Post-reveal Kim Wu feedback (spoilers)

This is totally going to be my Phone wallpaper.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to do better ones soon!

Iā€™m sure in the interview with Adam Isgreen he said there will be no more beta characters.

Yeesh, I guess sombody needs a Snickers. lol

2 Likes

I was hoenstly wanting to play tese the new season3 changes

Over all Iā€™m about 85% satisfied with the new Kimwu. I didnā€™t get some off her old moves I loved returning (no high low fire ball ender :cry: ) But I am more than satisfied with Her new additions (Airdash wake up shenanigans :laughing::smiling_imp: ) .
My only gripe is her personality. It seems a little to crass and indignant "Give fate the middle fingerā€¦) That doesnā€™t seem like something the Old Kimwu would do or say. She seems to have lost some of her class and dignity. How ever the donking herself in the head gives her a lot more substance personality wise as it makes the point of her not being as good as she thinks she is. Still though I wish she was less cassie/buffy-ish, especially with her voice.
What really gets my blood boiling is her combat potential. She seems VERY STRONK right now. Canā€™t wait to get her in the lab for some experimentation :heart_eyes:

My last point is I hear a lot of people saying she is ugly. I donā€™t agree with that notion her face is fine to me. It not overly sultry but no where near ugly(very nice lips though). There is still a month or 2 left so Iā€™m sure if the majority still thinks this way then it will be adjusted. Over alI like what I see. HURRY UP LAUNCH DAY !!! HYYYYYYYYPE!!!

She shouldā€™ve spoken in Korean for her trailer like how Hisako dictated Japanese over her trailer

Otherwise I love her. She sounds great in battle. You feel she is using her strength

Kudos to the sound team.

Hope I can hear lots of street noises for atmosphere if I turn the music off in options! Traffic people birds and rustling of canopies and the ELECTRIC NEON SIGNS

I empathize with your feelings on her personality. I was hoping for a mature character. Her personality would make sense if she were 6 years old. I think a college student with tremendous responsibility would show more dignity.

That said, I like her overall. Sheā€™s a cool character and a good addition to the cast.

1 Like

Like I said in the trailer reveal thread:

Pretty cool redesign, her gameplay looks fun and I kinda like her attitude. Sheā€™s like a female version of ā€œJake the American Dragonā€. XD

Her face needs a bit polishing though, imo. Like, her eyes are maybe a bit too close to eachother. But otherwise, she looks cool. Great job, IG!

Iā€™ve never really been a fan of Kim Wu though, but I will definately try her out. Waiting for Tusk. <3

I think IG needs to polish her face bit sort of like they did with the original TJ. Right now her facial structure is a bit masculine, she looks like Bruce Lee with lipstick right now. Everything else was perfect her voice her moves her stage her theme i loved it all

1 Like

Arenā€™t you the guy who gets off on giant women killing things? I can see why youā€™d hate a cocky, bratty 5ā€™1 K/C-Pop heroine.

1 Like

feedback on the dragons: the animation needs to be more dynamic, they look like theyā€™re swimming around in bowl

they need to trail behind Kim when she moving and duck down with her when she crouching

Heh. I plan on playing Kim, so you sure about that? :smirk:

Overall I like her. I like her look, and her gameplay seems really fun and dynamic. Iā€™m very much looking forward to having fun with her dragon-cancels, and her parry will let me fulfill my need to counter things even when not running Hisako :smiley:

Her personality Iā€™m more ambivalent on. I donā€™t actually mind it in-game, but her trailer was very much like the Cinder trailer, where I just found the voiceover annoying. I did watch it multiple times however, and found that it actually grew on me a bit as I saw it on repeat. I actually liked Cassie in MKX, so as long as Kim errs on that side (cocky and obviously having fun with it as opposed to just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  *coughKungJincough *), then Iā€™m good with it. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Well, at least you have Rash with the strong thrust game, Tusk soon, and Arbiter it seems.

1 Like

Iā€™ll share Kim Tech if you do.

SHARING IS CARING

LOL XD Kim Wu mirrors are going to be GODLIKE.

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve proved in the Hisako sub-forum that Iā€™m more than happy to share tech among my fellows :grin::+1:

But like with all my characters, pretty sure Iā€™ll hate Kim mirrors :laughing: Hisako looks like sheā€™ll do very well against her actually.

It does seem that way, but Kim has a lot of buttons that are amazing, and Faints, so Fear to push a button could happen. And you canā€™t counter low anymore and still get a mid or something. So the mixup potential is real. Itā€™s 50-50 it seems. Especially with Dragon Dash Cancels. Plus, if you went for resets, Shadow Dragon Kick (Stomp move thing) beats throws, so A Juggle opportunity arises. And if you get locked out and I have Meter, thatā€™s almost a guaranteed 30%+ Combo.

Lol. Dunno if youā€™ve ever noticed, but I donā€™t actually low counter all that much anyway :laughing: Iā€™ve always had the habit of using high counter unless Iā€™m specifically countering lows - itā€™s terrible practice, but actually means Iā€™ll wind up having very little to retrain in terms of muscle memory.

And Kimā€™s kicks are actually pretty stubby from what I could tell, which means no threat of low from anywhere except pretty close range. Hisakoā€™s buttons are much, much better than Kimā€™s in general at far range Iā€™d be willing to bet.

And shadow dragon kick is just another invincible reversal - Hisakoā€™s got kind of a pretty good cover for those actually. Doubly so if your invincible reversal requires a shadow screen freeze :smiling_imp:

1 Like

So im a big kim wi fan here my so far review:

Voice. 7.5 (rather native tounge and less ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  she feels very sunset over drive)

Look: 8 (she looks a bit gold and her hair could be more animated for me)

Costume: 8 (looks good the detail up close is nice)

Move set: 9 (lots to play with here)

Stage: 9.5 (sky box is a bit flat but all other things are amazing)

Special ability: 9 (love thedragon the constant hits and the reflect fireball. I thibk when she jumps the dragons need an upwards animation they look a bit flat wheb she jumps)

Ultra 9.5 (add a forward role and it would be a 10)

VFX: 7.5 (good but not varied enough i used to like the line effect of kims forward HK rather than everything being an thicker heavier vfx. Maybe make them more translucent they kinda cover her up allot)

Story: 8.5 (so that was my idea for tusk. The descendent of the blood line. I like it its cool how shes a normal girl but id have preferred a woman)

All in all 8.5! A good score that i can see going up! Kim wu is my all time fav.

If i have to compare her to the original id still choose the 90s version. But lets see :smile:

4 Likes