Random Character Tournament Vol. 4: Halloween Edition šŸŽƒ (CONCLUDED)

yup you right i forgot :frowning: oh well color 11 is better then nothing :slight_smile:

We are not characters! We are players!

ā€¦although some might suggest that Iā€™m quite a character. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You are right

In BOTH points

2 Likes

Thereā€™s plenty of ways to have fun with friends outside of tournaments, ya knowā€¦

Quite frankly, with that in mind, Iā€™m surprised more of you donā€™t play with me in OTHER gamesā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, like playing with people who is your friend in a non official tournament between friends! Even with random characters to make it more challenging!

If only there would be something like thatā€¦

3 Likes

Too soon to tell, I already have a little Mira walking about, so wouldnt mind a Maya, since she really wants a lil sister.

But Iā€™m careful with my hopes so far, its still in the early stages, its not unusual for things to go wrong there, once we get the 8 week ultrasound, Iā€™ll be a lot cooler about the whole thingā€¦

1 Like

He got codes - this was a sponsored tournament.

look man as i said its not about the codes is about the challenge and having fun

1 Like

Even though i am still salty over losing to MBA_CYMRU (sorry for any accusations i was just salty) in the first loser bracket round i still had alot of fun in the tournament
Just signed up for Vol 5 and hopefully i get a better character

ā€¦and Iā€™m suggesting that many canā€™t have fun against such great odds against them. We had 48 viewers today. Of those 26 were participants. Those are not good numbers. Donā€™t you want this thing to grow? I certainly do.

The prop players can have 8-bit. I want something that is accessible (and winnable) by most of the participants, not just a select few.

@PVXenoraptor can you link me sign up for volume 5?

And you want one of these codes, and pro players doesnā€™t allow you to get them right? letā€™s ban them

Sarcasm ends here

The codes are a nice extra, but thatā€™s not the same that a standart sponsored tournament. Take it as you want Geek, but only you are demanding less skilled players as opponents, because you donā€™t care for the fun. YOu care for the win, and ultimately, prize

2 Likes

I donā€™t care about the prizes. Are they nice? Yes, but I donā€™t need them nor really want them. I care aboutā€¦

Drum roll please.

recognition.

ā€¦and not just for me - I want it for us, for this tournament series, for this community, and for this game. I want to get the word out there.

1 Like

Yes, because Iā€™d much rather play against the jerks who poison twitch chats just because itā€™s harder.

8 Likes

I donā€™t even care whether we stream it or not - it just happens to be a great way to spread the word out about how great this game really is (in addition to allowing the participants to watch). If you donā€™t like the Twitch chats, disable them and let the game speak for itself!

With XBLā€™s new streaming capabilities around the corner, we may not even need Twitch. Heh, Beam me up anytime.

1 Like

The issue here is that not everything has to be EVO size/famous.

This is a friendly tournament. More people watching it is always cool, but if you think banig best players will increase itā€™s ā€œrecognitionā€, you are wrong.

And about your recognition, one (friendly) advice: if you are trying so hard, you are not doing it right. I give more props or I root more with low skilled players that achieve something hard than better players who wins one equal.

If you want to be recognised for beating worse opponents than youā€¦ well, your call, not mine. And neither the tournamentā€™s call

3 Likes

Once again like o said in the twitch chat not every single player was watching the stream, hell probably only half since I didnā€™t see many names appearing in the chat later in the stream since alot of them either left after they were eliminated or were silent.
Just because they were not alot watching doesnā€™t mean we should get rid of the ā€œpro playersā€

1 Like

Anyone who thinks tournaments arenā€™t for winning doesnā€™t get the point of tournaments. Yes, you can use them to have fun, learn, and improve, but there is still only 1 ultimate goal - and only 1 person can achieve that in each tournament. All of the other stuff you can do without having a tournament, or prizes. Forum Battles proved this.

Personally I donā€™t like that losers wasnā€™t streamed but I guess it makes sense since too many people were dropping out.

Wining is the goal, but not at any price.

And you are willing to put an expensive one

1 Like