Rocket League!

I find that I miss the ball more with it on…

Yeah but that’s a practice thing! Soon you’ll be good at hitting it. You just have to learn how the camera leads the ball a bit. If you change your camera settings it will probably help a lot.

Hey Infil, is it really Private only? It seems the Xbox Info Tab says it’s also Public too.

Or does that just mean the party?

Captured from my TV

1 Like

Xbox and PC players can run into each other in public matches by chance, but if you want to form a party, you can only play private matches within that party.

Ah. Ok. Oh well. Hopefully that becomes a feature. I would really love for that to happen.

I’ve done public matches within a party though (with every1 on XB1, mind you).

They’ve talked about it before, it seems unlikely to happen without a huge rework of their server code and a bunch of cooperation from both Sony and MS.

Right, this limitation only applies if you have people in your party who are not on the same platform.

I assume you’ve tested this or have an official source (if it’s the latter, I’d like to see it)?

It works the same way if you’re doing PS4 to PC cross play (source: myself playing with numerous cross-platform parties) and they said Xbox to PC play would be the same. I haven’t tested Xbox to PC yet but I have no reason to think they would lie about it.

Anyway, I’m probably free tonight to play some, if others are available. Probably some time around 8 to 9 EST and after. Just post in this thread, maybe, if you want to play, and if we can get at least 4 total people then we can run some games (but probably 6 people is better). If you have friends outside the KI forums who want to join, feel free to invite them.

Where did they say that? I must know! :fearful:

I’ll see you in RL later tonight. I’ll check back here at 8 p.m. eastern and again at 9 p.m. eastern if you’re a no-show the 1st go around, or if something comes up on my end. :wink:

After 10 p.m., however, and I’ll be pushing into my next day’s schedule, since I’m working the next 2 days.

They said it numerous times on reddit, I won’t be able to track it down now. You’ll just have to take my word for it, or go see if you can find it via a reddit search.

Do you have other people who are interested in playing? I don’t think we’ll get 6 so invite as many people as you want.

Also is there any easy way to contact you outside these forums, for live conversation? Do you use twitter or anything like that?

Ugh, I don’t like Reddit. It tries to be the Internet within the Internet… ::unamused:

I do have a Twitter account, but I almost never use it, so I wouldn’t rely on that.

It’s kind of funny that you bring this up, because it brings up the question - how does a PC player meet with an XBL player to play RL in the game itself? It’s 1 thing to invite someone on Win10, where everyone already has a Live account, but Steam?

I just assumed you would contact me via Live, but if you’re not on Live yourself… Conundrum, indeed…

Skype, maybe? But to do that would require an exchange of emails, I think, which I’m not ready to disclose to anyone.

I create a party with a username/password and then give you the details, and you open RL on Xbox and go “join party” and enter those details. It’s really easy.

I’ll post the lobby name/password in this thread, it’s fine. It’ll just be like abc 123 or something. It’s just annoying to use the forums for organizing this type of thing, in case you need to say “wait 5 min” or something and you don’t want to make a permanent post on a fighting game forum.

Do you use discord? It’s basically just a skype-like program but without all the crappiness of skype. You can even use it in your browser (or you can download mobile apps or a desktop application that looks similar to skype).

I actually just made a Discord account. Lol.

I’ll have to log in using my tablet however, and see if I can do that.

Edit: So on Discord, I would just add you to friends, then I could talk to you from my tablet, with a mic connected to it, or send you messages from the app, even though we are on different means of technology.

Lol technology is crazy. XD

No, I don’t use Dscord, nor have I ever heard of it. That being said, I love Skype? What’s wrong with it (or what makes Discord even better)?

With Skype, I can use it right on my Xbox One - I can’t do that with Discord unless I stream my XB1 to my PC, which in essence, is kind of self-defeating, since I could just as easily play RL on PC in that case instead (assuming I owned it on PC, of course, which I don’t BTW).

I’m around now. I’m pretty tired after a long day at work but I can play a few games.

Who is able to play some time in the next 10-15 minutes? We need at least 4 (and more is preferred). If it’s just me, Ostrich and Geek that won’t be enough, so you guys might have to recruit some of your non-FGC friends. If we can’t get enough then we can try another day.

Can Guests play? Like if I do split screen with one of my siblings ? I know I can go online with a guest.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that should work.

Ok. Then I can see if one of my friends want to play. I actually think xSkeletalx has RL, but I don’t know if he’d be up for some games. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

But you sure you want to play Infil? I don’t want to force you to play if you are dead tired. I’d hate to see you smashing into walls and such. Lol

Or doing this, lol

Ok I made a lobby, join it by going play online -> join

room name: killer
pass: 123

I’d much prefer if we could communicate without posting every message to the forum, so I’m also opening discord, you can add me as a friend (username same as my forum name) and talk there more easily.