Random Character Tournament Vol. 4: Halloween Edition 🎃 (CONCLUDED)

OH FFS LOOOOOOOOL

Of course that was coming

this reminds me of the logo of robin from batman lol

Wait, what if I do one for each Character!?!?!?!? just let me know who should be what color (hype hype hype hype hype)

Good idea actually.

I’m dying with laughter right now

I could use the colors from @Infilament 's guide as a template maybe.

1 Like

i need some candy with omens colors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And Ravan’s custom logos with effects around them.

E.g. Mira’s blood for her logo.

That would take a while if you are asking me to do that kind of think on the random character logo. I was just talking about a re-color.

1 Like

What can i say? Hard workers need a little rest every now and then

3 Likes

Yeah, not a fan of zoning, but moreso I just hate playing slow characters. I like to be able to move around in neutral - having floaty jumps and bad walk-speed really isn’t my thing. :-p

2 Likes

Meanwhile you use the character with the slowest wallk speed in the entire cast Kappa Kappa Kappa.

4 Likes

Wut?

Edit: dang, Crainiak beat me to it

3 Likes

Hisako has options though

1 Like

Lol
everyone is more than free to think that Hisako is slow

Makes them a heck of a lot easier to run up on and command grab :yum:

1 Like

:laughing: omg you beat me to it

I still don’t think hisako has footsies. She can control space. And run up on you real quick.

Eh? What is “footsies” if not space control through the use of normals? The ability to quickly walk backwards and forwards is largely ancillary to the equation, valid only inasmuch as it facilitates a character moving into and out of their own effective range while staying outside their opponent’s effective range.

Hisako may not be able to walk in and out of her effective ranges, but she can certainly move within them. She abides by “traditional” footsies more than most of the KI cast I’d say - at the very least, she isn’t going to clear half the length of the screen with an unreactable, high priority special.

I think hisako is good at controlling her own ranges but enforcing that on the opponent is hard without spacing the dashes (Imo). The walk in and out is intricate in knowing what space your opponent is willing to control to and attack while you’re tying to get in. If the opponent has good reaching Normals and better walk speed (sabrewulf, orchid, sadira, fulgore on ice, aria) then they can maintain their offense and defense. Hisako cannot maintain defense unless she sacrifices her approach and pressure.

The dash is really good but that’s the only thing that can close in on the opponent from the ground which can make your great medium and heavy normals go to use. If you walk, your normals will be to slow to establish anything and your opponent has more options to defend then attack.

Perhaps I shouldn’t have said she doesn’t have footsies, but now that I think of it, it’s very hard to enforce that with her without movement that doesnt commit to much space for your opponent to punish or defend.

I know it’s not really my place to say, but your logo, although a great design overall, seems to lack detail when compared to the official KI logo. Could you make it as detailed as the official 1?

You mean like with different colors and shaders? I think that’s a decent suggestion.