Post-reveal Kim Wu feedback (spoilers)

The significance is the talented people at IG who retained her bright red hair yet it doesn’t distract or subtract from her Korean-Chinese features in the least. Which is very wonderful.

2 Likes

Ostrich,you underestimate me.

1 Like

The trailer dialogue was a bit too corny or me. I cant get through it. Her dialogue and attitude was exactly the thing pop teen power thing some guys wanted.

She’s great otherwise though, I look forward to seeing her accessories and what not.

I think they did a good job on her face because she actually looks asian. It even looks a little puffy.

Nah, I don’t underestimate you. If you are playing Kim as well, I welcome it!

Watch as I discover this crazy unblockable unbreakable vortex that is so unbeatable it will never work.

1 Like

Unblockables and Vortexes are actually removed from the game… Remember? :slight_smile:

So Imagine if it didn’t work. That would be x2 the punishment. Lol

I suggest everyone research Asian girl faces.

I think too many people are used to seeing Chun Li unrealistic faces and Shonen Jump faces of girls.

The designer actually modeled a REAL girls face for this model unlike orchid.

Sadira even had a similar Asian face it’s just that with her yellow eyes it was hard to tell what’s going on

Do you just mean to say you don’t find Asian girls faces appealing?

6 Likes

I agree with this orchid…

She looks good. But i think she could do with a TOUCH more love facial love maybe some good eye make up or somthing to make her look cooler

This shows how good kevins work was back in the day —>

3 Likes

Truthfully im a HUGE janet jackson fan, i wish theyd make a retro JANET FACE LOL!

i hink they made success with the new kim.

3 Likes

I actually can’t wait for the Tech we will find. Kim is going to be fun! Plus, I love Juggles, (Which is why I’m so conflicted between Jago & Shago :unamused:)

And the Juggles that Keits was doing were amazing! He did find it first however… Lol

1 Like

It maybe just me but her face seems to be lacking more expressions. Either that or the facial animation itself seems choppy and that’s why people consider her ugly.

Plus the lack of detail on stream and the new lighting is part of the reason as well, but I still think her facial animation could use more of a kick.

1 Like

Yeah, I hear a lot of flak about her face looking bad and I don’t really get it. I think they nailed the look perfectly for her, that Janet Jackson look isn’t what sat well with me. Plus, we’ve only been watching trailers and streams to see her, when she’s on the TV or computer monitor and being shown in Xbox One or PC engine graphics, then we can make a much better judgement call on whether or not her face needs work. Girl looks good to me though.

2 Likes

The people complaining about her face don’t really know what they’re talking about. They are unfamiliar with real human faces and they want some anime, giant saucer eyed Disney princess.

As for other complaints, every single KI character story is a stereotypical melodramatic trope. It’s unbelievable. Everyone has had a positive reaction to the references to Big Trouble in Little China and every single word that comes out of Kim Wu’s mouth (except for the part about being a girl) could be a Jack Burton line and the same people would love it.

If you are having a strong negative reaction to this story you probably need to look in the mirror and ask yourself what your problem is.

12 Likes

I don’t think anyone here could have said it better. I like this character, and she seems like the first season 3 character of choice for me. Dragon Kicks for days.

1 Like

People with Asian wives thinking they are authority over what Kim should look like

I like her, they’ve done some awesome work bringing her back. Never really liked her old design, the hair was so weird and she looked more African-American than Asian. Her moves are sick, Dragon Cancels are absolutely amazing, the Yun/Yang like crossover throws, and the Cannon! Oh my god the Cannon!
People who complain about her personality, I quote to you, the wise words of sage Ostrich

Naturally, if the story progresses any further, I doubt she’ll retain that sort of personality. Maybe beating Gargos brings her back down to Earth, turning her more into a determined warrior like Jago. Or she totally breaks and becomes insane/paranoid on a higher level than Orchid. Things can change and a lot of can happen with KI’s story.

1 Like

that’s what I love about KI! These references and where they seek inspirations :heart_eyes:

They should give rash’s dance hitboxes being able to KO with for maximum LOLZ

1 Like

My Feedback:

I thought Kim Wu looked awesome! I was expecting to see something very different from her original look (maybe pants, a bun, etc) and figured I would have to hold out for the Retro costume to really get excited, but she looks awesome. I’m glad she still has her same ponytail and same overall silouette, even in her redesigned costume. She’s also the first KI female redesign to show her off belly, which looks nice next to all the free flowing cloth ties and such around her waist. I’m very curious to see more of her accessories, colors, and the retro costume. The only thing I’d remove/change, is the cloth cover on her shoulder, but that’s very minor.

Her moveset looks like a ton of fun! I thought they would’ve saved the projectile-return move for Eyedol, so now I’m going back to being skeptical about his inclusion.

Her stage looks like something straight out of Dead or Alive or Street Fighter, but that’s not a bad thing. The lighting looks great and I’m VERY curious to see how the new lighting looks across the old stages.

As far as the rest of the balance changes - holy ■■■■ this is going to be like learning a whole new game! Combo Breakers don’t cause knockdown anymore = mind blown. Such a small thing that will really change the pace of the matches.

All of the other additions/changes to the rest of the cast is a lot to think about, and a lot to be excited about. So many crazy new moves, lots more juggling, and general damage nerfs across the board seem like they would make the fights last a little longer. Watching the stream, I really wasn’t disappointed or upset about ANYTHING. I don’t know anything about Halo Arbiter so I have no opinion on that, but it already seems like a cooler guest than Rash, so I’m fine with that.

If there was one thing I wish were discussed more, it would be the new gameplay modes. But hell, Season 3 is so close now. I’d expect a lot more news to start coming down the pipelines over the next few weeks.

Great job MS & IG - SUPER excited for S3!

6 Likes