Season 4 or a new KI?

Yeah and IG made a new system with Aria’s instinct that blackens the screen so Ultimates can still work. To me, that sounds like can.

1 Like

It was an issue with how the stages were designed, not an issue with the engine itself. The reason was something along the lines of the camera work being tied to the stage instead of the characters. That meant that if they wanted to give everyone an ultimate they’d have to program each ultimate into each stage for each character. It was very inefficient and just sounds like a nightmare to work with. When IG made Aria’s instinct they fixed the problem or found a work around and so they gave Shago his ultimate and added other stuff like the level 4 enders and Eyedol’s instinct activation. If they wanted to give everyone ultimates now it’s totally doable.

Season 4, because KI4 may not happen till the next Xbox. Not to mention I think this game is still incomplete. We need ultimates for every character and IGN can find solutions to make it work despite KI being T-rated.

Which is why it shouldn’t stop them to go and actually make Ultimates a thing. I think they did everything they possibly good on the top priority; characters, stages, story, skins. It’s time for Ultimates!

1 Like

My biggest fear is a KI without Iron Galaxy involved. With recent announcements and crazy things you hear through the grape vine, it looks like Iron Galaxy will be ditching KI to work on another project, which could be Marvel vs Capcom in some way.

Again this is all speculation but looking at the fact Adam Boyes is leading IG, they already have strong ties to Sony. I dont mean this as a fear-monger tactic, but it could mean IG drops KI and Microsoft all together and we get no fighing game and miss out on MvC.

I hope thats not the case, but it doesnt look like Microsoft is supporting KI as much as it could.

Don’t worry because DH came from nowhere and they created KI3 so I’m sure someone else could step up to the plate if IG ever do end up leaving.

I can’t see it.

ALSO

I can’t see a new KI happening. Like ever.

If it does it will be awhile (like maybe 25 or 30 years) And even more of awhile if it chooses the seasonal market strategy. And could possibly worst.

Okay what about double helix? I mean they created the base/foundation for this KI and season 1 was great, perhaps not the best but nonetheless still great. You don’t think it can be done again?

For this KI? Maybe…?

For a new KI? No. Or at least not as good.

1 Like

What’s your biggest worry though? Is it the combo system changing? Graphics?

To soon for a complete remake. You are asking for trouble, people are still just now buying season 3. If a new dev has to step in its another year of rebuilds and testing balance.

This does play a big part.

Every combo system in Ki has been different. KI 1 had quite possibly the worst controls on a xbox controller IMO.

Ki 2013 had the best out of the three IMO and a lot my friends agree.

The biggest personal problem for me though: When this Ki ends/dies and everyone moves on to whatever comes next… I’ll probably be left in dust.

This game is perfect for me. It’s my favorite game of all time. Sure it had ups and downs but it literally MADE my friends list come to life.

And it has been dwindling. Which is sad but unfortunately it’s inventible.

So I’m trying to enjoy this ride as long as I can. :smiley:

3 Likes

I sure as heck have no plans to leave the game for as long as possible. If anything KI opened the door immdiately for me to get an XB1 : 3 and it’ll be the only reason I’ll keep the system some years when the new one shows up.

1 Like

KI Definitive CD physical copy will be a hot sought-after item.

Better get your copies now.

Where did you hear this?

During the awards show, some KI people were tweeting about how proud they are of the work they’ve done, and while I’m absolutely 200% reading in to things, there seemed to be the slightest air of finality about it.

Granted, they’ve said that they have a lot more stuff coming up AND they did the survey which certainly pointed toward season 4 with multiple questions asked, plus they’re still tweaking gameplay…

I’m just really hoping that Adam Boyes coming in doesn’t mark an eventual change away from KI. Obviously they’ll stop working on it at some point, but all signs pointed toward season 4 and “we’ll keep making it as long as you keep buying it.” Hopefully that’s still the case!

2 Likes

New KI no question, a season 4 would just be overkill at this point. Ideally ‘KI4’ would probably be a mid/late 2018 release with Scorpio as the lead platform.

In the meantime they can add a few bits of content/patches here and there to the current game to keep people playing.

1 Like

Honestly I would prefer a new KI. With Injustice 2, Tekken 7, and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite coming to Xbox One, KI is going to need a sequel.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, not to mention the eventual arrival of MK11.

1 Like

A new KI that realizes the scorpio tech. This New KI should have a new cutting edge look like the original did in arcades. The look that is already used for injustice 2 would have been what a new KI would benefit from for me. That real dark use of shadows and bright partical effects.

2 Likes