Rash is Broken please Nerf

Yeah, I would like to go a few rounds when our schedules line up! That would be a lot of fun.

When Rash does the Wrecking Ball, would a simple down+HP uppercut work after blocking?

You should be able to do D+HP even BEFORE blocking if you have the right timing; remember that in S3 grounded heavies bust through armor, so you should be able to use that to knock Rash right out of Wrecking Ball.

Now, is it the best option? I couldnā€™t tell you because I donā€™t really know how to play Fulgore or Rash. But donā€™t discount the S3 heavy change.

4 Likes

Actually, grounded heavies will trade with air specials, not win. They do blow through the armor, but because they have no invulnerability, and specials have 1 extra value of priority over heavy normals and aerial moves have 1 less value they trade.

So, unfortunately AAā€™ing with grounded heavies isnā€™t a good option against rashā€™s wrecking ball =/

1 Like

Just block wrecking ball and punish. Itā€™s easier than ever now.

He canā€™t use this move to get in. Maybe thereā€™s some super funky spacing that makes punishing a little weird but I guarantee that the Rashes you are fighting online are not doing this.

3 Likes

The hard ones for me are when he gets right behind you so the reaction time still has you facing forward right before he lands a cross-up hit. Makes inputting any reversal inputs a bit risky.

1 Like

Heā€™s plenty minus for players to learn this lesson, itā€™s your job to make them realize the stuff they do after a blocked special doesnā€™t actually work, otherwise they have no reason to stop doing it.

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly certain I have knocked Rash out of Wrecking Ball with heavies before, but maybe itā€™s different if he doesnā€™t jump first before he inputs the move?

Or I could be wrong, I have said many times I fight by instinct/intuition rather than careful lab work and study lol

Well, you probably hit him during startup or recovery frames, Iā€™d say? Dunno.

Either that, or something weird happened xD if it was the grounded version of wrecking ball, it shouldnā€™t even trade, the ball should always win, according to the prority rules.

Even grounded, I think wrecking ball tracks as an ā€œairā€ special. And Iā€™ve definitely down+HPā€™d him out of it before without it trading. Not entirely sure why, as Iā€™d have assumed a trade as well, but Iā€™ve certainly done it before.

As a Sadira main, I just jump over the Wrecking Ball. Nothing like seeing an annoyed Frog realize that I can be just as cheap as he can be. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, depending on the distance and timing, it is possible to hit his hurtbox while remaining outside his hitbox, now that I think about it.

He only has a hitbox ahead of him and slightly below him. Directly beneath him and behind thereā€™s no hitbox, so maybe thatā€™s what happened?

Doesnā€™t seem like itā€™d be reliable though, considering the different angles and speeds, and taking into account he can do it at any height in his jump =/

I must be a jabroni or something, because I hardly ever use that move. I use it for a wall splat ender to setup for more nonsense in the corner, or to get them closer to it when theyā€™re a little past mid screen. I definitely prefer using the tongue as a movement option as opposed to jumping around like a dingle and using wrecking ball. I also do that thing with the left and right on the control stick, cause footsies are fun, and being a smash player, I know all about left right nonsense.

1 Like

Oh, itā€™s certainly not reliable. I tried it out at the very beginning of S3 when Rash launched, before I figured that Sakoā€™s down+HP post block was largely a better option. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

rash would have been so good if he wasnā€™t so Brain dead to play I honestly feel to quit the game sometimes when fighting against him. Rash, shago, omen and Gargos are just completely random characters in s3 . Who really enjoys those match ups

1 Like

Is hating Rash the new thing?

I remember when Jago was considered brain dead.

As far as my online experience goes, Rash doesnā€™t even exist.

Maybe heā€™s just not common in Killer or something.

Yeah heā€™s nowhere in killer. And when one does show up they donā€™t do any of the stuff people complain about because they understand how bad wrecking ball is, and they know not to press buttons when theyā€™re - on block. But at lower ranks its wrecking ball spam all day.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually love three out of these four characters but I rarely enjoy playing against them or watching match footage of these characters. Just my opinion.

I remember Wulf.

2 Likes