Season 3 Rebalance Patch Notes

If they can hit high enough, sure. But I doubt that unless it’s better tested. I like to have a variety of tools it’s gonna take more than one or two things for it to really matter.

As for rushdowns I’m gonna need more than just a trip into uppercut to fight rushdowns. Especially since I regurulary fight against the likes of Riptor and Sabrewulf (BOTH are characters my brother mains whom I also fight regularly) When I have enough meter (around 4 pips or so) THEN I can zone. Generally I like to switch up my game plan in this manner.

Also I do play an aggressive Fulgore since that is how I better build my meter. Perhaps I might be letting @SullenMosquito comment ge to me.

I guess I’m pretty conflicted about the whole thing but I’ll still see what I can work with. at least his teleport didn’t get nerfed which honestly I was afraid of.

Onto happier notes I feel like people who were to lazy to learn how to snuff out Cinder’s fired up Fire-Flash got a freebie

since all you had to do after blocking the attack was mash light. I do however appreciate the level 1 burn out enders which were challenging but I was ok with. Still it’s not rewarding enough to do will nilly so It keeps me motivated to actually work for some serious burn out enders. I also LOVE his new Inferno. It’s not only more improved over his original but a MILLION times more useful than it was in KI1.

My brother’s Glacius may have alot more crazy ■■■■ on him but at least now I can turn up the heat on him! mwaha!

on Riptor I’m quite satisfied with her new changes. I think her not being bale to juggle with clever girl all the time kinda makes things fresh and I get more stuff to work with. also her stager mechanics for some of her moves gives me a motive to use some of those moves in her predator stance.

I wasn’t sure about her tail flip since I felt it was easy to block but I guess the slight change in speed seems fair now.

As for her mortars, I’m so happy to see that. While I was able to get alon fine with her Clever Girl it’s nice to see that she has a serious anti-air defense now against the likes of Sadira. And it doesn’t track so it’s a nice touch.

One thing I want to try is shoot fire into the air and then rush in hopefully the fireballs can cover me. So much potential.

Fulgore is the best character in the game in Season 2, and he will be among the best in Season 3.

3 Likes

Only way to find out is to play it ourselves till then we simply have feelings of how it will turn out.

Sure, but there’s no reason to believe he won’t be good. He lost access to the most broken special move in the game (medium laser), gained a slightly worse version that is still super good, gained a full screen ground control move and new juggle potential to make him a bit harder to break.

He is just as good as he used to be (which was the best in the game), so it seems likely he will be among the top characters in the future.

How was it broken? if you timed it wrong you would get whacked. You should just go running like crazy like that to begin with. Plus it was pretty good at keeping certain opponents a few paces back.

I get the juggle possibility with the new one it doesn’t exactly look like it could hit an opponent coming out of the air. but till then all I got is a bit of doubt in its capabilities other than to slightly push my enemy away a bit (though knowing wulf and riptor, OR Sadira will just be back ontop of me after)

Plus his new one (while good) I might not use it often since I’ll just end up getting alot of my opponents up close for it to really matter. But when I DO get the chance to use it I can see the potential. Plus unless Cyber Uppercut is quicker to input I don’t see it being that helpful against certain characters like Glacius’ with his jumping HK.

That being said I do like that his shadow air-eye beams are better to. I like to cancel into that after an initial anti-air for juggling.

Safe to say my feelings are pretty mixed, which I guess is to be expected. Though if you had known from my personal history on the forums after learning a way to adjust (if these new lasers will be any good at all) I may just change my tune to a more positive one. I did so with his H-laser.

Some would quit at the chance that Fulgore would not be so useful to them anymore but I’ll stick by Fulgore cause he’s that damn awesome. Even if he’ll have more disadvantages with this new tech.

Medium laser? You pip-cancel it into DP if they do anything besides block it or stand outside of range (or do a mostly psychic shadow projectile move through it). It’s really safe to do at around sweep range or slightly longer, you can OS a combo starter in case it hits, and it does a pretty healthy chunk by itself too.

