Please put lower level AI difficulty back the way it was pre-3.7

Normal 10 rounds.

1 Like

Iā€™m not doubting that you can do it (at all, in fact), but Iā€™m wondering if you could maybe comment afterwards on the AI and maybe let us know if you notice any differences now versus before. I know youā€™re a good player, so Iā€™m curious what you think.

Well then. Leave killer and kyle as it is.

Nah I think James Goddard are doing a pretty good job pushing the difficulty a little bit so we can get better or try some things we usually donā€™t. Finding new ways for combo breakers, counter breakers, some setups. Its like they want to make us better players. Game feels really good in challenge overall now. Its all about balance. Thereā€™s chance for you but also thereā€™s a chance for the a.i.[quote=ā€œIago407, post:35, topic:19718ā€]
No, not really, which is also my point here. Even on normal, the AI has spiked dramatically
[/quote]

Beginner, easyā€¦

Yeah sorry for going off topic. I havenā€™t fought the AI at all since 3.7 so I canā€™t really make a comment. All I remember was that Godlike AI in Shadow Lords was BS. Instant reactions that are impossible for humans, crazy shadow counters and breakers, and all that nasty stuff. I can see how that isnā€™t fun. If that occurred at lower difficulties as well, that really needs to change.[quote=ā€œCrimsonScorch88, post:43, topic:19718ā€]
Nah I think James Goddard are doing a pretty good job pushing the difficulty a little bit so we can get better or try some things we usually dont do finding new ways for combo breakers, counter breakers, some setups. Its like they want to make us better players.
[/quote]

You donā€™t do that by adding AI that has insane 1-frame reactions, breaking everything except when you counter break, and things a normal human canā€™t do. Iā€™ll do it when I go home though.

1 Like

That is 100% exactly what I want. I think weā€™re in agreement here. :slight_smile:

Okay, but you responded to something I didnā€™t say. You said that the AI changed by less than a full percentage point. I showed you examples of the ways in which the AI has changed and asserted my belief that the AI has changed a good deal more than what you originally said.

Now youā€™re saying that they did a good job adjusting the AI, which has nothing to do with what I was responding to you about (the .5% increase in difficulty). But Iā€™ll speak to this point now. Having the AI behave the way it does on higher difficulties? I have zero problem with that, as Iā€™ve said numerous times already. But on the lower difficulties? Iā€™d appreciate it if theyā€™d change things back to the way they were.

Spiked on those too.

I donā€™t think that easy level AI on Normal mode in Shadow Lords plays like Godlike AI or anything that bad, but itā€™s hard not to notice the increase in difficulty and yeah, Iā€™ve had easy and medium level opponents in Shadow Lords do some of what youā€™re describing here, like throwing me out of special moves, instant reactions to button presses, etc, which to me is kinda crazy.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s a problem and needs to be addressed if true. Iā€™ll check it out.

Good luck with that. I guess the difficulty of this game follows a single pattern which grow tight on higher levels. I donā€™t think they can have multiple patterns of difficulty through a single mode. I believe whatever they change the a.i. behavior it affects all levels of difficulty so higher ones can be affected too since its a single master mind program.

SL 3.6 and 3.7 are drastically different. If challenging and godlike got harder, sure, those are supposed to be harder, but Normal also was dramatically increased in difficulty. No one should clear shadow lords their first attempt but I have all killer guardians and plenty of consumables to boot and gargos is nearly unkillable with a single character now. He beats your frame traps with dashes or command grabs, instantly reacts to your inputs, does unreactable minion crossups, omen is the same sometimes. Poking you out of everything with jabs or light orda. Things that I can see on godlike but not normalā€¦ I faced a tusk mimic that parry windowed 80% of my normals, even jabs. If it happens once or even twice, no big deal, but the rate that they pull off perfect reactions is not fair in the slightest. I generally play until turn 20-25 and these ridiculous reactions are happening around turn 6 sometimes.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not gonna lie, when I played Shadow Lords on Challenging Pre 3.7 I used to cheese the AI including Gargos with Orchidā€™s bomb setups and pokes.The AI didnā€™t know what to do most of the time and would just get opened up.

But now whenever I even try to do a resemblance of a block string or set up I get grabbed or shadow countered into oblivion to the point where it is NOT FUN anymore.The point of SL on a casual level is for it to be fun.With the AI how it is now I find it hard to want to go back to SL or any kind of single player anytime soon.

