Rational Discussion of Three Stages for Season 3 Thread

There are often threads on the forums saying the game should look better. I am fine with them as well but an upgrade is great, just like S1 to S2.

I agree they could make some retro costumes look better. Where does it say retro costumes aren’t going to be retouched for S3?

Speaking solely for myself - I’ve got more than enough stages to choose from, and a few favorites that take up a good 80% of my gameplay. I’m good on stages.

I’d rather have other saucy awesomeness… like more characters (including new originals), online training mode/general training optimizations, ranked optimization, UI optimization, maybe some new accessories, etc.

4 Likes

What makes you think they won’t have stage artwork? Making those are so much easier than making real stages it isn’t funny. All we know is that literally the 3 stages are the Only bad news and everything else is “buffs” as they were called. Assuming anything else are going to be cut is like drowning in waist high water. Please just stand up on your legs and realize that yes your wet but this isn’t enough to do any irreparable damage.

Even if the price for that drops, the PC port will cover pretty much most of the expenses from what I can tell, since they need to buy all 3 seasons to catch up with the rest of us.

S1 & 2 are pure profit from here on out for them, at least for those fresh to the game on Xbone.

The only kick in the stones that I see here is if they pull a Destiny and sell S1&2 for next to nothing for those that buy S3 in one full package.

Does anyone else remember that big middle finger from Bungie/Activision?

This really is unhealthy for me.

Was just reading on Neogaf that SFV is doing terrible in sales. It would explain why KI doesn’t just get a huge budget, fighting games still don’t have the mainstream respect of shooters.

That being said, I knew it was going to be a mistake for them not to make an Xbox version. Now they have less sales and the risk that with little competition on Xbox, KI can grow comfortably and eventually become a serious threat to SF.

1 Like

Well anyways, the new lighting is going to make all the stages “Like New”!

Imagine Hisako’s stage with the new lighting! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Older things get discounted all the time. I don’t know why this would be different. They gave away S1 for free last month on X1.

The compensation you get is that you have been playing the game for much longer. If I had waited until January to get KI season 1 I would have missed out on 500+ hours of gameplay.

1 Like

I’m very disappointed. the stage Ultras are my favorite part of this game. The Stages are more important to me then playing PC people in cross play or even playing online in general.

I haven’t played an online match since Christmas. I made Killer status and have nothing else to prove.

This is true. I’ve missed out a lot on Season 1 and 2 for certain characters because I usually wait until around Christmas time for the big KI discounts.

I just recently had my Killer Ranked wiped by a bug or something. Landed in gold and am now working my way back to Killer using only Shadow Jago, a character I only had as level 10, he’s currently level 26. It kind of feels good going back up using characters you don’t usually use.

Fair point man, and anyone that missed that offer will need to fork out. Opportune moments I suppose.

I know it makes sense to do a 3 season all-in-one package, but not day one.

sigh Alright, I’ll relent.

Just going to wait for “Buff city” I suppose. No point really keeping this up.

Buff city is coming. I’m sure they will show you something that you like soon. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Ok. We offically need a KI Shirt that says “Buff City”. :smiley:

3 Likes

or “Stay Tuned”.

1 Like

Maybe that’s where Orchid’s stage is located?? Or the Ultratech headquarters??

elz yeah

2 Likes

I think that’s the Windows Phone shirt.

2 Likes

I like windows phone, but damn if that isn’t accurate. lol

Yeah I had one and then tried to update to the latest version via a preview build but it fried my phone. Metro PCS didn’t have any more of them so now am on Android.

im just waiting for wp10 to be “officially” released *sigh