It’s hard to do, because you have to be really attentive (which is why Fulgore is hard to play), but it’s super amazing.

that’s funny cause I never pip-cancled my medium laser into DP if at all. and if it was blocked it’s not like you can’t be hit on the way down if they block your cyber-uppercut.

I actually just use my lasers for defense really. Only time I ever went offence is to use light laser for block strings. But since we have that I wonder if there’s even a point to having light laser since medium laser now just a slightly better medium laser. Light laser just hits once and is even more open. New M-laser shoots twice and if I recall pushes the enemy back.

As far as OS openers I could already do that with the old medium laser.

It’s nice to see you keep your optimism and it does kinda keep me from getting too salty, but even for someone as wise as you, I need to see some serious proof first before I can start to believe that it will be as good you claim. which is why we’ll either find out this weekend, or until launch.

Looking forward to some of the new stuff he got, not so sure about the laser buffs they feel more like a consolation prize than anything else.

I’m officially starting a new Meme…

But can she/he Juggle?

2 Likes

If you pip-cancel correctly, it will always work on reaction to things like jumps (that is, it will never be blocked).

Give it a try next time you play! Just fire a bunch of medium lasers at sweep range, then DP when they jump, even if you’re in the middle of a laser.

After looking back I think these new lasers may not be so bad. light laser is pretty much like it always have been just pushes people away. Not something I’d do in corners though.

As far as his laser juggle potential I’m not quite sure about that since a beam hitting downward may be harder to work with otherwise. Kinda contradicts aesthetically but it looks like it MIGHT work.

I’d like to suggest not forcing Hisako to be even more specific with her catch counter. Please continue allowing her Low Counter to receive mid attacks.

If the change is implemented as written, it turns her low counter into something which is only successful by lucky guess as low attacks are too fast to read. It’s too high-risk for a character who is already dependent on high risk. Lucky-guess-based abilities undermine skill.

This ability is hard enough to time, and it already occasionally requires guessing as it is.

I don’t mind the Riptor HP HK nerfs but why make Tailflip slower and EVEN MORE punishable?? D= I need reasonable answers yo.

I love Kan Ra and TJ a lot more now. Cannot wait for the season 3 updates!

Got an idea. Thunder sammamish into medium kick. Why not change that move, give a new animation and have his tomahawk divemove back?

Someone please upload to youtube. Twitch archive sux :frowning:

EDIT: Found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfeAYFx7Tg
Thanks Maximilian!

I’m sure that her high counter can still block it. Her low doesn’t. Though in the case of normal terms I can KINDA understand where you’re getting at since crouch blocking defends aainst mid and low. But so does high blocking.

Some people have terrible reaction skills when it comes to that. as Riptor you can use your tail flip to cross up opponents. Though since it’s slower now I don’t think it’s wise to use this move in corners anymore. Or at all since the recovery is really bad, unless you can magically catch someone while their crouching with it. But at that speed I suspect it will be to easy to see it coming.

At least now those folks get to be hurt harder with fire-damage and alot of her other moves will be better for mix-ups anyway.

I don’t think it’s a fair trade off just because inexperienced players can’t react to a tailflip.

Overall I’m very happy with the changes.
I’m glad Iron Galaxy makes manual juggle combos a real option now, Shadow Jago already has a lot of tools for that, very cool to see that everyone can compete with his manual comobs now.
Like most of the changes to the characters, Sabrewulf may be a bit too weak now, though His instinct is really simple compared to Shagos or S3 Glacius :frowning:

I love Kim Wu, though. Her look, style, combat system, stage, animations, everything looks amazing. Rash is also crazy, love his taunt. And the Arbiter…wow!

I do believe it is one of the nastier crossups in the game. Maybe not on paper but it has a really weird attack pattern.
Did you see the Riptor mirror match in LCQs? Even those guys got hit by it almost 100% of the time.
I don’t think it needs to be more punishable though.

I kinda agree. they removed some mix up and offence potential with that attack. Better off doing sweeps and other stuff with your tail now instead of a tail-flip.

only thing wrong about punsihing Riptor’s tailflip is that the hitbox was hard to it with most characters standing high. I did tend to miss with Fulgore’s blade charge but that was really all that was wrong with it.