S3 is good but could have been better

I just want to add to this, the explicit reason that MS gave for not having new stages (and I just remembered this) was the new lighting effects that all the stages got, and the new lighting effects on all the new characters.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not really ā€œbeggingā€ if youā€™re willing to put up money for it. I know you think youā€™re smart, butā€¦

Oh, and I agree OP. Need more stages, accessories and polish.

2 Likes

not begging
wants more stuff

Lol

3 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever understand this complaint on why the lack of stages for Mira, Rash, General RAAM, and Eyedol hurts or derails Season 3 as a weak season. Weā€™ve already got covered with so much stuff in the last two seasons, and with new fighters and Shadow Lords making a unique single-player experience, isnā€™t that quite enough for this season already?

2 Likes

Yes we did I am one of those that purchased the game three times over and then bought the definitive edition and all the shirts and the figures IMO shadow Lord is good but I feel I couldā€™ve been more than KI Minecraft

Shadow Lords redeemed the season for me. The characters themselves were awesome but the new mode actually brought something NEW - replayability for all fans be they online or offline. Its not perfect but for a fresh baked idea its been fantastic.

It was an all in move though - i dont agree but accept opinions on things missed like accessories, stages or original characters vs guests. Ive enjoyed S3 more than i ever did S1, S4 doesnt need to all in for me now, just expand what we have in characters, stages, cosmetics and yes Shadow Lords (include more guests would work fine there too)

1 Like

People forget S3 is the culmination of the entire game, this isnā€™t a Segway into another seasonā€¦ its the pinnacle, the finale, and with SL & multiplayer, it is a grand oneā€¦

This argument reminds me of all the SL I broken ones floating around, we are two days since release and people already think they should of beaten it over & over & unlocked all they wishā€¦

So the Season is OK, but would be perfection with one more Bonus character & 4 more stagesā€¦ is that all?

I get we want more, we always will, but Itā€™s my opinion we should spend our time trying to enjoy what we do have, than ridiculing the entire productā€¦

1 Like

What exactly are you basing this strong belief on? I donā€™t think that you or I have access to any type of cost / benefit analysis or budgetary information for KI, other gaming projects, the gaming division as a whole etc that would even remotely lead to this conclusion.

Six million unique users is a worthless statistic with regards to adding to KIā€™s budget when we have no idea how much money goes in to the game, how much they make off of itā€¦ Thereā€™s no income and expense data, no monthly or annual trending cash flow, player retention data, nothing that should automatically lead you to strongly believe anything beyond the fact that you want the game to have a bigger budget.

To be clear, I want more money going in to this game. I want it making a ton and I want MS & IG to have NRS levels of money and manpower. But wanting something and simply assuming it can happen based on little to no information are two very different things.

Also, the stagesā€¦ I want them too, but man it bums me out to see stuff like this RIGHT after the release of this really unique, awesome, and truly massive mode that these guys were undoubtedly working their asses off for several months on, only to see feedback like ā€œyeah SL is great, but where are our four stages?ā€

Again, I would love to get those stages somewhere down the line either as DLC or as part of season 4. Same goes for the bonus character. They asked about a bonus character in the season 3 survey, so that kinda led me to believe that one would happen. I still hope that it does at some point, and I agree 100% on the ones you have listed there. Iā€™d LOVE to see Ben Farris, human Sabrewulf, human Spinal, rushdown Glacius or Shadow Orchid. Awesome ideas, all of them.

But man, we already have a ton of great stages. I think that the Astral Plane is gorgeous. We also have a great number of unique characters with more on the horizon if we get a 4th season. Canā€™t we just enjoy this for a little while before we ramp up the conversation again about the stuff thatā€™s missing? I mean, to each his own, I guess, but stillā€¦

1 Like

Says who?
Who stated this is the final season?
Some important hints are more pointed to more content than no more content.

