Please put lower level AI difficulty back the way it was pre-3.7

I am wondering if this AI issue has something to do with the whole “beam and S. Hisako thing”.

I will give you that the name of the thread is a little misleading. He is talking about Shadow Lords mode. Not the single match AI.

We are not talking at all about changing the higher level difficultly settings. We are just talking about the Normal setting in SL mode. That right now, new players won’t stand a chance in normal mode, because of what the AI does.

1 Like

Oh. Well, that’s embarrassing on my part. Sorry about that. I kind of glanced at random posts after reading the thread title. I’ll be more careful my next time around.

I’m about to go to sleep for the night so I apologize if I stop responding after this post.

I can agree with that. The AI overall is pretty advanced with reactions at times but I didn’t think it was so prevalent in that mode. I’m sure the devs will sort this issue out soon enough.

1 Like

I understand this. I had this before 3.4 and Gargos and Omen are scary.

This patch may have changed it, but I requested the change only for CPU vs CPU kyle matches, since I enjoy watching the AI fight.

Dont worry, this will get fixed very soon…

Yeah, the difficuly spike is insane. I was hating Shin Hisako when I first got her because I kept getting stomped on Very Hard which is a difficulty I usually do well on, even when learning a new character. Then I played my main and had trouble too and thought I must be having a really off day. Didn’t realize until I saw this thread that the AI difficulty was increased across the board, so everything makes sense now. Very Hard feels like Killer used to imo. Doesn’t matter too much because I can always just drop down a difficulty level. I feel bad for anyone that just got the game though, I’d hate having to learn how to play against the CPU on easy if it’s become akin to normal or harder. Lower difficulties need to be accessable for newcomers, otherwise they won’t wanna play.

2 Likes

I haven’t played Shadow Lords recently, but from playing Survival it seems like the AI just went back to doing what it was before they “broke” it to “fix” Boss Gargos. That’s about it. I don’t really see how newcomers are going to be affected by this really. A true noob would be coming into the game blind and would have no preconceptions about what the difficulty of the game “should be”.

Maybe? But is it within the confines of human reaction speed? I tend to doubt it, at least on the simultaneous reactions to button presses and the shadow counters on single hit moves. The other stuff, I could probably learn to live with, even if I don’t love it on lower difficulty levels, but the super human reaction stuff? I dunno.

You misread my post. Nowhere did I say that they should nerf the highest difficulty. In fact, I made a specific point to say that if people enjoy this new high difficulty level of the AI, then leave it alone on the highest settings, but give us lower level players our shallow end of the pool and change the difficulty back to what it was before.

That’s all I’m asking for. I don’t want to ruin anyone else’s good time if you love higher difficulty.

I was actually talking about all modes. But I agree that I was trying to say put the lower level difficulties back to the way there were before. Not the high level difficulties. As it stands, it’s already a mouthful of a thread title, so I was kinda hoping that people would read my post to figure out what I was trying to say, though granted, I probably could’ve lessened the word count on it (unsurprisingly lol).

Yeah but if a true noob came in to the game with the difficulty where it’s currently at, I don’t know how much they’re going to love it, especially if they’re a casual player.

Personally, as I’ve said, I would just like them to roll back the lower difficulty levels. If people still want Kyle to be what it is now, who am I to take away their fun?

1 Like

All the times I played the AI in the harder/hardest modes the only way to beat it was…Trolling it.
Even you cheat it with something they won’t block or would react in a dumb way or you play as lame as possible. Since their reactions are by code , they are just perfect and cover plenty of options, unreactable to humans. They can only mess a “combo break” if they are “programmed to do so”.
Yeah, it stinks.

My main problem with this is: fighting the AI won’t really give me enough tools to fight real people. However the AI can show you some strange things to counter something you do or something you don’t know. eg: I was thrown out of ragged edge in the middle of the animation or some stuff like that. Of course the machine can grab something like looks like a 1 frame animations lol.

1 Like

What I see in this thread.

People who actually play the mode in question voicing their concerns and how the changes are effecting their enjoyment of the game.

And people who don’t actually play the mode telling those people to git gud.

I don’t play the mode so I won’t offer my opinion and to that note I recommend to those who also do not play the mode to do the same and keep their opinions to themselves.

2 Likes

That’s a huge issue to me too. Not that I play a ton of people, but as far as the AI goes, I’d like to at least feel like I’m playing a person and not an arcade cabinet from the 90’s that wants to bleed my wallet dry. That’s what this AI feels like to me right now thanks to the simultaneous reaction times to button presses as well as one hit move shadow counters and throwing me out of special moves.

If people have no problem with this AI or they like learning how to beat it on the highest levels, then I have no problem with that. I want everyone to be able to enjoy the game the way that they want to enjoy it. I don’t want to ruin their fun. But I also don’t want this type of AI on lower levels as it kinda ruins my fun. I don’t want to have to cheese the AI and find ways to get around it. I want to play the game and use the combo system and have fun.

5 Likes

No he’s not. You’ve might be mistaken of what thread it is. There’s another where its complaining about sl difficulty has grown a little beat like 0.5 percent. C’mon folks. You can always choose normal if you just want to play for fun and not for the challenge.

I uld like to see these guys talking big go 10 rounds on survival…
no… even 5…

I am talking about all modes, you’re right there, but I’m also asking for the lower difficulty levels to be changed back to what they were before. NOT the higher ones.

In the last patch, the AI did not throw people out of special moves, shadow counter single hit moves, have simultaneous reactions to button presses, combo break almost everything, counter break at all really, and so on and so on. If you honestly think that all of these changes constitute a half of a percentage point increase in the difficulty, then I don’t know what to tell you other than I couldn’t possibly disagree with you more and I kinda feel like the facts are on my side here.

No, not really, which is also my point here. Even on normal, the AI has spiked dramatically.

LOL this AI is boss…

1 Like

lmfao

Challenge accepted. I’ll do it when I get home.

1 Like

5 or ten?
If you do 10 that would be something…

If I have time when I get home, I might stream it and post a video. What difficulty? Also I’ll do ten.