Rash is Broken please Nerf

Wouldn’t you also be able to escape by backdashing after the boot? It wouldn’t work in the corner but anywhere else you’ll be out of the range of the jabs and since rash continues his auto combo even on whiff he’ll be stuck in the animation for a little bit letting you get a punish.

Rash send like he has a really tough string based on that.

It’s hard to tell, but not impossible. Startup is longer on heavy boot than it is on medium boot.

Heavy normals go through armor. As Aganos, use cr.HP. it will hit Rash out of his anything. You have armor that will ignore wrecking ball. Use it.

Kim’s normals are all stubby, so you can’t say that something is op just because she can’t hit it. Use your heavy dragon kick.

Rash is broken, Fulgore is broken, Shago is broken, Tusk is broken, and it goes on and on and on.

We can read that all days long on the forum. People complaining about tons of broken characters.

I just want to say: “KI I IS MADE OF BROKEN CHARACTERS AMONG OTHER BROKEN CHARACTERS”.
This is the philosophy of KI3 !!!
This is why KI3 is so intense, fun and interesting, because ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE POWERFUL in their own way.

The only issue that occurs is NOT KNOWING THE MATCH UP (which means having a better defence at the end…). Nothing else, nothing more, not a matter of balance. The game is already very well balanced.
NOT KNOWING THE MU IS THE REAL ISSUE OF ALL THOSE COMPLAINS ABOUT BROKEN CHARACTERS.

Let’s be honest; in the hands of a good player (even not very good), even a low tiers character could break you down if you don’t know the MU. It’s that simple and obvious.

GUYS, BEFORE COMPLAINING, LEARNING THE MU IS THE KEY.

8 Likes

Actually at midscreen you can backdash after boot. That makes this quite a bit more tolerable. I still think it’s silly that he’s that plus on block, but it isn’t as insurmountable as I had initially thought except in the corner.[quote=“Frodo54, post:43, topic:9273”]
Kim’s normals are all stubby, so you can’t say that something is op just because she can’t hit it. Use your heavy dragon kick.
[/quote]

Heavy Punch beats Heavy Dragon Kick clean. However I think this is a Kim Wu issue not purely a Rash issue, so like I said, the Wrecking Ball and corner kick stuff is stuff I think is a little wonky but I am content to let slide.

Not broken, not OP, easily punished on most moves…
OP… stahp…I hear your popular for complaints round these parts.

Community isnt that big,but consistent complaining from what is here will ruin the game…

S3 already has enough… issues -_-

Come with video proof or quotes from people that matter… Or I’ll nerf your keyboard so that it only types good things.

3 Likes

Haha that last line.

I haven’t lost yet to a Rash with Aganos. Aganos kinda makes Rash players have to think.

2 Likes

Oh snap, time for a match :slight_smile: … I like thinking.

I leveled rash to 50, figured he’d be my season 3 character. But I have to admit I feel pretty scrubby with what I can get away with so I’ve since dropped him. He deserves to be a little more negative on some of his moves.

3 Likes

I’d be willing to put money on the fact that Rash gets some pretty significant nerfs in the future.
IG managed to create a character that can do everything that they seemed to have been trying to eliminate from the game since they took the reins, i.e., mindless offense with little reason to think about repercussions.

3 Likes

^ Well put.

• Becomes a moderator > deletes thread *

The only thing OP about Rash is his taunt! Everyone else wishes that their taunt had the magic and power his does. Thrust thrust thust dance dance dance!!!

1 Like

Can you guys provide specific examples of how he’s too safe and how his offense is mindless? Makes it easier to discuss things than just generalizing.

2 Likes

THIS.

Rash players sometimes run on autopilot, but thats called “pressure.” Make him stop and then see what happens.

1 Like

Dragon Kick does not go through armor. Aganos can’t escape wrecking ball into j.mk with a heavy button either, and you definitely can’t dash out of wrecking ball to escape if they use a crossup button. I don’t know where you got any of this information. Also what he’s referring to as “inescapable” is a frame trap that can be done infinitely until you have meter to shadow counter or have an invinicible reversal. It’s not a juggle, you can’t break it.

Also I’m pretty sure Rash’s medium boot run cancel is + on block not neutral (Most likely +1) as his jab is 4 frames and stuffs Jago’s 4 frame jab (If it was neutral it would trade) Light boot run cancel is even more + than that as well.

I think it’s clear that boot run cancel being so plus is a bug. It’s way too good for what else Rash can do. As a defender, you have no answer without a super risky defensive challenge. He can loop it forever (and go into wrecking ball, jump tongue, or throw to bait all sorts of things at any time).

Wrecking ball is either terrible (if you have a free meterless answer to it, like a DP), or extremely good (if you have a tall hitbox, not super good low profiling moves, or need meter). It’s not that great on approach, but it is pretty good in some really odd situations that, again, force people to just sit there and eat it until they get meter or whatever their answer is. It also requires a very oddly specific answer (Arbiter needs to cr.HP it on block, for instance… something that doesn’t make much sense and doesn’t work in the corner and still loses to certain Rash jumping normals) that a lot of people will never find because they aren’t lab monsters and don’t read forums. So they’ll get chewed up by it. I think they wanted wrecking ball to be bad, and it… kind of is, except in a few rare situations where it’s extremely good.

We’ll see what the devs do going forward, but I would almost consider changes to these two tools to be bug fixes. And you don’t have to change them much, you just make wrecking ball slightly less safe somehow (lower block stun? I dunno) and you make boot run cancel -2, -4, and -5 or whatever instead of plus. (To be clear, IMO boot run cancel should never be 0 or better on block, for any strength)

5 Likes

Wait why? It’s the only thing he has that’s plus.