Rocket League!

I would LOVE to, but I don’t have my own PC. Not yet, Lol.

Saving is hard, and bills wait for no man.

That’s fair. If money is tight for you, then it’s even more true that I wouldn’t want you to donate $20 to me just so I can play Rocket League on Xbox, lol.

We’ll see how I’m feeling this weekend, I might just splurge on it.

Do you guys play that often anyway?

I do, don’t know about Geek.

Lol Don’t worry. I adult-ed, and did taxes. XD

I haven’t focused on a PC, because I’m saving to go to CEO in June. :slight_smile:

Pff! Please…

I can do all of the stuff in those videos and more in my sleep!

…in 10,000 years. :smirk:

For those of you on steam that are thinking of trying Rocket League, steam is doing a free play weekend and sale on Rocket League.

So, I’m trying my hand at Hat Trick and boost in the air.

So far so good! I’ve actually made a couple of nice goals due to boosting! Not on the level yet to do the MLG Stuff, but working on it!

Gonna need it for the Hoops update! :smile:

Yous’ been playin RL witout me, yo!? Not cool, brah. Na’ cool… :slight_frown:

Looks like cross-platform play between Steam and Xbox is in the game today!

It only works for private games, so we couldn’t group together and play against random teams. But if we can get enough people to form a private group, we can get some matches. Anybody down for that?

Yo! It’s done? We need to get a KI RL Team formed. Lol

A ton of my friends play RL but they aren’t really involved in the FGC at all. We’d have to get a list of people who want to play and then find a time. From the activity in this thread it might just be you and Geek though, which isn’t really enough to get games going.

Most of your friends are on the PC. Correct? I’m sure a lot of people here play RL, it’s just they probably don’t know that we can play with PC now, or have no knowledge of this thread. Lol

Well, if it wasn’t already obvious, I’m game. I have friends I can potentially bring into the fold too, if we fall short. :wink:

I was told the update wouldn’t go live until 6 p.m. eastern though, so we’ll have to wait until this evening.

All my RL friends play on PC, yes. I might be able to wrestle some of them to play with us, but it’s probably better if we get FGC people to play, otherwise whatever disparity in skill that exists will be less fun.

I’m at work all day and I live in mountain time zone, so I won’t be home before 6 EST anyway. I may or may not even be able to play today, but if I can and you guys also can, then I’d be down.

I might be able to, if Overwatch or KI doesn’t consume my soul. Lol

This statement lets me know I’m going to get bodied. Lol.

I’ll promise to make the games fun and competitive. :slight_smile: I’m not playing to just body random people, I’m playing to make sure everyone in the group has fun.

If needed, we could also try things like 3v1 or 4v1 games and see how close I can keep the score.

I did forget about Overwatch being out, though, I’m sure lots of people are going to be playing that instead.

Ok, lol. That sounds fun, should we be able to get a game one day. Now, your skill has me curious. Like you can do aerial hit utilizing boost and such? So am I about to see crazy car spinouts in the air, and hit all the way across the field into the goal? Gotta prep my mind and body LOL

One recommendation I have to any of you who are new to the game. Drop that camera view back and increase the FOV. It makes a big difference. Also and Infil can correct me if I’m wrong since he’s most certainly a much better player but I recommend getting used to switching your camera frequently in particularly get off the ball cam just before you hit the ball.

Also a big thing with flying hits is making sure you’re not on the ball tracking camera.

I only use the ball cam if I’m far away from it and need to turn myself around in the right direction.

Yeah, I can do all that stuff. If you leave me with the ball in my own end, I will probably drive it up off the wall and then try to score from the top of the map. Either that or I will lob it to myself and try to score from about 3/4 of the way up the stadium. I probably won’t do much of this stuff in our games, though, especially if no one else can do it.

Just to be perfectly clear, since I watch a lot of high level RL and play with a lot of really good players, I have no delusions of grandeur about my skill in this game. Compared to the top players, I am very bad, and I routinely run into players in ranked matches who are much better than me, even in the tiers below the highest ranked tier. But compared to someone who only has about 50 hours in the game or so, I will probably seem pretty good.

Probably the thing you will notice the most is how hard good players will shoot the ball. It’s easy to point to fun aerial and wall stuff as a measure of skill, and those make very entertaining montage videos, but when you play against people who shoot the ball at the corners of the net at 100 km/h, that’s the thing you will notice the most. Like… if you leave a good player in the slot (about halfway between midfield and the goal) and the ball is rolling towards them, you will literally have to make a guess in goal and jump pre-emptively towards that spot, because they will hit it that hard. You will notice that, and also the fact that it will be very hard to score on them unless you can also shoot the ball this hard.

1 Like

Yes, I can definitely agree with pulling back the FOV and camera distance; the defaults are way, way too close. I think I have my FOV set at about 94 or 95, and camera distance at about 260 (with everything else default). If you are still playing on the default camera settings I really recommend you try my settings, you will probably notice a huge improvement in your play after a few minutes.

Also, it’s pretty common to keep ball cam on during aerials. Some certain types of aerials might benefit from no ball cam, but most of the time it should be on.

I switch ball cam off and on a lot, depending on what I’m doing, but if I’m attacking the ball in any way I almost always have it on. I will turn it off to look behind me/around me, to go get boost (switching it off and on so I know what’s happening around me), and to dribble the ball or control a high aerial shot on the ground.

For basic map awareness stuff, you should probably always have it on.