Primal Rage

So… why don’t we just scale up the gods?

As you can see Sauron is about this big with the human next to him.

because they must be a size big enough to consume humans. Sauron’s whole story revolves around him trying to maintain immortality by eating human flesh.

Also why change the game just to make one guest character work?

3 Likes

SC III was a PS3 exclusive at a time when the PlayStation was deeply in second place in the console war and tie fighting game community was only playing in 360. It had nothing to do with guest characters.

Well yeah. If he says “If I were making the game…” then he gets to make up his rules. What else would he do?

For the record, scaling down Godzilla would be much easier. But I don’t know that it’s worth having an argument over what guest characters would work in a game that is not likely to be made.

I’d be thrilled if they announced a new Primal Rage with or without guests. But the game would be very different from the original by necessity. I very much doubt they could afford to have stop motion animation for the characters, for example.

ACTUALLY… SC3 was a PS2 exclusive. :joy_cat: I own it.

SC4 came out on PS3 and X360 and each had a Star Wars character exclusive to their system (Vader PS3 and Yoda X360).

In terms of Guests… It really would come down to budget. Guests are expensive due to licensees to use said guests.

Let’s use Godzilla as an example. You would have to get Toho and possibly Legenday’s permission. Pay them, and also abide by their terms of usage. Example: Legendary’s vision of Godzilla is that of a hero. He couldn’t be depicted doing villainous things like eating people.

So depending on the studio they simply might not be able to afford it.

1 Like

Godzilla’s Creators wouldn’t be open to the idea of scaling godzilla down either.

I mean, they had him fight King Kong, who was only fifty feet tall in the original movie. But I guess I’m trying to say it’s nit worth it to agonize over the details of a fantasy built in a fantasy. There’s no indication from anyone that primal rage is coming back in any form let alone with guest characters.

100% my bad. That ■■■■ was a long time ago, lol. It went from SC II on Nintendo, MS and Sony platforms to being a Sony exclusive. I remembered that I was mad it was only on PS. I thought I was mad there was no 360 version but I guess I was mad there was no GameCube version, lol. I had a PS2, but I never picked this up. Beyond guests it has some issues (like SCV) where people didn’t necessarily love the gameplay changes too right?

Well they had to beef king kong to Godzilla’s 50 meter size to make it a fair fight. Kong was 30 feet in his original movie.

and of course there is no indication, I’m just stating my own opinion on it.

I still don’t know why the gods just can’t be bigger.

But whatever, apparently it doesn’t matter since theirs no chance in hell this game could EVER make a comeback, apparently.

Because like I said before, why scale up all the gods just to work for one non-canon character?

and the sad thing is yeah Primal Rage is not likely coming back. That’d be awesome if it did though.

I mean… would anyone actually care if they did that? Most movie monsters are around Zilla’s size anyway. Plus it could be a marketing thing. “Back and Bigger than ever!”

Sometimes I don’t think you understand that just because someone says it doesn’t make it so. This is true regardless of whether the statement being made is true. So if I say “a primal rage sequel is really unlikely,” whether I’m right or wrong it’s not the fact that I have said this unpleasant thing out loud that makes a primal rage sequel unlikely.

I’m just trying to offer my thoughts on why it doesn’t make sense to get overly worked up about whether this nonexistent game should have guest characters or not.

I would never let zilla near anything, that was one of the biggest disrespects to Godzilla in existence. Even the lost world T-rex rampage was more of a proper tribute than the 1998 film. Plus, the guests characters are the one’s who should work for the game they are going to appear in, not the other way around.

Heck you wouldn’t make mortal kombat rated E just to add Mario in the game would you? It’s fine if you think Godzilla would be a great addition, I just don’t think it would make sense to change the whole game for just him.

Now it’d be a different story if I was doing a Kaiju Fighting game.

I always felt that primal rage wasn’t coming back before you said that. I’d love to see a Primal Rage reboot and it’d be awesome if it returned.

Ok. First of all. I forgot that ■■■■ Tracey lookin ■■■■ even existed. I was just using it as shorthand for Godzilla. Second… yeah. Okay. Fair point.

Just for clarity from here on out the 1998 Godzilla will be referred to as Gino (Godzilla in name only). :joy_cat:

3 Likes

Ah that explains the misunderstanding. I come a fan base that refers to the 1998 monster as Zilla. But we’re going off topic so we should take it back to Primal Rage now. If we need to talk more on Godzilla we should just make a topic on the forums.

Considering the roster had 7 gods in the first game, they would all make be added in for sure. I’d be like this kind of roster.

The Original 7
Sauron
Blizzard
Armadon
Talon
Chaos
Diablo
Vertigo

From PR II
Slashfang
Nercroson (Final Boss and Unplayable, but could be unlocked if certain conditions were met)

New Gods
Averice: God of Greed,
Pterodactyl/Dimorphidon Hybrid)

Savas: God of War
Spinosarus

Shida: Goddess of Fear
amalgamation of several insects
has a connection with Vertigo.

Bhavarah: Goddess of Protection

Khapale: Goddess of Resolve

2 Likes

Really? 14? That feels a little small.

I tried coming up with some new characters a while ago, but I don’t remember what they were. I’d have to check.

It will start small, but overtime we would add more characters to the roster. But that would be the scenario if I was making the game.

I’am of course curiose to see what you did come up with.

I’ll see if I still have the old files on my laptop.

Alright, I found them. I didn’t really decide what they were gods of. If anything, this is just 15 year old me flexing my dinosaur knowledge.

• Swiftstrike (Gallimimus/Ornithomimus): Speed character
  • Clubtail (Ankylosaurs)
  • Lobus (Dire Wolf)
  • Waterneck (Plesiosaur)
  • Komodus (Komodo Dragon): Poison character
  • Insectovaran (Meganura)
  • Barbos (Caveman)
  • Stomp (Woolly Mammoth)
  • Beak (Pteranodon)
2 Likes

Beak!!! Most epic name ever… I love 15 year old imaginations. :joy_cat:

1 Like