Please fix Ranked

For real? I searched all through that and I swear I couldn’t find it or I overlooked it because it didnt say "Only friends can send messages"
I know there is "Only friends can view what your are playing/listening too. But nothing about messages.

Thanks, Ill check into it again!

It really does. That is why when I hear somebody scream DDOS, it generally isn’t especially if they didn’t have to reset anything. I HAVE seen a few DDOS attacks in Destiny PVP especially Trials of Osiris. Upon getting ratted out, they were promptly banned.

[quote=“SoSRaGnArOk, post:63, topic:21768, full:true”] I HAVE seen a few DDOS attacks in Destiny PVP especially Trials of Osiris. Upon getting ratted out, they were promptly banned.
[/quote]

This. Sucks to almost have a perfect card than get DDOSd😢

1 Like

I just suffered another DDOS attack from an effing Cinder. He stopped fighting and the next thing I know I’m booted from KI. I checked my router settings and I got overloaded with a massive spike of packet data. I’ve had to reset my router twice, and I’m still getting hit. I tried to log into KI again and was immediately bumped. I’ve already reported him, but I honestly feel that IG should put a hold on all Ranked matches until they can implement something to prevent this type of cheating. The ■■■-hole could have ruined my router.

At this point, I’m going to stop playing ranked period. I would love to get to top 32 and get a gold star, but ever since the advent of PC players, I’ve been finding more and more slick willies ruining my game.

@SoSRaGnArOk welcome to the club. Iron Galaxy, doods, at least let us do what SF5 does and give us a hardware preference (i.e. All users and PlayStation®4 Users Only). Because I already had to throw a router out due to someone pulling the same kinda bull RaGnArOk had to deal with. Please do this so we can prevent this from happening (or in my case, happening again).

3 Likes

Random question, and i’m not very knowledgeable about Ddos, but why would you throw away a router and not talk to your ISP to do something about resetting or getting a new IP address? You, or someone on your behalf, pays money for them to provide service. Let them do their thing.

I tried all that. It just stopped working indefinitely.

In most cases, you shouldn’t have to throw away your router, unless the spike was big enough to ruin it. That’s very rare. I HAVE had it happen to a friend playing Trials and the culprits were reported and perma banned.

In the grand scheme of things, getting a new IP address won’t stop a DDOS attack, in most cases you have to invest in hardware to manage data streaming into your network. I don’t have that kind of money.

What @TEKkazamastar said, is actually the best option and it should be with any fighting game. Being able to set your search criteria helps mitigate bad connection matches. While I can go several days without a laggy match or a cheater, all it takes is once to ruin your night. I started out fighting a Sabrewulf, of whom would lag the match EVERY time he got into a bind. I finally quit the match and advised him that I won’t play with him until he fixes his net. I then reported him for possible lag switch. His match wasn’t laggy. He just lagged the match anytime he would be in the negative.

What’s the point of Top 32 if people cheat to get there. I understand Rank is supposed to be a free for all, but most of the fighting games I’ve ever played had some sort of search criteria to help mitigate bad connection matches or for that matter cheaters.

It won’t be perfect, but it would be better than what we are dealing with now.

Ditto. All we can do is sit back and hope @SoSRaGnArOk

It is only going to get worse when the steam launch happens.

1 Like