Please put lower level AI difficulty back the way it was pre-3.7

If it’s on lower difficulties, then they messed up; I only requested kyle difficulty through private message and they said they were looking into it before the current patch.

Kyle was known for being like this and it was fun with cpu vs cpu.

Btw, I don’t really play fighting games and I do struggle, hence I play shadow labs against my shadow; dojo tutorial is confusing tbh lol.

I wonder if you’re really worried about kids being able to play this game. I just don’t want KI taking this silly route like in the following video check it out:
https://youtu.be/cTdQ7Xx4Q34

1 Like

Good luck beating KI.
And yeah, the other guy on here has kids
that like the game and cant play it no more.

My current situation is this.

Cant play online because it crashes.
Cant play online anyway because its stuck in 640 X 480. (Excludes me from online)
now cant play local because the AI is crazy.
I playing MK alot more, marvel vs capcom, tekken.
these games dont have all these mess…

KI is washed up. Thanks Iron Galaxy for ruining my favorite game.

1 Like

When I get home, I have a clip from Normal SL to upload… Thunder AI mimic dp’d 3 of my moves in a row on reaction after the parry window or before even though I was going for meaties. Then after that he just dp’s a light jab just because he can… I was mildly salty after that lol

1 Like

That is what we are talking about. Those should be tricks done on high level settings, not normal mode. I would be ok with those moves ok godlike. A human couldn’t get that type of move off a jab, unless they knew it was comming. Not something a human could do off reaction.

1 Like

No, he straight up dp’d me 3 times in a row on reaction, not split throught the fight, like bam bam bam 3 dp’s yolo thunder lol.

1 Like

I must admit I have definitely noticed the AI’s reaction times seem way higher than before. I was battering around some low level AI to get used to Shin Hisako when she came out and was surprised that every time I used her forward dash they would immediately jump and poke.

Here is the video that I talked about vs a Thunder Mimic. This is Normal Difficulty Shadow Lords vs a Medium Rated Mimic.

Points of Interest

1. 0:59 Dp Immediately after Parry Window
  2. 1:05 Back Dashing an Attack
  3. 1:07 Dping Through a Move
  4. 1:15 Immediate Ankle Slicer Response
  5. 1:16 Immediate Shadow Grab Response
    These are all uncommon reactions for AI this early in Shadow lords even when I used to play Challenging. This was literally turn 4 or 5 I hadn’t even spawned an Omen yet. This was a relatively passive AI for most of the match some are far worse than this. These are inhuman reactions, if you watch, the punishes are hitting me within 1-2 frames of the parry window ending, meaning they are started before the parry window and the active frames hit after the window has ended. That 20 second sequence I felt like I was playing an AI like Boss Shadow Jago from the end of Arcade. I couldn’t press a button against him without getting punished.

Hey Guys, now that I think about it, the AI is not broken…
If you play the other modes, the AI is not as difficult.

If im right, and Im guessing, this is IG responding to
many players request to beef up the AI.

It was very easy before, this is true. So I guess
they beefed up the AI for single, local play, and left
the rest the way it was.

So if your a casual player, or for whatever reason
want more relaxed AI try a different mode of play.

Example, I was playing shadow survival and
found the AI acceptable, so see what works for you.

Iron Galaxy did the right thing.

This is still going to push away new players…
It still should be toned down a little.

Mildly beefed up is an understatement. Easy difficulty should be just that. You can mash your way. But getting stuffed or dp’d on the press of a button is not easy, that is AI input reading and reacting in 1 frame. I posted the video vs the thunder mimic and not once until 3.7 have I ever seen a mimic that early on react like that. Backdashing attacks? Dp on reaction missing the parry window perfectly? Those are not traits of easy difficulty. They almost always tech every throw now too. So if this was a “small change” I’d hate to see a larger change. I think something just got mixed up. Because Challenging was still hard, but I was never dp’d for pressing a button in neutral just because they could.

They should make so that there is a "Slider"
where you can set you skill level.

Kyle, Killer and Very Hard are great right now. So please, please don’t adjust them in a while. That is all I ask. CPU vs CPU has never been better.

1 Like

The hard difficulties don’t need a change, the easy ones do. Right now, as early as turn 4 in Normal SL any Mimic has a chance to just go Ham and kill one of your team. New Players won’t have guardians or revives. Then frustration will set in and they will stop playing.

Just watch the vid I posted with the mindset that it was easy/med difficulty. It doesn’t add up at all… After I took the first life bar, difficulty changed drastically until he took mine. It’s like the rubber band effect in Mario Kart.

I had this before 3.4; I was only playing Shadow Lords to get Gargos’'s stage.

Not to be a jerk, but 98% of us want to play vs the AI. Not just watch AI vs AI. I hope they don’t change the higher settings, but if it is between 1000’s of people enjoying the game vs less than 10 watching the AI vs AI, I am going to choose that they fix it.

I am not saying I have never watched a AI vs AI match, but I spend alot more time playing the game than watching it.

2 Likes

They don’t need to change the high level ai, just the low level ai. I have another set of clips to show just how ridiculous they’ve become.

I’m in the middle of a run on Challenging and I don’t think it’s too bad there. The AI is definitely using its tools more smartly than it used to, but it still mostly kinda just sits there and defends while you try to open it up via safe pokes and blockstrings.

No, sometimes it isn’t that bad, but trust me, when you see this next clip, you’ll see the things that need to be removed from at least normal mode and early challenging mode. The shadow counters on roundhouse, sure I can accept that. Shadow countering 2 crouching shorts off a jump in? Sure I can accept that too. Shadow countering a delayed block string via a projectile or awkward setup? That I won’t accept. Dp’ing my Jabs? I won’t accept that. Punishing the parry window of Tusk’s attacks with a frame perfect shadow of all things? That I won’t accept. If that’s what Godlike Gargos does? Sure, that’s Godlike Gargos, make him BS as hell, but not a random Mimic in normal mode… Casual players or new players won’t ever want to play against that. And from what I’ve heard, it isn’t just Shadow Lords that is effected.

Here is the video where a Medium Difficulty Mimic Jago on Normal Difficulty Shadow lords both punishes the parry window of my Cr HP at Tusk and Punishes my Jab with a Shadow DP within 1 frame of me pressing the button. Not only is that frustrating but that’s just literally cheap AI. That’s suck your quarters away AI…

Parry Window Punish at 0:40 seconds
Dp My Jab at 2:00 Minutes (Watch my input, next frame shadow dp startup.)

Sure. I understand that the AI vs AI crowd is relatively small, but I’m hoping that Iron Galaxy can make everyone happy on this issue. Make lower level AI more passive and slow, I don’t really care. But please don’t touch very hard, killer and kyle. BTW Kyle used to be super stupid before this latest patch. That’s not great either. Aren’t they beatable right now, just hard?

1 Like