Season 3 Practice/Dojo Modes

Another bump as this is still definitely something that needs to be addressed once the devs have time to get round to it.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! ā€œSparring Modeā€ I think they call it. Itā€™s been a while since I played SG, I totally forgot about that.

+1 for Sparring Mode!

2 Likes

I havenā€™t bumped in a monthā€¦ I feel just turrible about it.

So, bump for visibility!

**Iā€™m putting a post-it on my desk to remind me to bump this thread at least once a week. If we all band together, we could set up a bump schedule so it gets bumped daily!

It is legitimately the most important (maybe second to the Bug Report) thread on the forums, especially now that the S3 content is concluded (so far as we know).

UPDATE LAB & DOJO FOR S4 PLOX!!!

2 Likes

-Online Training Mode
-Character Dojos.
-Updated Dojo with all the new mechanics.
-Revamp Training mode with better record features such as Dummy Wakeup,Shadow Counter on X hit.
-Training mode on all stages.
-KI2 Music
-All characters available in training mode so free players can see who they want to buy.
These are the changes I would make to the Training/Dojo mode of KI

2 Likes

The crying continues :cry:
I need this in my life
Iā€™m kidding, I donā€™t have a life
But I still need it

1 Like

The thing that kills me is this thread only has 105 replies, but about 80% of the other threads in this forum would directly benefit if the people posting there had access to an online practice mode. This isnā€™t the kind of thing that is going to go headline the MS Christmas 2016 flyer, but it really would do a ton to improve the game, and the community along with it.

2 Likes

I tried to use the ā€œrandom blockā€ function to test hit confirms the other day, and Iā€™m really convinced the entire implementation of it is broken. Some moves will always be blocked, while other moves will never be blocked. I was trying ot test Rashā€™s ability to single hit confirm st.HK into shadow battering ram (itā€™s IMO quite easy, by the way), but the dummy would block 15 st.HKs in a row before it got hit by one, then it would block 15 more in a row. From some spacings (ie, close range), it seemed impossible for the dummy to ever not block it.

Reporting this type of stuff in the bug thread never seems to get seen or fixed, so Iā€™ve kind of given up. They still havenā€™t fixed the replay glitch where P2ā€™s inputs are completely broken, which basically renders replays useless for studying stuff. This has been in the game for 3 years.

I dunno, I wish some of this stuff was fixed or better, but it seems the lowest of the low for priorities for the team.

3 Likes

Random block is definitely useless, so I just record the dummy alternating crouch blocking and crouching with no block. Annoying that you have to do that, but at least it works.

Definitely ki2 stage backdrops and music added to the current practice options

Bump for visibility, and because linked elsewhere.

@developers
I never know where or how to tag you, but this whole idea of improving the Training Mode I think is maybe worthy of a tag, in case you hadnā€™t noticed or it hadnā€™t occurred to you.

KI could have a mode inside Training mode which allows you to establish certain rules for a match against the CPU or another player ( totally support the idea of an Online Training mode ).

the types of rules are listed below:

light punches: on/off
light kicks: on/off
medium punches: on/off
medium kicks: on/off
heavy punches: on/off
heavy kicks*: on/off (the sweeps are included, too )
specials: on/off
throws: on/off
sweeps: on/off
jumping: on/off
CPU level: 1-9/off
Player 2: the person who is player 2 needs only press start on his/her controller to enter this mode.

This rules apply for both sides. For example, suppose you set the rules to allow only sweeps and throws, no jumping. You and the CPU/Player 2 can only do sweeps and throws.

This mode could facilitate the understanding about the different aspects of the game and reduce the learning curve for the begginers.

Inspiration for this article: Core-A Gaming video, Getting better at Fighting Games ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9IECEnKHQ )

1 Like

bump bump bump please bump all the time thanks <3

Life has a way of making post-itā€™s irrelevant and promises hard to keep. Iā€™m gonna try keeping this tab open, and moving the bookmark to the forefront of my browser.

Gosh I wish the devs could give any word on the possibility here, but at the same time I donā€™t wanna hear them say that they couldnā€™t find the time or funds for the single most important set of fixes and adjustments they could possibly makeā€¦

bump.

so much was already said but reversal , wake up and when recording setting the AI to block is really the main options training mode lacking.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to bump this because this thread derserves a necro.

1 Like

Practicing Mira stuff, I realized how nice it would be if the positional reset feature was also or had a companion state reset wherein when you reset to default.

For example, as Mira, one drilling execution on EX.Bat>INSX>V.Mist>L.Bat, you must wait out the 15 secs of INSX every single repetition; you can only run this string once per INSX pop, and there is no way to forcibly de-activate INSX - you just have to wait it out.

2 Likes

I still tryin to figure out how to practice frame traps in training mode

The best way to practice frametraps would be to record the dummy:

Neutral Jump and hold db while in the air
On landing, slight delay and mash jab

Wait for your dummy to jump, then hit your plus move as it lands (the delay while holding db should block here) and go into the frametrap sequence. So long as you donā€™t delay too long in the recording, the dummy should block the first move and reversal mash jab, so the frametrap will hit.

It sucks, but itā€™s what weā€™ve got.

1 Like

I want an online training mode. I also want an option for a recording to occur right after leaving blockstun to test out frame traps and blockstrings. I would also like there to be multiple recordings that are played at random so I can practice against mixups.

1 Like