Season 3 UI being shown today!

Orchid’s “USA” retro colour and those plastic-toy batons just look utterly horrible still. XD

Lol…I never minded it. It could look better though. We’ll see. They’ll polish more and more.

I would love to see Kan Ras; wall splat ender with the new animation, I think it could look pretty cool…

I wanna see Ra too…Hope they made it harder for him to run away!!

They did make it so he can’t attack after an air swarm, but that won’t really hurt his run away game too badly.

Aganos stage looks so different

I have one minor complaint:
I am not in favour of the characters being just a black silhuette before choosing them on the character select screen. I wouldn’t mind if they were kinda in the shadows, but so you could still see their features and such. As it is now, you can’t really see how the character looks like when going through the roster, and I think that’s a shame.

Of course I know what they look like, because I’ve been following the game’s development since day one, but if I didn’t, I would have to pick a character before I could see how they looked like on the character select screen. That’s kinda annoying, imo.

1 Like

Well…I see your point. But, once you’ve seen them, you’re past that problem. So, that’s temporary…The priority is the fluidity of the interface. So, it’s a balancing act. I wouldn’t mind if they just had a 2d animation, or have the shadow animate in 2d. Something like that.

I would prefer to be able to see a character clearly before picking them.

I’ll be at work when it hits. Will it be archived when you you guys finish? :smiley:

Love Rash’s theme!!!..Holy sh*+!!

1 Like

Who wouldn’t?

It semed like from your response above that you didn’t. XD

Nope…Lol…I just see why they made the decision they did…Look how fluid this is.

1 Like

It is very fluid indeed, but I don’t like that it meant they had to compromise actually showing the character. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ahhh darn it! You guys are getting me all hyped up and I’m stuck at work for another 2.5 hrs :frowning:

the Funkadelic Accessories is supposed to be for Black Face Golden Rash isn’t it.

I have news on the music as well as the char select screen.

From what I’ve been told, the characters are now in order of release, but with Shago being lined up with omen. The seasons are in rows - S1 goes Jago, Wulf, Glacius, Thunder, Shago Sadira, Orchid, Spinal, Fulgore.

As for music select, it’s an up/down scroll - you select your theme - there is a default option, can’t tell you what order they go in right now but you press Y during stage select to activate it. Speculation is that music order might not be finalised. I’ll update you when I know more accessibility related details.

Also seems like there’s a new UI sound though I can’t tell what it’s for yet.

Finally, S3 pricing info and preorders start on Friday, including for the Ultra edition.

3 Likes

You will probably pass out from Sheer hype. Seriously.

.#DJKimWu

It’s interesting to look back on some of the old forum posts asking if we could get a character select screen similar to MKX where the characters walk-in from the background to the foreground. Looks like they listened.

As far as the stage select screen/music, it’s amazing that we can now apply themes to stages. It’d be cool if we could also use retro music, toggling the option in the settings menu or something.

The green and purple look perfect together. Although I wish they’d swap out the triangular grid pattern for lightning instead. That would be AMAZING. Right now triangular grid pattern is just too prominent.

Also, the new level 4 ender effects look great for some characters, but wonky for others. Like Orchid’s buster ender for example looks too mechanical. Maybe if they zoomed the camera out a bit it would be cool.

Overall the general vibe I feel from season 3 could be summarized with these few words: zany, wacky, eccentric, other-worldly, LSD, Hot Topic, Spencers, new age, chaotic fun.

2 Likes