PlayStation 4 Pro - coming in November

Sony hasn’t counterpunched anyone since they released the OG Playstation and PS2. They didn’t "counter-punch MS this console generation… No, MS just shot themselves in the foot. That’s why Sony got the advantage.

I often tell people that beat me in a match that they didn’t win because they were better than me; they won because of me and the mistakes I made. Some of you might say, “who cares if the end result is the same?” or “there’s no difference, so what’s your point?” While the former may be true, the latter isn’t. It’s like being in an Olympic race and watching your closest opponent, who is about to cross the finish line right beside you, trip on a rock, allowing you to get the win. It has nothing to do with being better or making the right moves. You simply get the advantage through happenstance. The same applies to Sony and MS - the latter tripped on a boulder.

1 Like

Lol I do not want to be rude but your examples need a lot of work. You basically just said two different things.

Your two examples are different. In one you are the cause of the loss because your inability to correctly execute something or not being able to read a situation etc.

in your other example it is an external source i.e. the rock that trips the runner. The runner didn’t have bad knees or lose his footing so technically that is not his fault.

You can lose in KI and say it was because of mistakes but if it is not because of lag or cheating then it is your fault. Also why do you often tell people they are not better than you? :joy:

1 Like

People look for all kinds of drama to explain this console generation. But all you need is $100. That’s the difference between a PS4 and an Xbox One at launch. Since the vast majority of console purchasers were just upgrading the box they use to play Call of Duty, and both consoles ran that game at 1080p 60FPS, $100 price difference is more than enough to explain the difference. Everything else is just trivia.

Well, I meant that MS came out and revealed the Xbox One, announcing the price point and the specs and what not, and Sony “countered” that by having better specs and undercutting MS’ price point. MS didn’t stumble with their specs and price point, Sony just outdid them.

Now sure, all of the issues surrounding the MS reveal, all the stuff Mattrick said, all the stuff they had to walk back, etc… That was MS stumbling and Sony (gleefully) taking advantage. But if the original reveal of Xbox One was a punch, then to me, Sony counterpunched with their reveal, but that’s just my opinion.

Yeah but hasn’t Xbox One cost less than PS4 for what, two years now? Wouldn’t that theoretically be enough time to make up the difference if $100 was the beginning, middle and end of the story?

Good for those that don’t own a Ps4. Horrible for those who already bought a Ps4.

1 Like

Xbox one has been the best selling console for the last two months. But setting that aside - once one console has the lead, it is hard to regain the momentum. Yes, Xbox has been less expensive but also offering different models, with and without connect, etc. PS4 has just been PS4. Now, they are in the differentiated market too, and frankly I don’t think it’s a good move for Sony.

Case and point, Sony’s 2013 E3 confrence. They didn’t show anything good, they simply came out and said “hey, we’re not Xbox” and bam, it’s heralded as one of the best E3 confrences ever.

1 Like

Did I say often? If I did, that’s wrong - not often; just sometimes. :wink:

In any case, I say it because it’s often true. For example, someone may not know how to use the combo system effectively or efficiently as I do, like with using manuals or shadow counters, for example. They could still beat me in isolated incidents, sure, but their lack of knowledge and tools at their disposal limits what they can do and makes them more predictable, so I would normally win most of the time if the set was extended for longer than just a few matches) because I have the experience to back it up.

I can and often do acknowledge when someone is better than me, like with @STORM179, @SonicDolphin117, and @SoSRaGnArOk. It just takes showing me something new, pointing out something I didn’t already know, and mopping the floor with me time and time again (which a fight or few simply won’t do). So, impress me, teach me, and beat me consistently, and I will come to accept that you’re better than me. Otherwise, no.

I will admit though that I often straddle the line between confidence and arrogance - it’s a rickety bridge over muddied waters…

As for the 2 different examples, I was considering that as I wrote it up. Very astute of you to notice. I stuck with it because my mistakes are often caused by outside influences - in fact I would argue that they almost always are. Lag does happen, family do interrupt me, sometimes I’m too hot or cold, or have something else on my mind - all of these are external factors that keep me from being at my best.

But don’t you think everyone else deals with external factors too? When you win do you send a message to the other guy asking if he was too hot or too cold? Do you just assume he would have beaten you if his throat hadn’t been itchy or if his dog didn’t walk across his feet?

All of this just kind of sounds like making excuses. When you beat me it’s because I just had a sore foot and wasn’t focused. When I beat you it’s because I’m so awesome.

1 Like

What? I’ve been summoned?

Honestly, I never know how I win a match… I just jump in and do fancy stuff and boom… victory. Seconds latter I get a nasty message from the other party telling me that I’m garbage. Such is the life of a Sadira main.

I win or lose because of two reasons and two reasons only… I either played a better game than they did or they played a better game than me.

While there are situations where a inscrupulous player will try to lag switch the match, most of time its a solid win or lose. I never try to over analyze a loss, especially if I go against the likes in Paul B or CStyles… These guys are the gods of KI and while sometimes I can do well against them, it is still an uphill battle.

Always remember, pride comes before the fall. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t be so modest. I can tell from your posts that your feet are firmly planted on one side - and I don’t mean the marshes of Modesty.

To all:
Feel free to create a “how to unlock GG’s hidden potential” thread to discuss further.

Now can we go back to talking PS4 Pro, everybody?

1 Like

Well, it’s almost like they created the Pro just for me, lol.

Sony Interactive Entertainment chief Andrew House said the following:

“I saw some data that really influenced me,” House said. “It suggested that there’s a dip mid-console life cycle where the players who want the very best graphical experience will start to migrate to PC, because that’s obviously where it’s to be had. We wanted to keep those people within our ecosystem by giving them the very best and very highest [performance quality]. So the net result of those thoughts was PlayStation 4 Pro—and, by and large, a graphical approach to game improvement.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/sony-says-the-pc-and-not-the-xbox-pushed-it-to-create-the-ps4-pro/

Now if I can just get them to fund VF6, I am all set for another 3 years…

Well they already failed there if the Scorpio delivers.

Nope! They’re just up on the bed, which is higher than my chair, and therefore cutting off the circulation to my legs, which in turn is making it harder for me to stay awake and concentrate on the fight. :wink:

On topic though, I’ll stick with Xbox so long as it has the likes of Halo, Gears of War, Killer Instinct, Minecraft, and Forza. Sony has vey little that interests me… Most of what I care about on PC, I can also get on the Xbox, and without the hassle of wondering whether it’ll work or not.

The Apple wireless headphones are not required and you can still use bluetooth headphones if you want. The iPhone 7 comes with a 3.5 mm adapter so you can still use your old wired headphones. I honestly don’t see a problem.

I already preordered the Black Iphone 7 256GB! :smiley:

1 Like

Not gonna lie. It looks great, and that camera on the 7 Plus… wow!

Smh, of course you don’t. You’re and Apple loyalist. It’s garbos bro, there’s a reason everyone is saying it.

And what reason is that? And for the record, I’ve used all types of phones and operating systems. I just prefer Apple. I don’t just blindly buy all their products.

I’m not arguing this with you dude, just not. Just know that a lot of people feel the same way so maybe try to understand their reason opposed to simply shrugging it off saying it still comes with an adapter so that’s fine.