Please fix Ranked

I will only presume I ran into a cheater before actually throwing out accusations. That said, during a ranked match I played against this person who was okay with Jago but still lost 0-2, the connection was flawless and there was no indication of rollback or lag. When I searched for a new opponent I stumbled against the same person, a few seconds into the session, I was disconnected and credited the loss. Not sure why, my connection is fine, no hiccups no spikes, just randomly disconnected and I took a loss.

I also happened to record the incident, so you fellas can judge for yourselves.

Please excuse the music playing, I was on Pandora and couldnā€™t pause it in the middle of the matchā€¦ also donā€™t judge me lol

I canā€™t remember who told me, but I know you can make lag by pressing the home button during a match. For some reason when the X1 resizes the game it causes lag. Some players do this to win.

They might just be doing this instead of some lag switch

2 Likes

Thatā€¦ musicā€¦ :scream_cat:

I think your disconnect was more of an Xbox Live issue than an actual lag switch, DDos. You KNOW when a DDOS has occurred because you have to reset your router and usually your reboot your devices for your service to work.

What do you mean with DDOS?

A DDOS attack is when somebody online pulls your IP address and then purposely sends an overwhelming amount of data to your router. This causes a disruption with your home connection. This type of cheating is rare and generally requires software and a lot of nohow.

Iā€™ve rarely had these type of attacks with KI, although I did have one the other day. The individual in question stopped playing. I also stopped because I thought something had happened. I generally will give an inactive player 30 seconds before I end the match.

Seconds later I was booted from the match and started getting Xbox Live errors. I checked my router and it was red. I had to reboot my router and then reboot my xbox before I could reconnect.

That is a DDOS attack.

A lag switch is literally just a switch somebody turns on and off to create lag. It is the most common form of online cheating because they are relatively easy to create.

Wow. Thanks for explaining. If someone needs the win that bad then they can have it. I had no idea people took it that far to win in a video game.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never understood the reason for cheating, especially with a fighting game. Some people just like to have bragging rights, or simply just donā€™t like to lose.

There are some real asss hats out there in Xbox live land! lol

I am a real assz hat :smile: I do have standards though. I want to see the persons face when I say or do something. I canā€™t do it to someone when I have no idea who they are. There needs to be a reason for me to be mean.

I am well aware of the Xbox live cesspool. Like you, I am older amd donā€™t have 10+ friends with X1es. It is like ever game now is about the hardcore gamer who either rips on the causal, or ruins the fun in any game that has a PVP area. It is never about teaming up and playing. It is about how many new players can we get to quit.

The funny part is that some of these jerk offs are the same kids that complain about bullies in school, but then come home and do the same exact thing.

2 Likes

Me and a kid that works for me were talking about Bullies yesterday. A kid that gets bullied is always going to pass it on to another victim. Bullied kid, bullies the next kid, and on and on it goes.

I tell my son to fight back. Donā€™t take anger out on the people who donā€™t deserve it, but to give it back to the people who do.

On topic: still running it to the same groups of 4 to 5 people. It only chances when one of the group stops playing. This only makes sense to me if we are connecting to different servers, and the game looks at that server first, before moving on to another.

1 Like

For me, its never a bad thing to be nice. When people write me hot messages for beating them with Sadira, I generally respond with a positive critique as to how to do better against Sadira, and youā€™ll be surprised how many apologies I get and have actually made friends on Xbox because of it.

I honestly enjoy losing to nice people. Flash (Sabrewulf main) is sincerely one of the nicest people I know, and heā€™s godlike with Sabrewulf. I know Iā€™m going to lose, but Iā€™m having SO much fun watching him do his wulf shenanigans, that I donā€™t care. He coaches me and is just generally a nice person.

Now, I know another great player, who so happens to also be great wulf main, but from the moment the match begins to the moment it ends, he does nothing but teabag and taunt. When the match ends, he sends hateful mean spirited messages, and trolls. I had to literally block him because I got tired of his insults. Heaven forbid you rage quite on him, he gets even worse.

Sadly I used to love playing against him, as we were both wulf mains in Y1, but heā€™s become intolerable to deal with.

At the end of the day, being a nice person will get you much father than being mean.

Or, people can be quiet too.

2 Likes

Yeah Flash is cool, met him at AB7 and played him online a few times. But I know what you mean about the other Wulf. Im guessing it may be Paul since Ive had similar encounters , but another Wulf thatā€™s an azzz is Deadpool. I havent seen him much lately though.

I honestly wish MS/Xbox live allowed you to set your account to " ONLY friends can send you a message". If we arent friends, you shouldnā€™t even have the option to send someone a message. this would eliminate so much drama. I dont see why there has to be a 100% open line of mail for Xbox live.

1 Like

I think this was actually a thing on the 360. Itā€™s under parental controls/age restrictions or something. It makes it so that only friends can message you.

Man I searched up and down , everywhere and I couldnt find any sort of control to block messages from non friends.
I even looked in the Xbox live FAQ and everything. If you can find it please let me know.

It isnā€™t Paul. This Wulf is currently in the running for top 32. Heā€™s a really great player, but his attitude is trash, at least it is now. He used to never be like this. Gunner, I think thatā€™s his name.

I donā€™t mess around with hate mail. I just report it. MS does something, because I get messages from them saying that something was done about my report.

Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s not that I canā€™t take it, but unless they are a friend i expect to be shown a degree of respect. I also have kids that play on the Xbox, and I will report any and all nasty messages that get sent to them. If they are really bad then I call MS to file.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s on the Xbox One. Iā€™ll try to find it though and Iā€™ll let you know if you do. It was definitely there on the 360 though.
Edit: @FallofSeraphs76 found it. If you go to settings, you should be able to go to account. Once there, choose Privacy & online safety. Then choose Xbox Live Privacy. Near the bottom, you can select View details & customize. Choose Communication & multiplayer. From there, you can modify some settings and one of them is only allow friends to send you messages.

1 Like

at least that personne using that tools against someone, should first know his public IP address then from there throw the attack,
it depend also from your net provider, since here in Belgium by some provider they have a setted up de router Wan to close most port sensitive with DDOS and they can even see where these attacks are coming from :neutral_face:.
so its something really risky to use day from today. ā€™ at your own risk!"

for sure you can hide your ip behind another before doing this but at the end of all after a long investigation and if you did not use a replacement PC, you will also be in trouble after investigation.
etcā€¦:grimacing: :sweat_smile:

its seem simple to do but has many risks behind this act.