Perhaps this is not the path... for me

You’re always allowed to play other games. Nobody’s stopping you. Everyone needs a break sometimes. You can always come back if you want to.

If you’ve got a PS4, Guilty Gear and Blazblue are pretty cool. SFV is cool too but I personally like GG and BB better and I feel you’d like those better too since SFV can be more of a patience game as well. KOF is cool too and they’re getting DLC characters soon. DOA is also really good, regardless of its infamous reputation, and it’s technically free to play.

1 Like

Certainly if you have a connection with certain parties, it would be nice to know, and that is why PMs exist. It’s cleaner and the people connected are both more likely to understand and care.

Making an individual thread to announce it on a public forum is quite vain though. (Assuming you aren’t someone directly involved in the state of KI, like a dev or something) I mean no offense by that, and I would hope that if I were ever to do such a thing, someone would call me out on it and hold me accountable.

Bingo?
The tournaments are great.

Maybe he made this thread because he really
enjoys the communities company, and is really
sad to go another direction, and this is only
way of saying goodbye.

Its not vain, its therapeutic.
He was not being offense to me.

1 Like

This all depends on who his target audience is, his social media
thread is irrelevant compared to here…

Nice try though.

The preson is trying to say goodbye, and gets lectured in
social KI etiquette, I love it, you guys are great.

Both the above posts are a bit of a stretch, but sure, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I honestly don’t care enough to continue any further involvement. I have nothing vested in the matter.

I posted mine so people didn’t ask me for sets or matches and assume I was intentionally ignoring them. It also allowed me to have an explanation built on my reasoning to help those who often play with me understand.

This may sound silly, but I do have a fan base of Jago players that ask me for sets to either learn from me or just have fun. When they ask if I’m “ignoring them” I point them to my thread. It clears confusion up and also helps them understand that I left with good intentions.

That’s why I made my particular post, though everyone is different and sometimes veterans want to leave a final remark. Everyone is different and should be treated so, despite not understanding yourself why it is done.

2 Likes

GG @VladKravich, may you find another worthy fighting game to body people in and continue your journey to 1v1 greatness! if a game isnt fun, dont play it. season 3 seems to have rubbed some people the wrong way with the changes and what not, i myself am having a hard time adjusting to it so i know where you coming from and i had taken a good 3 maybe 4 month hiatus. good hunting, fight on man

1 Like

Well I guess not, but with me it’s at the point where I can only have fun if I’m good at a character and understand the MU’s. About 2-3 days ago I lost to a really good TJ player while using glacius and they told me that they just really understand the tj vs glacius match. Not too sure if that means they know what I’m about to do before I do it, it’s weird.

I just think all the themes should have been remix’s and expanded on, like cinder’s and spinal’s for example. Same with stages, I think that the only stages of returning character’s I dislike are orchid’s, spinal’s, tj’s, riptor’s, cinder’s, tusk’s, kim wu’s and gargos because even though they are really cool, they seem to take a huge departure from the source material. But like I said, these are just minor nitpicks of mine.

Right. Though with me it seems that everyone is getting better but I’m not. Most of my matches nowadays are one sided, I even tried to play without using combo and counter breakers but it’s just as bad.

I played SFV a few days ago and that’s very true, you need plenty of patience. I’d say I’m casual at SFV because I can win but using the same 2 or 3 moves over and over again. It’s fun but probably not as much fun as I use to have with KI.

Basically this, I like talking with you all but I’m not enjoying the game itself.

This and that. I’ve been here on the forums since the end of the DH forums and I’ve left so many suggestions throughout these last 2 and a half years or so. Still surprises me that the devs actually took some of my suggestions and considered them. Sounds weird but I do know that there are some people here that probably wouldn’t miss me but they probably would question my absence.

It usually just means they’re familiar with your character, and how your character’s tools interact with their own. If you know the ranges where Glacius is strong and can abuse TJ, then you know what you need to look out for at what ranges, and from there you can figure out how to counter or punish the things Glacius is likely to try.

FG’s are as much (or more) about understanding how the other character wants to get his damage as they are about understanding how you want to get damage.

1 Like

Good luck to ya, Vlad. Wish ya nothing but the best. Hope you take a break, play casually every now and then and who knows, maybe the big issues will seem small and the small issues will become irrelevant to ya one day and it’ll just be fun to play and that’s it. If not, no problem. You still had three years of a great game that I’m sure you’ve enjoyed immensely at various points in time and that’s pretty awesome.

2 Likes

I was going to say something snarky about yet another person feeling so important that they need to announce to the internet that they are leaving, but you genuinely come off as sincere that you are sad about the decision that you’re making.

Dude you can take a break from the game and still come to the forums. It’s fine. It’s not like KI is going to leave you. It’s like the Giving Tree. It’ll evolve and grow while you’re away. When you need that fix again, it’ll be here to provide for ya.

For instance, I’m traveling for work all the time now and I’m about to have a baby, so I can’t focus on gaming as much. But I still keep up with the KI content and come to the forums from time to time.

Don’t sweat it bruh. Recharge yourself. Find your fun and tell us about it. The community will likely back you up.

3 Likes

If you must.

They should play what they want. If the person enjoys sf5 thats good and not a bad thing. Just cause you dont like it doesnt mean others shouldn’t.

I think he was talking about a post I made on twitter a while back because I have been playing SFV recently expecting it to be better. It’s fun, but then again I’m still learning it.

Still no one should say what not to play.

Dude, chill out and mind your own business. I can make a joke with Vlad if I want too. I play SFV so you have no idea what you are talking about. You can speak when spoken too.
Im not telling anyone what to play… its called being friends and joking around. SMDH

1 Like

Nope.

I really shouldn’t need to say this, but take this to PMs.

1 Like

8 million players and counting. We’ll power through your absence, somehow. Thanks for the warning though.

1 Like