as I could be wrong on that.

Anyways, while I definitely want to see the season one characters get more tools, even if it means a damage nerf to keep them balanced (especially the original five or six characters), I don’t think Fulgore’s the best example to use when making the argument that season two characters are more dangerous than season one (which seems to be what you’re implying).

Fuglore took EVO this year, and after that, most players were talking about him being a top tier character, and that’s after losing distance on his HP eye laser and some power off of his hype beam.

The threat of the hype beam is still there, and people still have to respect it to a degree, so in that specific sense, it still accomplishes it’s goal. His HP eye laser had to lose some distance. That was way too much air control for a character that has a DP that moves forward. From what I’ve read, Shago’s DP goes straight up and isn’t very good as an anti-air. Again though, we’ll have to see.

I’ll be curious to see what happens with him in S3 and what kind of a hint we might get next week. Really hope he gets some cool new tech to play with.

In the meantime, I think Shago looks awesome and incredibly fun to play. Let’s see how he actually plays in practice, not just on the stream, but actually in hands-on time before we determine that he has so much more than Fulgore.

1 Like