Retro costume Poll what do you think?

Hey guys

Just a bit of fun here. Let’s poll what we think of the preset non accessorised retro.

I know that season 3 isn’t finished but we do have all returning characters and theres enough to vote on as it stands

Over in my Gargos impressions poll retros have come up once or twice they seem to be a topic of controversy within the KI community.

PLEASE REMEMBER: People who hate things are usually quite vocal but let’s see if that’s true for the rest of the community.

If you don’t want to be dragged into an argument? Then just drop your vote into each character to give us a clear indication of what the majority of the community actually feels about them.

Not everyone wants a voice but by voting you can show how you feel.

:chart_with_upwards_trend: :chart_with_upwards_trend: :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Keep voting :heartbeat:

#Jago’s retro

[poll name=1]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Sabre Wulf’s retro

[poll name=2]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Glacius’s retro

[poll name=3]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Thunder’s retro

[poll name=4]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Sadira’s retro

[poll name=5]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Orchid’s retro

[poll name=6]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Spinal’s retro

[poll name=7]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Fulgore’s retro

[poll name=8]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Tj Combo’s retro

[poll name=9]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Maya’s retro

[poll name=10]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Kan-Ra’s retro

[poll name=11]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Riptor’s retro

[poll name=12]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Agano’s retro

[poll name=14]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Hisako’s retro

[poll name=15]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Cinder’s retro

[poll name=16]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Aria’s retro

[poll name=17]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Rash’s retro

[poll name=18]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Kim Wu’s retro

[poll name=19]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Arbiter’s retro

[poll name=20]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Tusk’s retro

[poll name=21]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Mira’s retro

[poll name=23]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Gargos’s retro

[poll name=24]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

6 Likes

I only use Mira’s retro with the mohawk set.

For the rest of the characters, though some of the retros are alright, most of them are just not very good looking. Even if they are spot on the original looks from the past games, I just don’t think they look very good in this modern game with modern graphics. They’re rather boring and unappealing to me. I MUCH prefer the default outfits for ALL the characters.

Note: I do prefer Jago’s bodytype more in his retro though, than in his defeault. The more slim and athletic look fits him better than the beefed up Mortal Kombat ninja body type that is his default.

1 Like

I never use the retro’s. They’re all…I’ll pass. Some however are more…less pleasant then others though.

2 Likes

Lool u bit.ch LOL

Well they just look…less appealing then the defaults. I mean Sadiras and ARIA’s are…yeah…

Don’t even get me started on the accessories.

2 Likes

Let us know how u voted guys!!

Heres how mine go guys not too bad across the board!

Season 1 is definitely the worst. Season 3 for me is doing ok but mainly due to Rash and Arbiter being IPS.

Jago: Great

SW: Average

Glacius: Great

thunder: Not amazing

Sadira: Awful

Orchid: Not amazing

Spinal: Perfect

Fulgore: Awful

TJ: Perfect

Maya Perfect

Kan-Ra: Great

Riptor: Perfect

Aganos: Perfect

Hidako: Average

Cinder: Perfect

Aria: Not great

Rash: Perfect

Kim Wu: Average

Arbiter: Perfect

Tusk: Great

Mira: Average

Gargos: Great

Cinder and Spinal probably come off the best in the retro costume stakes, considering they really capture how the original characters looked the best. I also like that all the female characters get haircuts in their retro costumes to represent the lack of technology to create realistic hair back then, also most of them have 90’s Goth vibes going on, so cool!

Aria’s is probably the only alt I’d pick over her default, because the Cyberman vibes are pretty darn cool and she has a nice default colour scheme.

Wulf looks pretty bad, but also pretty close to how he actually looked back in the original games, it really does look like they dropped a bunch of his polygons, which I guess would be accurate, at least.

Everyone else’s is pretty cool, none I have a real problem with, except Combo, but that’s more of a personal preference along the lines of "sigh, another boxer character who looks and plays like every other fighting game boxer character."
It may have been the style at the time, but I just can’t get behind the “clone boxer character” trope. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who is Kand Ra?

Omen and Shagos are my favorite retros :stuck_out_tongue:

I like them all pretty much except for Wulfs, Aria, Orchids, Hisako’s and Mira’s. (I think Mira’s should have been when she was in the Nights-guard and not a young vampire. VAMPIRES DO NOT AGE!!!)

Hisako’s being the worst out of them all IMO. Oh its so bad. When I read Hisakos back story…I do not picture her to be wearing that teenage out fit… she should have been wearing the same outfit she died in, just not torn and ragged. She should be clean, same length hair but maybe up in a bun with the sticks through the bun.

I dont like Aria’s either. She just looks strange… like she wouldn’t even be able to function. The stomach and head area are mainly what I dislike.

But overall, I dont think its a problem that needs to be changed…It is what it is. I just dont use those costumes.

If they ever do Omen I think he should be that wolf like picture that is Gargos on Shagos player emblem and Instinct.
Shago should have a Shadow retro Jago skin.

3 Likes

id love to see an omen that morphed into other characters to do the moves. so smoke (blue power stuff) into shadow Jago for the slide or for the scratch SW etc.

Omen should be much more of an enterty. His shape should move more imo!

`

4 Likes

Hahaha…ha I’m sad now :disappointed_relieved:.

1 Like

Before I share, are we basing our opinions on how faithful they are to the costumes in which they are based (for character from the old games) or just what we think of them as standalone costumes @WandaMaximoff?

Right so eveyone can base their votes how they wish but i have gone with the ethos that was set by DH.

These retros are “based” on the originals.

I ask myself things like. Do these things add to the character design? Do they add to the story of the character? Do they show the character in a new but fitting light?

So for example:

Riptors retro is in no way the same as the old model but it has the following:

Great textures that are based on the orignal
Less mechanical more organic
Based on old concept art for the character
Generally looks amazing
Looks scary

But on the other hand Fulgore:

Looks like plastic
Hes really fat and bulky
Texture work is lazy
No reflections
Doesnt look special at all
Joins are all wrong.
Head is the complete wrong shape
resembles toy robot more than killing machine.

Can we have buttcheek Orchid from KI2?

3 Likes

Is there a way to get my vote results without having to go through them one by one?

With that said, I love almost all the retros. Spinal, Glacius, Cinder, Maya, Jago, Tusk, and Kim Wu would have to be my favorites. In game Sabrewulf looks pretty good, but close up is a hot mess.

I also still wish Thunder would have a true retro, I just dont agree with the reasoning they give for his updated retro look, but I respect what they are trying to do with it…even if he does look like a completely different character.

I also wish Orchid was tweaked just a bit, her hair and maybe even the KI2 option would be interesting to see, they did the work on it already from the Killer Instinct: Ultra Fan Book.

2 Likes

Man, I wish sometimes that the American developers were like the Japanese ones that don’t give a ■■■■ about being accused of over sexualizing video games.

Buttcheek Orchid was cool and it remind me of those teenage days when I was starting my masturbation career

4 Likes

LOL u tard.

I thought she just wooe that because it was more comfortable :smile:

2 Likes

Do it one by one like I have above show us what you voted :smile::smile:

Copy and paste mine if u need too

Out of all of them cinder aria arbiter all have retrospective that are better than the base

Riptor sPinal gargos tusk cinder and glacius and tj
All have spot on retros

Fulgore is average along with mira and rash

Everyone else below par in my book