Random Character Tournament Vol. 4: Halloween Edition šŸŽƒ (CONCLUDED)

Thanks for the stream, it was an interesting watch, I was flicking back and forth between this and the tekken 7 finals at Canada cup. BTW Iā€™m not @BiyemAssi237 he played really well and deserves his recognition, I didnā€™t actually enter.

The discussion that has arisen since the tournament ended is absolutely ridiculous and disrespectful.

6 Likes

Exactly! We lost an opportunity there! And only because it was convenient for them!

I beat blandestjohn but lost to coopstar, neither set of matches was streamed, it kind of felt pointless.

Disrespectful!? I have nothing but respect for this series! Why do you think I want it to grow and afford more opportunities for others, if not out of respect!

Iā€™m not asking players like Sonic and others to quit or not have fun - what I mentioned about pros and top 32 players was only a suggestion (albeit a bad 1, and I realize that now). Only to take a break for a while to allow newcomers into the series.

Also, itā€™s never been about me beating up on those who may not be as experienced as me. If it meant growing the scene, I would happily step aside if asked.

Exactly, yet again! If itā€™s not shown, or there isnā€™t the feeling of a chance to win, then whatā€™s the point? I had it, and then lost it the moment I realized Sonic was still in it to win it. Itā€™s that sense of hopelessness I donā€™t want others to feel if they enter this series.

1 Like

This thread

See you in RCT Vol. 5

8 Likes

Um, you donā€™t exactly come back from that.

Saying I have nothing but respect for the series means absolutely nothing when you have just claimed that the tournament is rigged and started a discussion that the person who won it shouldnā€™t have been allowed to enter because he is too good. You have actually been disrespectful, saying you have nothing but respect for the tournament doesnā€™t wash that away.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not like I took this tournament effortlessly.

I know the kind of hopeless feeling you have. But not everyone in the world is the same skill level. Youā€™re going to always have that one person in a tournament you fear. If not me, it would be someone else.

If you want to run sets sometime so you eventually learn how to beat me, then fineā€¦but nothing is going to solve your issue with tournaments besides practice. Nobodyā€™s gonna play violins for you.

2 Likes

There was nobody in this tournament that I feared though. Thatā€™s what made me so happy! I had a chance! Then someone backed out and you got in. I wouldā€™ve preferred it if someone else had entered or it was just left empty. We donā€™t have to have 26ā€¦

The only way I win with you in the same tournament right now is if you get eliminated before I ever have to fight you, and because I know your skill, I know that wonā€™t happen.

My issue is not my skill; itā€™s with my mind. I think and care too much to the point of being self-destructive.

1 Like

So who else will be competing in Vol.5?

See, hereā€™s thing. Youā€™re so convinced youā€™re gonna to lose to me that you get salty before you even start the match. Then you lose.

I really donā€™t want to rude (though I think weā€™ve both already crossed the line), but do you think it could be a personal problem? I never saw a single person complain about this in Vol.3 when three people got their mains.

6 Likes

Iā€™m already there, and constantly telling myself to leave this conversation out of it.

ā€¦and who made it to the top of those 3?

You are making it really hard to help you here. Maybe Iā€™m not the best at communicating this, but Iā€™m trying to genuinely solve your problem while trying not lose a friend.

And as you know, I am NOT in the mood for this right now after the stress I just went through.

3 Likes

:sob:

7 Likes

If I wasnā€™t already so, so used to this, I might be insulted by that.

8 Likes

There was nobody in this tournament that I feared though.

10 Likes

I do agree the loser bracket not being streamed made it feel a bit pointless, but to a degree its because all clarity was lost. Last tournament you could follow it and had a clear sense when it was your turnā€¦
Would it be possible to have a seperate stream for the loser roundsā€¦or someway that someone could organise it, send the invites etcā€¦

2 Likes

It would have been longer if Losers were streamed