Retro costume Poll what do you think?

True, but just because it didn’t flat out state it in the bio does not mean it’s an impossibility.

Something like that I would have figured to be mentioned somewhere.

IMO if they gave retro Orchid a hairstyle similar to the Sadira retro it’d be a bit closer. I know I always say it but Tanya MKX has the perfect retro Orchid hair

All of the characters that arrived in this game are not going to be addressed here, They are mostly good, Though Kan-Ra and Aria have the best. Same with guests.

Jago: Average
Not a fan of the gloves, though the tiger tattoo implies he has this design from the current model. They just changed the cloths and hair. Other than that he’s recognizable to say the leastr.

Sabrewulf: Average
Too Skinny, though considering that the default Sabrewulf is skinny just looks bulky because of the hair and mane

Glacius: Great to Perfect.
It dories look like his KI-2 Glacius. Most of the complaints came from his face and necxk which I think was due to the rigging.

Thunder: Awful.
Looks nothing like the original. But I can see why they did what they did. (I cannot blame the fans of the original outfit for being unhappy though.

Orchids. Average to Good.
It’s okay by design. I’m also fully aware of why they did it. But hey the Orchid fans don’t have it as bad as the Thunder fans.

Spinal: Perfect
It’s a skeleton with a head band. How simple can you get?

Fulgore
I don’t mind the body type. Though face could’ve been better.

TJ Combo: Great.
They really imply the patriotism in this one.

Maya: Good
The hair was tripped because of clipping but they got most of it down.

Riptor: great
Bone rigs aside its very cool. I like the osteoderms and the anklets. Really conveys an out of control monster.

Cinder: Perfect
Most accurate one of all.

Kim Wu: Great
Aside from the change to shorts its mostly accurate.

Tusk: Perfect
They got him down very well in this one.

1 Like

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

[spoiler]I never got the controversy behind thunder’s original design. “It’s racist” What? What do you mean its’ racist? Native American isn’t a race.

“It’s stereotyping” …last I checked that’s what native americans would be looking like. You know the Mohawk, facepaint etc etc.

I mean…I don’t understand.[/spoiler]

1 Like

Thing is, Thunder’s KI1 look didn’t represent a specific tribe of Native Americans, but was rather just an overall mash of stereotypical representation of what Rare thought a Native American looked like. That’s where the racism comes from. It’s like saying all Asians eat dogs and knows Kung Fu. It’s just… bad.

Rare might’ve had good intentions, and yeah, he did look cool. But it was a misrepresentation of the culture and the Native American people.

Native american isn’t a race…there’s no racism there…it’s stereotyping.

… And this is where you completely lost the arguement.

1 Like

Well it’s not. SO…again how is it racist? It’s stereotyping. Big deal.

Native American is indeed a race. It stems from Asia from what scientists can figure out, Mongoloid to be specific, but has evolved into its very own. Just like Inuits is a race of its own.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

They are asian aka “yellow people”. A different group of asian.

I’m not going to encourage this discussion further when you degenerate it with insensitive racial slurs.

Alright, whatever say.

You know, one approach that would have been more appealing with Thunder that may have given fans what they want without being insensitive would to have accessory sets of several varied tribes that would be authentic, but could also be mixed & matched to make the original Thunder design. It may not have given a faithful retro, but it would likely be closer and more widely accepted than what we got.

@anon39655210
That almost soured the thread there. Lets keep it back on topic shall we.

My 3 WORST retros
Wulf
Fulgore
Jago

My 3 BEST retros
Cinder
Spinal
Riptor

Glacius is very close just needs the back of his head fixed

1 Like

Default for most characters look best.

Retro costumes tend to appear as though they are intentionally lower quality. Kan Ra’s retro is an example of that. Sure cool he is a mummy and it takes the “Retro” aspect literally but that’s all it does. It doesn’t look like they tried to spruce it up and make it look appealing. It feels like that was how most costumes were made outside of the default ones. It feels like they just came up with the concept and immediately churned out the product while the default feel like they had constant modifications to add little details and extra polish.

Same can be said about the character intro on the character select. Seems like they had a cool idea with the character select animation and they were super excited with it when they made Fullgore’s and then they realized it took a lot of time and effort and just canned it and did the must generic rush job for the rest of the cast.

Sadira has the worst Retro and accessories. Why Double Helix why?

2 Likes

Retro costumes sucks!

LOL well thanks for that

i agree with this…

but racsicst stereotypes? yeah i understand what it means but i wasn’t at all upset with the Gay guys in GTA it actually made me lol.

if you cant poke fun at yourself life is kinda boring!

I dont think a mohawk was the most offensive thing ive seen in a game and im sure all of the native Americans that play KI wouldn’t be too unhappy if it was optional.

its also a stereotype that all women are thin, with massive ■■■■■, fit and attractive but we keep designing those :smiley: