s.HK, stagger, s.HK, stagger = too good, IMO

There isn’t one as you got hit by the thing. Keep in mind that once he recaptured in the first combo, his KV will be really high and he can’t do opener ender. There will be a break point. Best advice is try to not get hit by S.Hk.

I’m talking about if it hits, though - he gets 4 free attacks with no opportunity for a break even with the 3-hit rule in effect. Seems rather counter-intuitive if you ask me…

@Sasuke99I I know there’ll be a break point, but not until attack #5:frowning:

Jago can do the same thing with his fireballs. Fireball shadow fireball fireball shadow fireball.

Okay. But the solutions are as provided. Don’t get hit with st.HK.

I do think maybe the grab should be breakable after the second stagger, but other than that, it honestly doesn’t sound all that terrible. Stop getting hit with st.HK is the best defensive option here, otherwise wait for the break point after Antlion.

I hate that too, but those are at a distance. Personally, I think his s.HK should have the same properties as Glacius’ s.MP ice lance and NOT be considered a projectile.

Well command grabs are unbreakable unless it’s an opener ender rule. So I think it’s fine how it is. Plus doesn’t he need a sand trap BEFORE he does the combo AND you have to be near it to be caught?

That won’t change anything though.

s.HK gives him the sandtrap directly below you…

If command grabs were breakable after the 3 hit rule then they wouldn’t be used ever again since. Add to that WHEN would you break them? Before the throw? During the throw? After the throw? Opener> ender is easy since you can break at any time you wish.

It’d make the 1st s.HK an opener so you could break the 2nd.

I know that. But since st.hk causes stagger (and there you stumble back) thus giving distance.

While I agree that st.HK should follow projectile-normal breakability rules, even if it did, that would only change the combo to minus one st.HK. The best solution is still to stop getting hit with that st.HK in the first place. 16% unbreakable isn’t even close to the most egregious unbreakable output in the game.

@FengShuiEnergy The st.HK’s create sand, so no, there is no pre-st.HK sand requisite.

No it wouldn’t. That wouldn’t change anything.

Plus 16%…lots of characters get that or more. With or without meter.

It takes so long before a break opportunity though! It effectively takes you out of the 2-way experience…

The beginning yes. It’s no different from projectile juggles. It’s also the same with ARIA’s projectile loop in SL with free shadow meter (she can infinite you a whole life for free with no break points.)

Ummm… Agano’s stagger>peacemaker throw>wall crash doesn’t do the same thing (remove the 2-way interaction with a ton of damage)? While I agree with you about the multi-stagger and grab interactions, I think you may be saltily blowing this a bit out of proportion.

1 Like

What do you mean it changes nothing!? It’d change everything! If it was considered an opener like Glacius s.MP, you could break on the 2nd s.HK, which would be a manual and breakable instead of having to wait for a 3rd or an unbreakable command grab into antlion/scorpion tail curse setup. He could still do it with 1, but I’d be okay with that.

They would still have to change the actual move from an normal to an opener. Changing the hitbox won’t change that. All it will do is…well change the hitbox.

…and the devs don’t see a problem with that? Every FG I’ve ever played, it’s the projectiles that break the game into something stupid. If I wanted to use projectiles, I’d go play a FPS!