Retro Alts not exact copies of original costumes

No I love KI, I just don’t like how it’s being treated.

1 Like

And how is it being treated, would you say?

Other fans on here have already said it for me.

Well, that doesn’t really add to the discussion…

I know right? Well if it helps a little, Some of them have even been flagged (including myself) for speaking the truth.

Your opinion doesn’t equal the truth, so don’t try to present it as such.
And the reason those posts are getting flagged is because the majority of the community is getting sick of hearing people whine about the retros not being “picture perfect”.

2 Likes

For being fans of the classics, They’re whining is understandable.

No, it’s understandable to you and a loud handful of others. There have been dozens of polls and hundreds of pages of posts on this topic. For fans of the classics, the general consensus is Fulgore and Sabrewulf are terrible, Glacius was close, Jago is a bit weird, Orchid’s hair is awful, and starting with S2 and IG taking over they really began hitting the retros out of the park.

I can give you at least a couple reasosn why retros look like the way they do.

Riptor, Glacius, Cinder, Fulgore.
These characters do not have an exact replica because eof the bone rigging system, this is why she has a bigger head and a segmented tail. That’s why Cinder has an extra (though hardly noticeable,) thumb on each hand. That’s why Glacius’s neck looks like the way it does. Fulgore was the same way.

Maya’s hair wans’t long because of clipping, so ya gotta admit they were trying to keep it long. f people weren’t complaining about something else with Maya, people would be complaining about the clip through hair. Orchid, I think may have had little to do with bone rig, but something about trying to make her design toned down to make it more purchasable for parents, So the same could be said about Kim-Wu. (Not that I necessarily agree with it)

That being said, I don’t agree with every decision they made. While I liked the ankle cuffs on Riptor’s retro which presents her as an out of control creature as described in Riptor’s storymode. The segmented tail was disappointing, but not all bad.

I do however agree on the Thunder retro, it looks very little like him. Nothing was truly done to resolve it. But we cannot do anything about it now.

This is not the reason at all. Please do not spread this misinformation as it is false.

Because they consulted an actual tribe leader for constructing Thunder’s look that was already mentioned in an earlier post by one of the developers.

1 Like

They didn’t get fired. They were hired to make season 1, before MS/DH could negotiate a season 2 DH got bought up by Amazon because they (Amazon) were wanting to start breaking onto the gaming scene.

More threads like these huh?..

@VeganOrganism

Read the following post and you’ll see why not everyone can look like the way do:.

Best explanation ever.

The dude is a troll. Every thread he touches is the same. He resurrects this thread in order to post a bunch of nonsense and get everybody hopping around again. I would just ignore him until he gets himself banned.

So that sarcasm went right over y’alls heads then, even with the angel face at the end.

Well, the genuinely good guys (although you knew I was kidding) jumped on it trying to explain away, which is good because I didn’t even know about that bone rigging system…

…and the negative guys jumped on it with their negativity.

All you negative guys do is expose yourselves, that bait might as well have been poisoned. Zero mention for you.

Anyway yeah, I am all for cutting hair if it clips too much. SFV’s clipping hair and jewelry looks horrible!

Either way, most of those Retro Costumes depress me.

Orchid and Maya are less sexy than they used to be.

Skimpy Sadira throws that ‘parental guidance’ reasoning right out of the window for sure, so don’t even bother with that line of theory anymore…

Honestly, I stopped looking at the retro costumes after I saw Jago’s cupless bikini wear, and flea-bitten SabreWulf.

I think I caught a glimpse of Cinder’s and it was good, but, MAN, some of them are downright terrible and if they can’t change them, well, then it’s just a minor fail set in stone.

I mean, it’s just retro costumes, right?

You haven’t even looked at all of them and you are criticizing? Its easy to hop on the “all season 1 retros suck” bandwagon, but at least look at everything first.:expressionless:

Now you’ve decided to put words in my mouth, because I only discussed the ones I saw.

That’s all i’m capable of doing. I clearly stated that after I saw Jago’s and SabreWulf’s terrible Retro Costumes, I face-palmed and moved on in life, lol!

Are you the conductor for the “all season1 retros suck” bandwagon? I’ll take a pass, thanks.

I refused to look at most of the others, the ones i’d purchase, look terrible, and I moved on.

I can only imagine how bad some of the others look though. sigh

If they could mess up Jago, they could mess up anyone.

I didn’t put any words in your mouth. You said you stopped looking at retros after you saw Jagos and Wulfs. You later said you “caught a glimpse of Cinder’s retro” which would lead anyone to believe you haven’t looked at all of them aside from the ones you specifically mentioned.

If you refused to look at most of the others, than I will refer you back to my main point, “don’t criticize without looking at all of them.”

No I’m not, quite the opposite actually. But whenever retros are brought up, it always spirals back to that discussion.