1 Like

Iā€™ll still play, but I have the resources to beat the BS, not everyone does. Power level 1ā€™s with 85% Hp shouldā€™t shadow counter into instinct recover 30% Hp as Jago. Power level 1 Kim Wu shouldnā€™t parry my shorts on reaction. Just to name a few other instances I ran into last night.

People in this thread, we need to start recording matches. Show the difficulty, show the match, put inputs on if you can play with the distraction. Otherwise most of this is heresay.

1 Like

I think they shouldnā€™t change kyle difficulty, but change the killer and lower difficulties for the shadow lords, so itā€™ll be fixed and everyone will be happy; I donā€™t want kyle to be ruined again, especially the CPU vs CPU matches, where one CPU is spamming random attacks and the other whoā€™s blocking constantly, resulting in a timeout.

1 Like

Normally I use survival to grind for accessories and check baseline proficency with a character, and on average with a non-main on normal I can get 7-8 wins, but my handful of mains I usually go 15+ rounds on normal.
The thing is about the AI, as agressive as it may be at low levels, combo breaking the AI is extremely predictable. Heavy AD only at the lowest level, slowly mixes in mediums at the start of normal (referring to survival levels here) and about 10 fights in lights start working into the mix as well.

How do you think the new players are going to handle this.

My guess is the same way new players handled it in season 1, 2, and the start of 3.

But the AI is much more aggressive before it would let you beat it up.
Maby your right, if the person is already into fighting games, he will
have to deal with it. But I think if its somebody that never played a fighting game
before they will give up quick unless they really like it.

It does need to be adjusted though, like the other user said his kids like to play
but now it not even fun anymore for them. I have not played in about a week,
and I was shocked, been playing now all day, getting used to it, but still
think its out of control, can see though the flaw in the AI, its predictableā€¦
just really quickā€¦

1 Like

Shadow Lords mode doesnā€™t have a beginner/easy setting and now Normal mode which was the closest thing is set to slightly higher than what Challenging was in 3.6, lol. Kyle/Godlike is fine but the lower diffs should be less difficult for those who donā€™t have elite skills and just want to play for fun. Thereā€™s no need to be rude or elitist to those who admit to not being able to play on Kyle diff, there is no point to having lower difficulty settings if they are still unbeatable for new/unskilled players. ā€œGit gudā€ is not an acceptable response to these players who have every bit as much right to play on a low diff. as you do to play a proper masochistic kyle diff. This is what @Iago407ā€™s OP was about not re-nerfing Kyle. The much needed buffs to Kyle had the side effect of making the lower diffs unbeatable for those of us who are less skilled.

3 Likes

OMGoth! I have actually lost a match with the A.I. My stats will look like crap now! Please make it so I can win every match again. As someone who actually did recently just start playing this game due to MS giving it away as GWG, I have to say itā€™s more fun when you never lose a match.

I donā€™t think I was totally sarcastic on my comment but itā€™s possible. Iā€™m like that sometimes. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@JouksNetlander
@Sasuke99I

Did Iā€™ve lost something? Well. Freaking Xbox wonā€™t allow you to record more than 5 minutes so I had to split it up. 1-6 parts at the following order:
https://youtu.be/rg5ckKafEl8
https://youtu.be/fWpf29odTec
https://youtu.be/mEwCZ9hHBUQ
https://youtu.be/N3lz6eL0OPE
https://youtu.be/JDtnCldiObs
https://youtu.be/4p8URiUYR2I

OK So the AI is now tough, really tough, experienced players may be able to deal
with it. But what about the new guy, casual player or even kids? Will the AI be
Re-Tweaked? How did this happen? what where the Devs thinking?

I have no problem losing matches. I donā€™t mind a lot of what the new AI does, even if it was jarring to see at first. What I mind is the inhuman level reaction time. Most people canā€™t shadow counter one hit moves, yet the AI now does that multiple times a match. Same goes for throwing me out of specials, poking me out of moves, etc.

On high difficulty levels? Fine, go for it. People play those difficulties because they want to play ruthless AI and I can respect that.

For me though, on lower level difficulties, I donā€™t want to have to cheese this kind of AI in order to win and I donā€™t want to have to spend tons of buffs just to get through opponents I used to steamroll over or simply play well against.

Believe me, itā€™s not about stats. I have a shadow whose record is roughly 85-250. If I cared about stats, I wouldā€™ve restarted with the character a long time ago.

Itā€™s also not a matter of wanting to cruise through every mode. I just want a fair fight with an AI thatā€™s more welcoming to new players, but also human-like in its play abilities, at least on lower / middle difficulties. I donā€™t think thatā€™s asking for the world on a silver platter. :slight_smile:

1 Like