Please don't allow Ultras to cancel into Ultimates

The only conceivable reason would be to annoy the other player by wasting their time. Have you possibly considered that not everybody has a whole lot of time to sit down and play, so maybe having that time drawn out unnecessarily is a little irritating?

Also I have no problems with combos during a match, which isn’t what Ultras are hence my character select timer comparison. They occur after the match is over and are only there for ■■■■■■■■■■■■ purposes going for the double and triples. Again, I’d rather just be playing or watching the next match.

Nobody is suggesting anything even close to this. You’re implying that I want the match over as fast as possible from start to finish. I’m just saying I don’t care for the post-match circle jerk that is ultra combos.

Ultra combos take no skill, that’s why we don’t care to watch them.

“Ultra combos take no skill”

That’s not what we’re complaining about though. These kinds of combos aren’t extended multiple ultras.

I’m just saying it can be pretty intense if you try to up your ultra game, you two were making it sound like every ultra is the same cookie cutter nonsense when its not true. Sure that happens a lot but there is reason to practice your ultra abilities.

No there isn’t.

That Glacius combo is as edge-case as it gets.

Whatever you say pal, I’m going to keep enjoying the game and all that entails. I respect your opinions, no matter how much I disagree with them.

For me, it’s simply getting the juggle post-ultra that’s difficult and is why I try in the 1st place. I imagine the rest is just purely for numbers - the more hits, the higher the score, and said score contributes to XP. :wink:

If I’m feeling impatient then it bothers me. Otherwise…take your time.

Not really since extending the ultra more or less just kills the finale finisher. you lose the the theme and the vibe… that’s a thumbs down.

In your opinion. xP

I’ll be doing triple ultras into ultimates!

2 Likes

[quote=“TrustfulWhale, post:41, topic:17547”]
The only conceivable reason would be to annoy the other player by wasting their time.
[/quote]This is simply not true. I often use it as a means to practice certain difficult combo setups without the fear of having some potentially break it in the process. This helps with hand-eye coordination and finger-dexterity.

That comment was in reference to running down the timer when selecting a character and stage.

In that case… It’s a courtesy that allows people the time needed to choose their preferred music. Not doing it is rude and inconsiderate, IMO. Do you have any idea how rare it is that I actually get the opprtunity to choose Aganos’ theme (he’s my main) in time?

Oh, so it’s a courtesy to let the timer on both screens to run down to zero. I see.
If you wanna take the extra time to select your music, win the the previous fight or just flat ask them to let you if you’re on the voice chat.

I don’t really get why you’re so eager to argue in favor of wasting people’s time.

Yo, where’s my KI2 Ultra Breakers at?

For the most part, ultimates are about the same length as ultra combos (maybe not some of the shorter S1 ones), and they have to take the place of your last ultra in a multi-ultra combo. So I don’t think this will increase the length of these combos by much, if at all. For some characters, it might actually be shorter!

@TrustfulWhale I get what you mean and I agree to some extent. I am not a fan of someone who is dragging out the time with the ridiculous amount of ultras. I hardly even let the ultra reach its end anymore, I just use the ultra ender after a few hits of the ultra and that’s it.

and while the rest of you who like to do 2/3 ultras, I get it, you want to show off your skill, that’s absolutely understandable

You double ultra me, you get blocked

You have the right to be rude to me, and I have the right to not want to play you. No salt.

1 Like

I might have blocked a lot of people

I wonder if there is a cap on blocked people

Anyway my shadows double ultra since I have done it at least a few times sometimes lol

I don’t mind it being open for canceling into ultimate it’s kinda flashy. Especially in solo mode

Maybe they could disable it for multiplayer or ranked only