Perhaps this is not the path... for me

you just did…

2 Likes

Why would I troll anyone? I don’t find satisfaction or fun in other people’s misery. I will continue to give my feedback to IG and discuss the game and its features with the people here, because though I don’t play the game atm, it is still a franchise that I care about and have cared about since the very first game. And I want to be part of what it becomes, until it changes into something I just don’t want to support or until I just completely lose interest in it.

I did not make a thread about it, but I guess it is an announcement none the less. There’s no reason to make a big deal about it though. No one cares.

I’ve watched some of your matches. From what I can tell you can either leave yes if you’re not having fun anymore with the game. But is winning the only way to have fun ? You can ask yourself seriously, there was a point I stopped ranked and only started playing sets with @STORM179 @MnTLetalis and other top players.

I was totally free… I’m not going to lie I played Bass one time and he 10-0 me. I was demoralized but you learn so much more in losing than winning you have no ideas. I was questioning myself what wasn’t good in my neutral,spacing,setup,reaction etc.

From what I can see from your matches @VladKravich you lack of patience. Random cold shoulder on wake up, neutral I mean you did it overtime. Glacius got his lance buffed use it more to play neutral and harass your opponent. You need to block more and improve your defence and also use anti air, people are jumping constantly at you.

The game is different than season 1 and season 2 but do people really remember those ?

Season 1 : Unblockable shatter for Glacius, Jago manuals and windkick, Sadira Instinct, Wulf Shadow Eclipse and backdash

Season 2 : Early access Maya, Broken Tj Combo, Kan Ra, Riptor Infinite blockstun strings

Season 3 : Right now the game is in a very good state balance wise. My only complaint is still Fulgore teleport and Thunder but I have to learn and deal with it. If you still want to play, just aks yourself why you are losing more.

1 Like

By “inaccurate” it’s pretty clear you mean something like “not faithful to the ~20-year-old classics,” which, well, yeah: KI '13 is its own game, and not one that’s particularly slavish in its devotion to the property it came from. It’s totally fine for you to state that that’s not something you want, hell I can understand that being disappointing. I would caution against assuming that recreating the classics has been the point of this game all along, though.

I think “I quit KI” posts can be valuable if they’re respectful and not too soapboxy. If the game is bleeding players, said players actually posting meaningful feedback on why they’re dropping off is actually a valuable thing: it flags a potential factor that the devs might want to take into consideration when making decisions. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they’ll prioritize making KI embody the old games more if that’s what’ll keep you around, but it’s not nothing.

That is to say, I don’t really think this is the sort of “I quit KI” thread people should get worked up over. It states constructive things, once you clarify some choices of words.

Mind, I say these things as I consider whether I’ll be sticking around, myself.

I mean, this shouldn’t come off as a cry over nerfs (I believe I already made a post stressing my respect for the devs’ position, despite disagreeing with it), but 3.7 shook things up for me in a way that made me reconsider whether I agree with this game’s direction anymore. It reminds me that as far back as the S3 rebalance a lot of what I found pivotal to the game’s interactions was kinda uprooted, but the revolution didn’t reach my mains, so I’ve kinda been playing with season 2 tools until the wind kick nerf. Now that one of the main interactions which kept me interested in KI is gone, I’m wondering whether there really is enough of the game that pulled me in still left here, whether I should go play some other game (I had little hesitation about telling others to just go play something else if they weren’t happy, I should be able to follow my own advice), or even stop playing fighting games entirely because I’m an overworked grad student now.

I don’t know how much longer I’ll continue to track the community around the game. I’m kinda hanging around and watching the discussions because I want to see insightful people say deep things about how the 3.7 changes are panning out. That hasn’t really happened so far. I’m also really curious to see if the devs follow up 3.7 with more wide-sweeping changes. They make decisions with a big picture spanning the long haul in mind, some changes that are coming further down the pipeline might be required to make sense of changes which seem puzzling or abrupt now. Or maybe there’s nothing in the pipeline, I don’t know.

But yeah, I think it’s worth saying that I might be dropping off from KI, and whilst part of it is because I kinda just don’t have the time to put into the game like I used to, part of it is also that I think this game has moved too far away from the things that captivated me in the first place. The wind kick might’ve been the final straw, but there was other stuff beforehand that I kinda didn’t push my view on because I didn’t want to join the pitchfork mob. (And still don’t.) And I think my reasons are worth leaving a record of, rather than me just disappearing without notice, because maybe knowing why I left might be useful to somebody.

