Poll: Frequency of character dossier drops

I’ve been needing one more dossier for Omen since the SL beta… a tad too infrequent if you ask me.

To be fair, I’ve been grinding the same team based on success just to purchased the high-priced Killer Packs.

I could play characters I don’t ever used to unlock their archives like Mira, Tusk, Sadira, etc. but at the moment I’m just grinding points.

I haven’t seen any difference in dossier drop rate depending on characters, seems like a placebo that others are describing.
The only time it felt like dossiers were dropping rapidly were with the Eyedol update, when there were many more added and you could basically unlock most of them by playing through the Eyedol questline.
Right now, I’m at 82% and its not that easy to get the character specific dossiers.

1 Like

Yep, dossier drops are kinda frustrating. I have Tusk as my team leader and im interested in his lore and im over 30 turns with current SL playthrough, and have like 1 Tusk dossier found.

Meanwhile I constantly get this crap like guardian lore or friggin Kan Ra story… wut teh fack seriously o.0

I am starting to wonder if the team captain matters more than the other members on the team. I need Kan Ra dossiers, so thank you for pointing out that captain Tusk can unlock some

Huh, yeah I never even considered that a possibility. Or if I did at one point, like back when the devs were talking about this mode more, I’ve certainly forgotten it since.

But it does not have any relation. There is no any special interaction between Tusk and Kan Ra or anything, just RNG gives me his dossiers for no reason.

And my mistake, I have NONE of Tusks dossiers, smh.

I got one or two from using Gargos against tusk. I also got another for using Aria vs Tusk. Try these 2, just incase is is not as random as we think

Wow, so 40+ voters in and 85% think that character dossiers don’t drop frequently enough. I’ll confess, I didn’t think the number would be that high.

Granted, it’d be nice if there were more votes and a larger sample size, but even still, I tend to think that the people coming to this site are likely more hardcore fans than the majority playing out there, and if the more hardcore fans think, by and large, that the dossiers don’t drop fast enough, I’d have to think that the more casual audience would (more or less) be in line with this thinking as well. Maybe more so.

Kinda hope the devs take a look at this and make some adjustments, if possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I unlocked the TJ mimic before I even got a single dossier on him.

Like, I’m not even kidding

2 Likes

Same here. TJ and Aria both.

I still only have 6 dossier for TJ, and have lost count on the amount of playthoughs that I have done. I am not shocked that so many people think that the dossiers don’t drop fast enough. The only ones that think it is ok are the people who are below 15% of the dossiers

1 Like

I am having trouble with omen and tj combo. i played through 3 times with omen as captain and dossiers just wouldnt drop and mimic omens wont show.

Try using gargos against omens seemed to work for me.

I will try that, thanks :slight_smile:

There are no mimic omens. There are shadow omens and just plain omens

It’s very frustrating sometimes, I even had a triple mimic mision with 3 characters that I still need the 100% and not even 1 dossier dropped then… they should increase the chance a bit AND include extra chance for the current character’s dossier when you complete a mission… and add Kilgore mimics… c’mon…

I noticed in my archive that Kilgore dossiers “when Kilgore is released to the public”. But he already is released, how do you think I have him? And still no dossiers for Kilgore?

I went ahead and locked the poll. This has been around long enough and with nearly 60 people having voted, I think we can see the trend here.

I’m currently at 89% and I have to say that this is turning in to an absolute slog. I love the mode, both in concept and in practice. But when you’ve played through several times with every character, seen every mission tree, unlocked every mimic skin, and now you’re just playing for dossiers and you play over and over again with nothing falling, frustration begins to eclipse fun.

I can’t get Omen dossiers to drop to save my life, the mask of the ancients dossier… I have no idea what to do to get this one and no one else seems to either, meanwhile some characters just don’t get dossiers no matter how much I play against their mimics or use them on my team.

So I feel like I’m banging my head against a wall. I don’t know if what I’m doing is right or not. Do I have the right characters in my group? Should they all be affiliated with one side or the other? Does having a certain character in my group hurt the chances of getting dossiers for certain other characters? Will doing character oriented missions help my chances of a dossier drop? Are some just off limits for now because they don’t want us to get 100% just yet? Are dossiers any more likely to drop if I play versus deploy? Use an ultra or stage ultra? Will we get Kilgore mimics soon?

I don’t mean to sound salty over something that’s supposed to be fun but man, I keep playing mission after mission after mission, day after day after day and while I love playing the game, there’s a feeling you get when you’re specifically targeting rewards and those rewards aren’t coming and it’s not a great feeling.

@developers, I love this mode, but if you could tell me if the character dossier drops are totally random or if anything affects them, that’d be great. Also, please take this relatively small sample size in to account when the next update rolls around and perhaps think about making the dossier drops, especially when you get over 70%, a bit more common? That’d be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I’m also curious. Kilgore hasn’t shown up at all and the dossiers say they will appear when Kilgore is released to the public. But Kilgore has already gone public so where are his dossiers?