Primal Rage

I still think a couple of those animals could make interesting Primal Rage characters, but they’d need better names.

Also, those names don’t really… line up with the style of naming used for the older gods… like, it feels weird to go from Blizzard and Diablo to Shida and Bhavarah.

Their names have a meaning behind them. Shida means terror in an african language. Bhavarah means protection in another language. Savas means war in Arabic, Averice is a word for greed. It helps to have their name be associated with their titles.

2 Likes

I mean, yeah, that’s cool. But it dosn’t change the fact that the old gods have names like Blizzard, Diablo, Talon, and Vertigo. I feel it should be a bit consistent.

Even the gods names had menaing based on what they did. Not sure where Sauron’s came from, but we can still be more creative with the names we have. Avarice works because it goes with his motives.

Also Diablo’s name is Spanish for devil. So it’s more in line with his title and motives rather than his power. Keep in mind there are examples that we don’t have to call someone silk or wings which is not creative. Vertigo’s name falls in line with her title as being insane.
Avarice’s name means greed. Even Necrosan’s name goes with his motives. Being a bringer of death and destroyer of worlds. I don’t even see how Sauron and Chaos’s names have to do with their powers, or stories. Maybe the team though they were cool and then stuck.

So while Blizzard was named by his ice powers despite his motives and title in the stories, even the gods had names that were inconsistent anyway. Chaos being an example of this.
So while you may find the names don’t fit, I think other ideas might be silly. That being said, Shida’s name having a meaning for fear also adds to her connection with vertigo. Both of them are from the same dimension and both use their powers based on things that can affect the brain. Vertigo has insanity and Shida has fear.

That being said, not all the gods names were consistant in Primal Rage.

Here’s a concept of Savas

and Shida

All of these are concepts done by my brother.

5 Likes

Those look really nice. I’d love to see you take some of my old junk ideas and reimagine them into something cool. I think I had what a few of them were the god of. But it was super obvious. The plesiosaur is the god of the sea, the wolf is the god of the moon, etc.

2 Likes

A giant chicken/rooster would be neat.

3 Likes

that would be hilarious.

2 Likes

Here’s our Talon vs Vertigo Animation.

Jeff and I are making models for the next project as we speak.

3 Likes

This is ridiculously good guys.

1 Like

Thanks. Keep your eyes peeled for the next trailer.

3 Likes

The work for our next animation is still under construction.
In the mean time here is a remake of Talon. The pupils look rounded because it hasn’t been animated just yet.

2 Likes

I would LOVE to see a “Primal Rage” remake, if not a spiritual successor. Maybe the little followers could, depending on the fighter selected, have special traits and do more than merely being consumed, a mixture of offensive and defensive for and against both fighters. For example, for a fighter like Talon who relies on speed, you could have one worshipper that gives a speed boost to him and his attacks or on the flipside causes the opposing party to slow down.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea, though we’d need to ensure the slow down and nerfs and buffs are balanced as well.

Also I played PR II its amazing with its gameplay!

1 Like

Oh definitely!

Yeah, even though 2 made the mistake of using human fighters, the gameplay certainly looks better. Shame that the game had been cancelled, though.

2 Likes

Yup. It is unfourtinate.

1 Like

Here’s hoping that Warner Bros does something with the IP someday, as if I’m not mistaken they’re the ones that currently own it.

1 Like

Sense we saw an arcade machine of it in the retroarcade background of MK11.

1 Like

Oh really? I didn’t realize that they had! I hope, HOPE that is not a troll and that it means something.

1 Like

I think they just threw it in just because. I don’t think it was hinting at anything.

1 Like

Aww. That’s a shame.

1 Like