Rise of the Tomb Raider

i cant wait for this!!! really need more TR. The game was SO good!

1 Like

Well I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider the other night! WOW! Just WOW! What an amazing game and ending! This is by far my favorite adventure game of all time and no doubt GAME OF THE YEAR in my opinion.

I completed the game at 96% complete! Not bad for 1st run through! I only missed a few relics and documents. All challenges and missions compete except for the Bird (Which never appeared and I heard is a glitch in some peoples games) and the first challenge in Syria which you can not fast travel back to.

Im playing Tomb Raider Definitive right now and on my way to finishing it! I want more Tomb Raider!!! Ahhhh!

Cant wait for Baba Yaga and part 3!!!

1 Like

Wow! I didnā€™t even come close. I am looking forward to going through it a second time like I did with part one. Itā€™s my favorite game with Witcher 3. The story in Rise of the tomb raider came together very well at the end. Awesome game.

One gripe I had, crystal dynamics did their best, but I felt my xbox one was hindering the gameā€™s graphical performance. It felt at times like I was playing and watching a gorgeous game through a filter. Things were moving unnaturally slow due to the framerate (?). Maybe just me.

1 Like

I think at times it could have been a bit more polished in that senseā€¦butā€¦ its 10x better than the TR Definitive edition! Which is still great BTWā€¦i started over last night because when i first down loaded Definitive for free i played about 35% and just ran through itā€¦then I couldnā€™t hold out and went and got Rise of the Tomb and started itā€¦ thatā€™s when I realized you needed to try and get all the caches and missions/challenges , ectā€¦

SO i started Definitive over so i could get everything 1st run. The game feels much better and more fun after playing Riseā€¦I love it.

I cant wait for Bab Yaga, and the other 2 parts of the season pass! And they better be making part 3 right now if they are smartā€¦because I guarantee you Rise get top 3 game of the year once everything has died down in a few months.

Now i just started Witcher tooā€¦ man that game is DEEEEP dude! I just beat the witch at the well so Iā€™m literally at the beginning and off to fight the Griffin.

It was very fun. Challenge tombs were a bit disappointing. It was really hit or miss. Some made me feel very clever for solving them, others felt like the game was directly insulting my intelligence.

One of the Tombs is completed in three steps, each of which, Laura will murmur to herself what exactly you have to do.

ā€œThereā€™s a lever, I can shoot itā€
"I need that raft with the crank"
Etc.

If players get stuck because theyā€™ve overlooked a key part of the puzzle her survival instincts ability is plenty enough to get back on track.

Having Laura just tell the players the answers to puzzles is just so self-defeating and unnecessary in a game built around them.

I enjoyed the combat quite a bit. It wasnā€™t very challenging because Laura enters God Mode pretty quickly into the skill tree, but having 1000 ways to effortless take down 10+ enemies is still super entertaining.

2 Likes

Now hat Iā€™m done with Rise of the tomb Raider I have started TR Definitive over and Iā€™m way better at the game when i first gave it a go a couple months ago. I never got past 20% on Definitive before i stopped and move to Rise.

anywayā€¦ this game is great too! Iā€™m almost done with it and Id have to say its every bit as fun as Rise of the tomb raider! The tombs arenā€™t as great but the story and game is amazing! I cant wait for the DLC and part 3!

Best game series Iā€™ve played in man many years!

For Christ mas I got rise, damn game is good! Anyway Iā€™m at like 25%, or close to it. Also I have an assault rifle. Hoā€¦hoā€¦Ho die hard reference, cuz no holiday season is without the chaos of Nakatomi Plaza

1 Like

I picked this up on the holiday sale for digital download. I havenā€™t even turned it on yet, but itā€™s on my list.

1 Like

Man you guys are gonna be hooked once you get into it deep! Try to get all the relics and tombsā€¦ I finished 96% at the end. Ow was it a great time playing that gameā€¦ now on definitive and almost doneā€¦ its just as good! I love the Kinect voice commandsā€¦ saying ā€œShot gunā€ on the fly is just sick!!!

One of the Season pass pieces dropped yesterdayā€¦ Endurance mode or somethingā€¦ plus some new costumes. SO ready for Baba Yaga!

wow waste of money to get the game exclusivity for barely a month and a half. MS is a joke this gen.

A month and a half? Are you sure youā€™re talking about ROTTR? Because that is scheduled to release late 2016 for PS4. Please stop spewing unfair and quite useless vitriol without basis.

Its coming out for PS$? I didnt know that? hmmmā€¦interesting. that means it will be the definitive edition with all DLC content, ectā€¦
I guess if you could wait that long for everythingā€¦but no way I couldā€¦wouldā€¦

THis game is freaking amazing

I think that he is referring to the PC version. I could be wrongā€¦

yes. pc version is out in january. just another half assed decision for them, to waste money on this game.

Dang, entered this topic hoping to see an actual ā€œhey guys I actually enjoyed somethingā€ post from zurgoide, but I probably should have known better.

I wasnā€™t a big fan of the first Tomb Raider reboot, so I gave this game a pass. I might look into it in the summer or something, if itā€™s on sale.

2 Likes

How could you not like TR Definitive? Man, your making a big mistake passing on Rise of the TR. Its the best game I have ever playedā€¦as far as those type of games are concerned. Its absolutely amazingā€¦beautiful, smooth, challenging, fun, in depth, intriguingā€¦just a damn good time!

I just beat TR definitive 2 nights ago. Finished Rise at 97% and Definitive at 96%. Sad that its over to be honest! Working on Uncharted Remastered nowā€¦but its not near as good as TR.

Sorry but I think this kind of games are mediocre, just like uncharted. mgsv even with all its flaws, trumps those 2.

I downloaded the rott trial and loved it, loved the previous part aswell, but just started mgs v and love that too, going to finish it first, but I can imagine not liking eitherā€¦everyone has their preferences.
But I would never call games like rise of the tomb raider mediocreā€¦even if they werent my cup of tea, you could see a lot of love was put into, just like with killer instinct.

2 Likes

Dont mind himā€¦he hates everything

SO how is Metal Gear V? Or the new one? Ive been thinking about trying them./ā€¦ wish i would have DL the free Metal gear when it was available and didntā€¦damn it lol

Metal gear solid v is awesome, it feels huge and technically it superbly madeā€¦it feels better technically than any other game Ive played, and Iā€™ve played a lot ( over a 100.000 gamerscore), it does feel a bit overwhelming though after the awesome prologue, with the open world, mother base management, etcā€¦the game slowly eases you into it, but you cant just pick up the game and play through it like a solid story game like ROTT