Season 3 Rebalance Patch Notes

Do you even fulgore??

3 Likes

So did they just stop mentioning the ender damage changes near the end of the changes or does the second half of the season 2 cast not have nerfed ender damage?

agreed. I really like this about Kim.

It was very apparent in the trailer, which is the gameā€™s showcase to the world and non-KI players!

Man thatā€™s a lot of changes Iā€™ve only read Glaciusā€™ overall it seems heā€™s less hard-hitting ,but has better mixups. Can someone dumb the rest down for me?

Yeah, I agree about the lighting. I mean, Kim Wuā€™s stage was really well lit and I really liked the look of it on the whole, but the way it hit the characterā€™s faces almost seemed to wash them out a bit or make them seem less detailed. At least thatā€™s how it looked on the stream and that was a VERY small sample size to go off of, so while Iā€™m slightly nervous about it, I donā€™t think itā€™s something I really need to think too much about just yet.

I agree about the features of her face and her actually looking a bit more Korean, same goes with her size, for that matter. Sheā€™s slender, sheā€™s smaller, sheā€™s not just tall and full o bewbs just because sheā€™s a female character in a video game. I think they did a great job with her character design.

2 Likes

My boyā€™s TJ and Jago seemed to improve quite a bit, great new tools. Glad you got beat down, Kan-Ra, you butthole.

I think Kan Ra got more normalized than anything else. The stuff they changed about it him would seemingly make him less exploitable in terms of certain tactics, but I actually kind like some of the new stuff that he got, so hopefully heā€™s a better character all around because of it.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna give Aganos another go now, looks beast!

Medium laser is 2 hits, if they shadow counter the first hit, you canā€™t pip cancel it. I know he is a momentum based character, juggle potential means you have the ability to cash out damage from juggling. Fulgore cannot and wasting the meter to cash out a small white bar would never be worth it. He doesnā€™t have juggle potential. He can land a few hits until you plop to the ground, but thatā€™s it. None of Fulgoreā€™s enders build him spin speed. Landing the hit after the ender does. Using an ender after a round doesnā€™t make it useful, that makes it useless outside of when the opponent canā€™t do anything. Using those enders into the beam isnā€™t juggle potential either.

If they shadow counter the first hit,the second hit would probably hit them. You keep refering the potential damage as a little small bar. How do you know it will be a little small bar? The new juggles can make it a bigger bar for a cash out. It isnā€™t he can land a little few hits and the opponent falls to the ground. It was that way but S3 is changing that with the ground bounce overhead,target combo,and new lasers.

Seriously now. Change Mayas MP & HK autos so they have 2 different animations instead of the same over & over.

The only reason I will pass again on her, which is a shame. Was sort of happy with TJā€™s changes.

Two more things from the Patch Notes that are bugging me:

[*] Sweeps are now breakable and counter breakable. Forced quick-rise will occur if your opponent uses a counter breaker, leaving them punishable as expected

What?! :confounded: WHY?! A sweep is an excellent mix-up that causes a hard knock downā€¦ For most of the cast, these moves are somewhat slower, and if they whiff, the opponent gets a chance to punish it. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a reason behind this one, but itā€™s absolutely bizarre to my that it wouldā€™ve even been suggested. Maybe someone from the KI Crew can explain this decision? :wink:

[-] Sabrewulf no longer gets any damage bonus during instinct. He still deals chip damage with normals, however.

If anyoneā€™s saying that poor Sabrewulf ā€œdoesnā€™t need the damage bonusā€ for his Instinct, look at all of the fun options that Shadow Jago has during his Instinct. Look at the awesome passive Instinct bonuses that Glacius, Cinder, TJ Combo, Riptor, Hisako, etc. get from Instinct, vs. the inclusion of one move that might help put on the pressure. The cherry on top is that Sabrewulf would really benefit from the 10% damage boost because of the damage nerfs sent out to him and the rest of the cast. Whatā€™s up with that? Iā€™m extremely disappointed with the Instinct nerf more than anythingā€¦ :disappointed_relieved:

There are plenty of great changes all-around in this batch, especially for Hisako, Riptor & Spinal, but these changes are a bit too jarring for me. What do you all think? :confused:

-Zenek

Sweeps are only breakable mid combo, not when done raw. They initially made them unbreakable because they allowed safe counter breakers. Theyā€™ve managed to fix that so sweeps donā€™t need to be unbreakable anymore. Same applies to blowouts now being breakable.

Well, I canā€™t argue with that! :hushed: Great explanation- I appreciate that, MBABanemobius!

My beef with the Sabrewulf Instinct nerf still stands, though!

-Zenek

1 Like

So basically Wulf is no longer a ā€œrushdownā€ character? I watched the animations used for his changes, I hope they will be smoothed out at least. They looked a little cumbersome.

Iā€™m gonna miss having a more effective way of DPing jumping Glacius and Sadira, but dat laser doh!

That mini hype beam though.

I wonā€™t lie though, I feel Fulgore may have a harder time defending against Rushdowns. But I am looking forward to his new H-laser. But unless the enemy is far enough away for it to work it may be too dangerous to use. safe to assume Rush-downs will have it easy.

On one hand his new lasers and new target combos hold alot of potential but I donā€™t his medium laser will do much for zoning at closer distances.

On another hand though it may be safer when dealing with stuff like Sabrewulf and Orchidā€™s slide.

Also while I was upset about h-laser being nerfed distance wise at first, I used it for juggles and it was still good at stoping players like Glacius who spamed HK all over the place.

I doubt Cyber Uppercut will do me any good in this instance since DP inputs are still pretty hard to implement before the punch. But who knows, Iā€™ve stuck by Fulgore through alot of changes and Iā€™ve adaped when he got his changes in season1 and 2, Iā€™m sure I can adapt to this.

Against rushdown,his new target combo into juggles mihgt help. His new medium laser is bettr for juggles.