This is not the final end of the line. Just where we arecurrently, nothing more, nothing else

2 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering this as well. Just about to post on it.

I havenā€™t seen any confirmation that there wonā€™t be a 4th season. They got 9,000 people to fill out a survey and two of the questions involved bonus characters and future characters. The player base would also seem to be expanding given the move to PC. Theyā€™ve also said that theyā€™ll keep making content as long as people keep buying it.

At this point, Iā€™d almost be surprised if we DIDNā€™T get a 4th season.

1 Like

The definitive release shows that Season 3 is what we will be engulfed in for some timeā€¦ thatā€™s what I based my statement on, not that KI is over, or this is the last season, but it is a wrapping up of what weā€™ve had since 2013, the subtle signs are thereā€¦ ALL the original characters are back, the storyline from S1 - S3 has been about Gargos in one way or another, which has lead us to SLā€¦ and yes we have yet to see Eyedolā€™s involvement, and their could very well be more Shadow Lords ahead, but it all came down to thisā€¦ so again, I didnā€™t say S3 is the last of KI, just that it wrapped things up

simple translation, S3 encompasses S1-S3ā€¦ as opposed to S2 which was more of an independent focus

Mighty no.9

1 Like

I was going to post it 5 minutes later, but didnā€™t want to derail further xD

Mighty no. 9 is, in videogames history, one of the biggest robberies I have ever seen

2 Likes

The stage complaints still baffle me. The game already has a zillion stages, and the only thing that actually changes about the gameplay between them is how easily you can see Cinderā€™s flames on some. Seems a bit like complaining that the inside of a cabinet isnā€™t paintedā€“does it really matter when it functions just as well and looks fine when itā€™s closed?

5 Likes

That could be true, but theyā€™ve also said that they want Shadow Lords to be a living mode with more content added over time, so itā€™s entirely possible that if we get a season 4, that the story can simply continue on through this mode with more missions, some sort of separate chapter or the option to play through the Gargos portion and the season 4 portion seperatly, etc.

I do see what youā€™re saying now though about how SL wraps up the first three seasons, though Iā€™d say it probably ties them together more than anything else. Doesnā€™t necessarily have to be a finale, but Iā€™m just nitpicking at this point. I see what youā€™re saying.

Yeah, I mean I get people wanting them because itā€™s something weā€™ve always had (one stage per character, even though Omen and Shago share a stage variant), and itā€™s easy to let your imagination go a little with what type of stage might suit Mira, Rash, Eyedol and Raam, so I donā€™t think itā€™s JUST a matter of how useful something is as far as the gameplay is concerned.

However, I agree completely that at this point, given all of the stages that we already have coupled with the awesome stuff we were able to get out of this season, well yeahā€¦ Your cabinet analogy works perfectly.

2 Likes

I feel as if Ultimates and No Mercyā€™s should be brought back. I think itā€™s unfair that only Shadow Jago gets one. I wouldnā€™t mind donating for itā€¦it just bothers me that they left out a key element to the game and everyone thinks it should be left out for some reason. Havenā€™t met someone who feels the same way yetā€¦but it was a big part of KI. donā€™t get me wrong i do enjoy the game im just saying how i feel that all

1 Like

I like S3 very much. IG did good for 99% of it. My only gripe is this current patch. Other then that, excellent.

Begging from Dictionary.com
Def. 2
to ask (someone) to give or do something; implore:

So yes, I am smart enough to know the meanings of words when I use them and equally smart enough to know not to pick a fight over the definitions of words without being certain I know what Iā€™m talking about. Iā€™m also wise enough not to attach my ego to the feedback I get from randoms on the internet. So instead of getting mad that I disagree with you and trying to pick a fight, just make your statement that you support the OP and move on.

@CpTheBest458988 Lots of people have asked for ultimates and no mercies, so you are definitely not alone.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty confident weā€™ll see stages for Mira, Eyedol, and the rest of the S3 characters at some point in the future.