Omen Season 3 Rebalance Discussion

Yes they can, they’re fully invincible until the hit the ground so the amount of stun doesn’t really matter (though it looks like it’s about 20+ frames before they hit the ground.) Once they hit the ground they can block right away.

Invincible command grab > five Rashakukens > Slide/Overhead into mixup…

This is going to be fun. :smiling_imp:

How will you do 5?

Shadow rashakuken? Shadow orda into shadow rashakuken? But how can you do that if you just spent your entire meter on DD? lol

Forgot to include the instinct trigger, you get 2 additional projectiles :grin:

1 Like

I’m afraid not, Instinct adds only one extra projectile

1 Like

Huh, for some reason I imagined five. Nonetheless, FOUR Rashakukens :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I just realized how ■■■■■■■ terrifying it is now that Omen’s shadow fireballs don’t go away when hit. :fearful:

I had a fun idea for a set up when he first dropped that looked scary but could be avoided or stuffed.
Start from just outside of range.
Pop Instinct>Shadow Orda Shield x2 for 5x2 orbiting fireballs>Heavy Rashakuken for 4 regular fireballs>Go Nuts

Now… That’s actually going to be pretty decent… I might be playing a lot more Omen. :grinning:

1 Like

Im worried Omen might be 2 OP now.

Think about this:

Get combo -> Orda ender -> Shadow Orda shield ->

NOW: When the hit the ground, you walk in, and jump up over their heads, then back-air-dash infront of them again.
You will start infront of them, be behind them, and then back infront in a fraction of a second. THINK ABOUT HOW HARD THAT IS TO BLOCK! And the Orda Shield projectiles would mean they have to hit 2 crossup block windows PERFECTLY. Its impossible.

Then you continue the combo -> Orda Ender (which gives 1 meter or more)

REPEAT

Yeah… The more I think about it, the more I agree with Keits at the World Cup S3 changes demo when he said Omen might be too good now and they might have to dial him back a bit. He can do some nasty stuff with his changes.

I don’t think his balls should disappear when they get kicked though. It makes him too easy to shut down.

… I can’t help but read this in the wrong sense.

5 Likes

There is never a situation where the Orda ender will yield an entire shadow stock. At most it will yield 80% of a stock. And also, the set up you described should be possible right now, shouldn’t it?

Dont worry and guys lets keep it quiet and on the down low!! Dont over hype…you know ppl will start complaining and then we will get NERFED!!! Dont let them start before we even get a chance to use him!

If you have no meter, A combo with level 3 or 4 orda ender will get you a meter. Im 99% positive.
You have to consider the fireballs you use to get in, the opener, then every combo hit leading up to the ender.

Notice my phrasing; [quote=“Crainiak24, post:53, topic:4632”]
There is never a situation where the Orda ender will yield an entire shadow stock
[/quote] Emphasis on ENDER. I understand that the combo itself could yield more than a stock. Regardless, I see your concern.

I’m real scurd about the timing for manuals getting shifted. I have trouble with manuals already, and this is going to jack me up bad.

I see your idea IN THEORY sounds broken but omen cannot generate enough meter to keep that mix up going. At most it could be done 2 of 3 times repeatedly if the opponent doesn’t break. In optimal play, omen will go for shorter combos which means less ender levels. Less ender levels means the set can only be done so many times. Not to mention injunctions moves like DP’s.

1 Like

Did they say which buff they took away from him on stream today? I caught Keits saying they toned him down after the world cup but didn’t catch any specifics.

I don’t recall the specifics but I heard keits talk about that too.

I was also curious about what was removed. @TheKeits would you be able to tell us what has changed for Omen since World Cup?

1 Like