So I’m not gone yet, but if this is my seventh-last post, say, then best wishes, y’all.

1 Like

in the spirit of sammy’s post right above mine…I don’t know why for the love of all hollyhocks, people can’t evaluate their skill set and realize everyone has a learning plateau. the more one learns the smaller and finer the situational knowledge becomes.
I mean my god! there’s a thread about “who made it to killer”. you could look at it like, "gee, sure glad I’m not silver rank for 3 seasons in a row.

or what I do. if I have a close match and loose I just mentally classify it as a tie.

1 Like

Maybe he has a glimmer of hope that someone might be able to say one thing or put a certain spin on one of his hangups that might make him decide that maybe he might want to stick around after all.
I don’t really see it as so much a cry for attention but perhaps an indirect plea to show him something he would consider staying for.

Whatever the case, this thread is harmless. Certainly not worth arguing with him over. I hope he enjoys whatever game he decides to replace KI with.

2 Likes

no one should take this thread argumentatively. when I get out of bed every morning I try and be a better version from the previous day and if that means assimilating others perspective or aspects of it, I’m all game for betterment.

we all are, where we are, because we stand on the shoulders of past accomplishments. A constant elevation through contributions.

2 Likes

It’s likely because it’s nothing like the original. Even though this KI isn’t a simple remake.

If I were to be honest though I’ve had no troubles with this season changes as it’s come and gone. But even so.

All I can say to you OP is, good luck with whatever your path you choose.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with taking a break. When Season 3 first dropped I got frustrated and didn’t start playing again until a few months ago. When I came back I was super rusty, but that just allowed me to relearn the game with the new mechanics in mind and enjoy the new changes instead of constantly trying to play like it’s season 2. Taking a more casual approach to gaming in general also helped me to enjoy things a bit more. I still like being decent and finding ways to improve, but I put fun over winning these days.

5 Likes

For some reason, people think it’s necessary to announce they are leaving/quitting and their reasoning behind it. If you are done with something, just be done with it and move on.

I doubt I’ll ever quit KI until they shut it off. I have considered leaving the forum; I have even left for long periods because of the community, but come back because it is a source of KI information.

If I do ever leave though, you won’t hear a single thing from me. I’ll vanish like a ■■■■ in the wind. Because, ultimately, no one is going to care that I left or the reasons why.

Seriously, that’s censored? Lol.

1 Like

I dunno, there are quite a few people that I really like on this forum and if they suddenly disappeared and never returned it would bother me.

2 Likes

Cough Cough @Marbledecker

3 Likes

its sad that you’re walking away from whats in my opinion the best fighter out there. I admit that the game has changed a lot, some things i like and some i dont, but im hard pressed to find another game getting this much support after three years and if you ever find a game with better balance please let me know. basically, evolve or die, make your choice. I’m beyond perplexed as to how stages and music can be inaccurate

lol

1 Like

So in beginning you win a lot, now that the community is getting much better, you lose a lot.
Seems like a strange reason to quit.
The game did not get worse, the players just get better.
If you want to be competitive, you have to play this game almost every day.
There is so much to learn in this game and people who invest a lot of time get rewarded.
But if you dont have fun, just quit. Nobody tells you what to do, if you dont wanna play KI anymore, its your decission.

I have over 24 days of gameplay with KI and only 1 ranked match. I play mostly against friends or the AI or shadows.
And i still have a lot of fun playing KI.
In the 3 years KI is out, i also had a few time i didn’t want to play anymore, i took between 1 - 2 months of, came back and loved it even more.

Sometimes a well deserved break can do wonders!

(And we as community asking to IG to add this and that…) lol. Maybe IG needs a break too! Hope not… :smile:

Anyway, take a break and come back whenever you want. People still gonna be here to kick your ■■■! lol :smile:

1 Like

Well aren’t you cute.

1. Considered leaving and taking a break for something are completely different from quitting/being done with something.

2. A post buried in a thread, in response to the topic, is not a public announcement of anything. Making an individual thread, posting on your personal social media outlets, etc. are announcements, not an anecdotal account of one’s experience in response to a forum topic.

Nice try though. Lol.

I think you got the wrong Raptor.
I was agreeing with the posts author.