Season comparison Vote

Why later, shouldnt mysteries be solved :wink:

(Iā€™m going to stop now, lol)

1 Like

Mysteries need to be solved. I never gave a timeframe. Could be now, could be 1000 years from now.

2 Likes

Jesus I could be either in 1000 years!!!

2 Likes

Kim Wu

ā€“

In all seriousness though overall I felt season 2 was better however there were many great things about each individual season including S3. The end of season2 gameplay wise felt the best for me personally, Season 2 had the best character designs including Sako, she to this day I still feel is the coolest designed fighting game character ever. Season 1 had the best ranking system, it was punishing but felt great when you ranked up because you actually earned it. Outside of the relighting and 4 new stage S3 just felt lacking to me. Would have loved to see more costumes, voice overs, dojo revamp, online training etc but hopefully that stuff with come with whatever they have planned next.

1 Like

Didnā€™t the @developers say multiple times that they were going to tweak that? Hope we can get a follow up on that.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t until I saw a question asking me which season had the best stages/ultras that I realized I really couldnā€™t give a ratā€™s miniscule behind about them. Iā€™m not saying I donā€™t like stages or ultras, because they are gorgeous and well done. But they have no real impact on game play. I tried to come to a decision but I honestly couldnā€™t say season 1 is better because it had nine stages compared to season 3ā€™s four or that season 2ā€™s ultras were better because it included an ultimate. I literally do not have any strong feelings about it.

After 1000 years youā€™re free, time to conquer earth!

1 Like

Man, now weā€™re going to have to summon teenagers with attitudesā€¦and nobody wants thatā€¦

1 Like

QUEEN SINDEL IS READY lol

I feel like these are some thick rosy lenses here. I think that the visual idea behind the old shadows was maybe more interesting but likeā€¦really, go back and watch some videos of that. Itā€™s kind of a visual mess. Especially on streams, with the old shadow effect the visual readability of the screen dropped severely any time someone spent bar.

It always baffles me how much people obsess over this when it doesnā€™t matter at all.

1 Like

Simple, we are humans, we are also very narrow minded, stupid, arrogant, ignorant and whatā€™s the other wordā€¦again? Then tack on the modern age and blah blah blah yada yada yada so on and so fourth.

Maybe people should try more to avoid being those thingsā€¦but now weā€™re getting off topic.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦thatā€™s not actually a possibility since itā€™s written into our DNAā€¦that and media does things to us. Thatā€™s why we just gotta make due with what we haveā€¦till we can go robo.

You should stop.

Whateverā€¦

Nah, I can see why youā€™d think that, but itā€™s really not a nostalgia thing. I just think that the original version did a better job at mimicking the original shapes of the move in repetition and the black was more neutral, less distracting, plus I liked the tone it conveyed, while I liked the slight twinges of original character in there as well. Overall, they were darker and moreā€¦ Wellā€¦ Shadowy, I guess, and I prefer that to the new style.

Iā€™m not adverse to change so long as I see its utility and I think itā€™s an improvement. I see the utility for the new color, I just donā€™t think itā€™s an improvement from a style or effects standpoint.

i do agree with this! But i can see where @DEClimax is coming from!

The old shadows were a BIT TOO EPIC lol.

Ive got used to the new shadows now!

They should give us more creativity options like costumizable shadows, like I could have a black shadow, and my opponent could have pink one so instead of the purple around my shadow move it be black around them.

2 Likes

I would be super down for customisable shadow colors. Bright pink would be fun :smile:

3 Likes

So @DEClimax what did you vote :blush: