Rise of the Tomb Raider

damn…thats worries me…I dont like games too technical and overwhelming. I like them exactly like Rise of the TR. Challenging but still directs you to where you need to go. The Witcher is cool but too much stuff to worry about and figure out…Im so trying to get that game going but it just stalls me every time.

The missions are cool and the gameplay is really solid and diverse though.

I have the problem at the moment with having a kid and a busy life that huge games can be overwhelming. I let the witcher go after 40 hours, but picked it back up again 2 months later to finish it. Still think it might be my game of 2015 though.
Have the same problem with fallout 4 now, great game but a bit burned out on it after hours/weeks of play. Will get back to it in a month or two though…metal gear solid might be the same depending on how big it turns out to be.

That why I appreciate the more focussed smaller games like ROTT and the pick up and play games like Killer Instinct, Fable Legends, Ark, etc that I can play for smaller amounts of time at the moment.
Might be a bit to adhd to get real good at them like some guys here, but getting a good time out of it.

2 Likes

Its really a matter of opinion. I liked the Definitive Edition, but the thing that put me off was how many things she could survive back-to-back that would kill a normal person or at least seriously injure them to the point of being bedridden for weeks. Gameplay-wise though, not a terrible game. I did love the ways she would die if you messed up though, truly horrific and they actually put in some work to show how painful it would be with her twitching and struggling. Overall, good game but I wouldn’t go as far as saying best game in the world (not saying you meant that either, just IMO)

Got this first Xmas. This has to be game of the year for me. It takes all the good points of its predecessor and amps it up. Story is excellent as well. Just trying to get on it time is a pain tho cause the other half is playing mad max all the ruddy time. :anguished:

2 Likes

So mad max is worth it?

Too many great games to play so little time…

1 Like

It’s plays a lot like batman Arkham knight. Fighting system and driving system.
It’s sorts like a cross between that and fallout.

Good that you remind me, I still have arkham knihht aswell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who is Laura? -

1 Like

Yeah she takes a pounding doesn’t she! lol… sometimes its like…damn, she just needs to rest for like 1 day…how can you just keep going and going with no rest? Some of the falls are just brutal.

So far out of all the game Ive played since i got back into gaming last xmas with this Xbox one…ROTTR and TR def have been the over all best games I’ve payed due to fun factor, game play, story and ability for my family to watch me play and have fun as well.

AGREED! I almost got Mad Max yesterday!!! I need a new game that is similar to TR… is MAD max similar in that sort of way? Not identical but you know what i mean? COming from a fellow fan of TR?

Ive been playing Uncharted remastered currently… but i need something better. Mad Max, Gears of war remastered or MEtal gear phantom pain?

I’ve got the remastered gears plus u get all the other titles with it. Mad max actually plays like a desert wasteland batman lol. Looks huge.
I can’t get enough of tomb raider but I don’t know what all the cards are about? I’m guessing score attack.

the cards are for all of the side modes…score attack, elite replay, and the new endurance mode. it gives you advantages and disadvantages that effect your score… you compete against your friends list that also play TR

like big heads, no weapons, one hit death… all skills unlocked or no skills unlocked… i havent played it much but looking forward to trying endurance mode when i find time…and def cant wait for BABA YAGGA

So when does Lara get her Iconic Clothes? LOL XD

I’m slowly but surely nearing the end of Wolfenstein: the new order. RoTTR is next on my list. Really looking forward to it.

I seen you were at level 13 the other night! I too am getting farther on ole Wolfy! Im currently just breaking out of prison, and the toothless lady shot everyone LOL…wow that was awesome!
(I hope you have made it that far)

Get ready for Rise…Im excited for you LOL…I want to play it again!

Too busy with Dark souls 2 but once more TR dlc is available I am going for 100% completion…
(the plan was actually to do blood and wine dlc for witcher 3 but seems to be delayed…)

they have released all the TR skins packs today. THe Bab Yaga comes out in the next 2 weeks. All that would be left is the final DLC “Cold Darkness Awakens”.

I just got going on WItcher 3 last night. Im not far…I neat the Griffin and found Yniffer

That’s good news. Looking forward to all dlc.

However, two weeks is not enough to finish Dark Souls 2, lol. Need a clear mind, hehe

I stayed up late finishing Wolfenstein last night. Great game. I could nitpick some stuff, but it was way better on all fronts than I expected it to be.

Looking forward to getting home tonight and starting RoTTR since it’s my wife’s turn to take the kids to their swimming lesson.

1 Like

How did you like the scene in the underground hide out, when Anya wants to talk and the ■■■■ guy gets mad because they are too loud…LOL. thats was…shocking lol

Im right the part were I used the water jet and Im about to steal the train. I really wish I had known about the PERKS when I started the game. I just now noticed that stuff and am trying to obtain some of the moves. It needs a better tutorial in game for sure.